Jerry on fans believing he's the biggest issue: That's very fair

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This was in 2012

Jones, who has been the Cowboys' owner and general manager since 1989, acknowleged that he would have fired the GM by now if he weren't the man working that post.

"Well, I think so ... because he was there to dismiss," Jones said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "I've always worked for myself, and you can't do that. You basically have to straighten that guy out in the mirror when you work for yourself. But certainly, if I'd had the discretion, I've done it with coaches, and certainly I would have changed a general manager."
Of course ....... he always gives anyone named Jones a pass.

All of his children are good at their jobs too ....... none of them have been demoted or fired.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
1091494204-jerry-jones-laugh.jpg

Exactly the problem, and it's why I ask if he hates the Cowboys. It's more does he hate his fans, but the point remains.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly the problem, and it's why I ask if he hates the Cowboys. It's more does he hate his fans, but the point remains.
I do not believe Jerry Jones hates his franchise's fans but he definitely feels indifferent towards his fans' wishes though. That is his prerogative but he (or anyone else in his position) are callous in not trying a different strategy in achieving success but also thumbing their noses at those who want to share in that success as well.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
This is why he's a MALIGNANT narcissist. More than a few people have this disorder...but it's not malignant.

Malignant: evil in nature, influence, or effect.

In other words: I understand that I'm bad for "it", but I love me more than I do "it". In fact "it" is just a tool to augment ME.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I do not believe Jerry Jones hates his franchise's fans but he definitely feels indifferent towards his fans' wishes though. That is his prerogative but he (or anyone else in his position) are callous in not trying a different strategy in achieving success but also thumbing their noses at those who want to share in that success as well.

Exactly, and it's only going to breed an escalation in tensions between him and his franchise's fans.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I haven't watched one game this year. Yes, I come in this chat and see what everyone has to say from game to game. I do look at the final score to see if we won/lost every week. But you won't see me commenting about any game because I won't watch them. If we make the playoffs, I'll start watching at that time but I will not hold my breath.

This is coming from someone that watched every game for the last 40 plus years. I'm over it....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Nah we haven't even approached the Dave Campo 5 and 11 years. When it gets loud enough he will go and sign some big name free agent just to shut everyone up for a few years.

Well, and that's what we need to be doing. Getting louder at him until he does what we need him to do to win.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, and it's only going to breed an escalation in tensions between him and his franchise's fans.
lol. 'Tensions?' You mean like the tension many of his team's fans have felt and still feel over the past 30 years?

Tensions will escalate to what end? It is a rhetorical question. Mass fan discontent could escalate to the point where a significant number of Dallas fans will not attend games or purchase merchandise. That eventuality has always been a possibility.

That said, I have always stated I doubt it will have any effect on Jones. Yes, he is a businessman but he is a narcissistic one. In my opinion, hitting him in the wallet will have zero effect. However, hitting that <expletive> where it hurts a narcissist the most--a.k.a. between his ears--might... just might... be enough to nudge him towards doing the best thing for his fans AND himself.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
lol. 'Tensions?' You mean like the tension many of his team's fans have felt and still feel over the past 30 years?

Tensions will escalate to what end? It is a rhetorical question. Mass fan discontent could escalate to the point where a significant number of Dallas fans will not attend games or purchase merchandise. That eventuality has always been a possibility.

That said, I have always stated I doubt it will have any effect on Jones. Yes, he is a businessman but he is a narcissistic one. In my opinion, hitting him in the wallet will have zero effect. However, hitting that <expletive> where it hurts a narcissist the most--a.k.a. between his ears--might... just might... be enough to nudge him towards doing the best thing for his fans AND himself.

Well yeah, and if we can get the noise loud enough, who knows. Like, if this was a place like Philly or New York, the media would be cranking the noise up so loudly to the point where it'd be affecting Jerry's ego. What we need is for the noise to get as loud as possible. Have people, kinda like what the Man U supporters did years ago with the Glazers standing outside Old Trafford demanding "Glazers Out". We need fans while tailgating holding signs saying "Joneses Out". We need those signs all over the stadium, and fans shouting every chance they get "Sell the team" until either Jerry starts making changes or steps aside. Make it so loud that Jerry can't ignore our anger.