Jerry on fans believing he's the biggest issue: That's very fair

Sydla

Reaction score

I accept that completely.

But won't do a thing about it. I'll still make the same hair brained decisions. I'll still be cheap in FA. I'll still operate with no philosophical basis.

I'll just keep doing what my gut tells me to do and it's been great for me............... 5 playoff wins in 27 years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"I accept that completely."

That is a bold face lie. Jerry Jones is a businessman, who has made billions.

Any business person would weigh the pros-and-cons of adjusting upper management if goals are not met. He has had three decades to make those adjustments concerning himself. He has flat out refused to replace himself with another qualified candidate. He has not hired or fired someone to replace him for a year. Not for a month. Not for a week or even a day.

The truth would have been, "I accept that partially but only partially because I am unwilling to try another common business tactic to order to get us back to the Super Bowl." That would have been the correct thing to say. He can say it. No one can make him do whatever he does not want to do but noooo...

<expletive> narcissist.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
"I accept that completely."

That is a bold face lie. Jerry Jones is a businessman, who has made billions.

Any business person would weigh the pros-and-cons of adjusting upper management if goals are not met. He has had three decades to make that adjustments concerning himself. He has flat out refused to replace himself with another qualified candidate. He has not hired or fired someone to replace him for a year. Not for a month. Not for a week or even a day.

The truth would have been, "I accept that partially but only partially because I am unwilling to try another common business tactic to order to get us back to the Super Bowl." That would have been the correct thing to say. He can say it. No one can make him do whatever he does not want to do but noooo...

<expletive> narcissist.

Exactly, this is just more gaslighting from an owner who seems to have developed a disdain of us. Rather than listening to the criticism we've had for him for the last decade or more, he's doubled down. Now he seems almost shocked that we're angry, and almost seems to resent us for being angry at him when the record shows that we have every reason to be angry.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is my point earlier........I now just try to enjoy the game. Worrying about Jerry, Dak, and Parsons is too much stress for no reason coz like you said they don't care what we think. Their careers and/or money are solid as a rock.
I’m in the same Boat. The losses are hurting less than they did even a year ago.

Plankton

Reaction score
1091494204-jerry-jones-laugh.jpg

75boyz

Reaction score
The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one.
So Jerry admits he is the problem so how will he fix himself?

If a miracle were to occur and an entire 180 degree change took place as to how his football operations of the Dallas Cowboys was run then that would be the solution.

Anything short of that is just a continuance of his ego driven money grab role as owner.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
This was in 2012

Jones, who has been the Cowboys' owner and general manager since 1989, acknowleged that he would have fired the GM by now if he weren't the man working that post.

"Well, I think so ... because he was there to dismiss," Jones said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "I've always worked for myself, and you can't do that. You basically have to straighten that guy out in the mirror when you work for yourself. But certainly, if I'd had the discretion, I've done it with coaches, and certainly I would have changed a general manager."