Jerry on fans believing he's the biggest issue: That's very fair

foofighters

Reaction score
Because money isn't everything.....not only that but to kind of contradict that statement....if it is everything to him....he'd make more money if he gave up the reigns. But it's not about money with him. He's a billionaire. What does he need another billion?
It is to him. It's not that he needs more but he uses that as the "be all end all" validation with how he's running the team. He's a businessman and a salesman. All those ticket sales, jersey sales, TV deals and etc are what he uses to justify that he's doing just fine as the GM.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

After the debacle that was the Packers loss earlier this year, Jerry proclaimed that he was " ALL IN ".
He then proceeded to do mostly nothing in free agency, while we had a ton of free agents leave.
He then drug his feet most of the off season before signing CD to a fair market value contract.

The cherry on top of this crapfest of an off season was to give a good regular season QB the largest average salary contract in NFL history.

I have said this until I am blue in the face, this team is never having meaningful success until Jerry and and son are no longer in their current front office positions.

The NFL is a very competitive league. We are at a severe competitive disadvantage having two amateurs at the two most important front office positions.

No other NFL team has the lack of accountability in the front office that the Cowboys have.
This dysfunctional set up filters down to the coaches and players.
This is why the team has no heart and folds like a cheap suit the moment they get punched in the mouth.

I am at my limit after 49 years of giving this team my undying loyalty.

So I am stepping back and limiting my involvement with this team.

I am no longer having my Sundays revolve around this teams schedule.

If they are on local TV fine, I will watch. No more trips to the sports bars.

No more rearranging my families plans to accommodate watching games.

Until Jerry gets serious enough about winning to make meaningful changes thats gonna be my strategy.

I am beyond fed up with this poorly run excuse of a football team where the mantra seems to be just staying relevant.

As a side note, I really appreciate the Cowboys Zone. The banter and gameday game threads has kept me more involved with the team
than I otherwise would be.

Really have enjoyed the friendships made here.

morat1959

Reaction score
I can’t understand how many on here see this as a revelation . If the game’s on a regular broadcast, I watch if my kids or grandkids aren’t playing or coaching. That’s the only money I’ve contributed to this circus for 20 years. Stop going to games and buying merchandise. Here it comes…”but Jerry is gonna make his money anyway.” Well good for him. I’m not contributing!

morat1959

Reaction score
Forgot to add…I’m too embarrassed to wear any of my old jerseys. He’s made us into a laughing stock.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
After the debacle that was the Packers loss earlier this year, Jerry proclaimed that he was " ALL IN ".
He then proceeded to do mostly nothing in free agency, while we had a ton of free agents leave.
He then drug his feet most of the off season before signing CD to a fair market value contract.

The cherry on top of this crapfest of an off season was to give a good regular season QB the largest average salary contract in NFL history.

I have said this until I am blue in the face, this team is never having meaningful success until Jerry and and son are no longer in their current front office positions.

The NFL is a very competitive league. We are at a severe competitive disadvantage having two amateurs at the two most important front office positions.

No other NFL team has the lack of accountability in the front office that the Cowboys have.
This is why the team has no heart and folds like a cheap suit the moment they get punched in the mouth.

Until Jerry gets serious enough about winning to make meaningful changes thats gonna be my strategy.

I am beyond fed up with this poorly run excuse of a football team where the mantra seems to be just staying relevant.

As a side note, I really appreciate the Cowboys Zone. The banter and gameday game threads has kept me more involved with the team

I enjoy this forum too.

morat1959

Reaction score

You won’t regret it. I made this move many years ago. It allows you to watch from a totally different perspective.

morat1959

Reaction score
Not mine,the very last thing I bought cowboy related was a Romo replica jersey back in 2009.
I’ve got a Staubach, Aikman, Emmitt and one my daughter bought me with my last name on it. I quit buying and wearing my caps and T’s many years ago. It’s embarrassing to put them on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is not the only way. That said, I wish I could see an actual collective effort realistically large enough to test that theory. Just once. I had zero problems stating I am wrong.

Thing is, it could be tried. Easily. Those who feel the most that the theory could succeed could organize the effort without any assistance from those not willing to join the attempt. The world is the most interconnected in terms of communication--instantaneous communication at that--than anytime in human history. It is a doable plan.

Problem is, no one has attempted any plan of this magnitude. Ever. At minimum, any attempt must be on a national level. Jones' revenue sources are far too vast and widespread for a local campaign to have a realistic shot. And that should be the singular goal, namely, making Jones suffer financially to a point of compliance.

Oh well. Good luck to that. lol.
Yea, I didn’t say it was doable or probable. Not enough fans would probably be willing to sacrifice their own money by not brokering out their tickets and just flat not showing up. And it would take more than one game.

Beyond that I don’t see another way. Our best chance was before the new stadium opened. I joined tens of thousands other long time season ticket holders by refusing to buy PSL’s and tickets which we had first right refusal at new stadium.

But other fans were eagerly waiting. Once those PSL’s were committed , game over. Unlike previously at Texas Stadium season ticket holders could sit out a year without costing them nothing but possibilities of losing those particular seats.

Not only would non sellouts with empty seats be embarrassing it also prevented local broadcast within 75 miles. And this downturn along with losing seasons ultimately caused the Cowboys to lose money .

I realize it’s not a real possibility anymore but I maintain it was and could be most effective means to get his attention. The negative media blitz or humiliation won’t be enough to sway him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is to him. It's not that he needs more but he uses that as the "be all end all" validation with how he's running the team. He's a businessman and a salesman. All those ticket sales, jersey sales, TV deals and etc are what he uses to justify that he's doing just fine as the GM.
I disagree. I think this 28 years has been about showing he can win without Jimmy and we suffer.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, I didn’t say it was doable or probable. Not enough fans would probably be willing to sacrifice their own money by not brokering out their tickets and just flat not showing up. And it would take more than one game.

Beyond that I don’t see another way. Our best chance was before the new stadium opened. I joined tens of thousands other long time season ticket holders by refusing to buy PSL’s and tickets which we had first right refusal at new stadium.

But other fans were eagerly waiting. Once those PSL’s were committed , game over. Unlike previously at Texas Stadium season ticket holders could sit out a year without costing them nothing but possibilities of losing those particular seats.

Not only would non sellouts with empty seats be embarrassing it also prevented local broadcast within 75 miles. And this downturn along with losing seasons ultimately caused the Cowboys to lose money .

I realize it’s not a real possibility anymore but I maintain it was and could be most effective means to get his attention. The negative media blitz or humiliation won’t be enough to sway him.
Understood. You and I have gone back-and-forth on this topic a number of times in the past and we disagree. There is no need for me to re-litigate my position. ;) :)

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
It's also going too far when you say other posters have "lost their minds" like you did just recently.
Maybe he meant after life as a Cowboy owner/GM. he's eventually going to have to step down due to being too old-we can hope... But whether he dies or not we still have Stephen so Jerry's death would change little:facepalm:

Dallas5xchamps

Reaction score
My co-worker who's also a cowboys fan is hoping for Belichick as the next coach. I told him you will see Jason Garrett clapping his hands on our sideline again as head coach before Jerry gives up that type of control.

foofighters

Reaction score
I disagree. I think this 28 years has been about showing he can win without Jimmy and we suffer.
It's one in the same. It's his ego and it's the money that he uses to justify it. That includes thinking that it was Jerry over Jimmy.

Of course, I'd argue about what Jimmy did after he left the Cowboys but then this board would have a meltdown.