Jerry on fans believing he's the biggest issue: That's very fair

triplets_93

Reaction score
I think that Jerry has been taken over by the Devil, and that he has been ordered to Torture the Dallas fan base. The deal is that the Cowboy franchise continues to be one of the most valuable sports teams in the world.

The Love of Money is the Root of All Evil.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You guys do realize the ownership has the final say and most owners don't give GM that much latitude but here he would have none, So what would it matter if he named Will Mcclay the official GM and saying I'm going to pull back and let will do more he's still going to have the final say the ownership is still here it's not going to change the culture or the way things are done when Jerry and Steven still like to be in on every decision?​

This whole campaign on social media and Twitter about Jerry firing Jerry it's cute but it's nothing's going to change by him even coming out and admitting he's wrong and making some changes on what switching out titles on people's cards and their desk name plate.

And I realize this isn't probably even going to be read everyone thinks my posts are too long, but you do realize other teams have fired several GM some of them moved they have different owners they've changed a lot of things over the last couple decades like the Cleveland Browns and where did they get him not even a single division title since 1989, I believe..

There are teams that constantly hold their GM accountable they hold their head coaches and they hold their quarterbacks accountable they don't keep their star players very long and they change all the time but most of them don't get better I've watched it the Jacksonville Jaguars had a small blip that they got good for one year they did this with Mark Sanchez and The Jets for a couple of years but then he went right back to being really bad and most of the bad teams are still bad they're struggling to build anything that would even be close to what the Dallas Cowboys have experienced over the last decade they would trade their normal quote UN quote structured front office for hours because we're top 6IN wins we're into the playoffs 5 out of the last six years and I know everyone around here wants more but it could be much worse..

In no way am I saying I agree with Jerry Jones I'm just telling you that there are a lot of teams that do it the way everyone wants it done here and nothing ever becomes a dynasty everybody wants another run at a bunch of NFC championship games and Super Bowls and there's not many teams that are doing it in fact since 1989 the Dallas Cowboys are one of three teams that have had three or more Super Bowl wins and the other two are dynasties that would be New England and Kansas City so outside the occasional team like the Rams going all in and it works for the most part what jerry's doing....orks but for the most part it doesn't..

I mean, just look around every time A Team starts to get a little better we come in here like I don't know someone in here we know started a post saying look at Washington they look so improved after three games and new ownership really after three regular season games they're only up one game on us and all of a sudden you're saying that them getting rid of their ownership and making big changes is gonna change their future well how about we wait 5 or 6 years and then we could talk about it because right now most teams that have been bad have been bad for at least the last 10 years and nothing has changed by them firing and changing out many things about their well-structured front office they are NOT doing it better than the dallas cowboys....if its all about the RS we are top 6 many division wins 5 of 8 years the playoffs..​
I get the blowback and appreciate the debates BUT we could do far worse than what we have now I see teams really really bad and I don't think we've experienced really bad in so long but I don't think you guys know what bad looks like or feels like because right now that's not the way I feel about our franchise it could be better but I sure glad we're not some of these other teams that can't wait to meet the Dallas someday., you know like tonight the New York Giants have only beat the Dallas Cowboys twice in the last 12 years or whatever it is this is their Super Bowl night this is literally them they can't wait to beat us in a regular season game four games into the season it's like their Super Bowl this is like their proving grounds this is what the Dallas Cowboys and yeah our fan base seems to think.... of the bottom 10 teams in the league..​

diamonddelts

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why I'm so angry with Jerry. The way I receive this statement from him is "yes, I'm the problem, but I'm also in charge. What are you going to do about it?". This is the kind of stuff that has happened through history leading to revolts. Jerry doesn't care, and he won't do the necessary things to get us a championship. He talks so much about how much money he'd spend for a championship, but balked at $6 million to bring Derrick Henry here, which would have allowed us to at least do what we did in 2014 to play keep away from our defence. He didn't do ANYTHING in free agency, where we could've gotten a top NT in FA. Time and again, he refuses to make the necessary acquisitions to compete for a Lombardi.
Dallas does not have the Oline talent from 2014. Run game would not be anywhere near as successful.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Well, maybe it's time it does enter American culture. We are thousands/millions of fans. There are more of us than there are people in the organisation. We are the ones that support the team. Maybe it's time we go to games and make our disdain loud and clear every chance we get. Maybe it's time we have signs during games for all the world to see with how upset we are with the way the team is being run.
Yes give Jerry more of your money to show your frustration with him. Brilliant.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
My co-worker who's also a cowboys fan is hoping for Belichick as the next coach. I told him you will see Jason Garrett clapping his hands on our sideline again as head coach before Jerry gives up that type of control.
Your coworker is not the sharpest needle in granny's knitting bag.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I am thinking Belichick too. He has mentioned (if I remember this correctly, sometime last year) that at his age that he could give up some roster control to focus solely on coaching.

Jerry also has said there’s “no doubt” he could work with BB, and called BB his “friend”.

It makes sense. It’s a flashy hire and Jerry would be happy about that.

I’d like to see Belichick bring in a young OC, so he can handle the defense and “head coach stuff”.

But knowing Jerry he’ll promote Zimmer or something.
Cowboys fans love retread coaches and mediocrity.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I'm not going to the games. I don't even live in Texas. That said, I'm just saying for those that DO go to games to perhaps consider making their opinions of Jerry known.
They already have. By giving Jerry their money and enabling him to continue his way of doing things. Empty rhetoric means nothing when you continue to fund the person in power.