Jerry on fans believing he's the biggest issue: That's very fair

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because money isn't everything.....not only that but to kind of contradict that statement....if it is everything to him....he'd make more money if he gave up the reigns. But it's not about money with him. He's a billionaire. What does he need another billion?
It matters to billionaires on how many billions each has. Ego kinda thing. Not the world you and I reside in.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Well yeah, and if we can get the noise loud enough, who knows. Like, if this was a place like Philly or New York, the media would be cranking the noise up so loudly to the point where it'd be affecting Jerry's ego. What we need is for the noise to get as loud as possible. Have people, kinda like what the Man U supporters did years ago with the Glazers standing outside Old Trafford demanding "Glazers Out". We need fans while tailgating holding signs saying "Joneses Out". We need those signs all over the stadium, and fans shouting every chance they get "Sell the team" until either Jerry starts making changes or steps aside. Make it so loud that Jerry can't ignore our anger.
That sounds good Rusty, doesn't quite fit into American culture though sadly, love the idea of it.

Angry fans in their thousands screaming for change.. ohh.. even better a million person march to Dallas demanding accountability. Heck yeah

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It matters to billionaires on how many billions each has. Ego kinda thing. Not the world you and I reside in.
Then how can you speak for a billionaire then? I don't doubt it. My point is if it was about the billions he would run his organization differently. But it's not about the money. Cowboys as a SB contender....just making it in one of these last 28 years? $$$$$$$

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, exactly, and maybe if he knows his fanbase is furious by seeing his fans turning on him at his stadium and telling him we don't think he is able to correct the issues, maybe he says, "I'll show you" and actually makes moves we need.
Bold> That will not work. He has done and said the 'I'll show you' routine, several times during the past three decades.

The problem is two-fold. First, Jones makes the final decisions on coaching and roster hirings, firings, acquisitions and waivers. He has not allowed anyone else to make those decisions, which would likely not mirror his own.

Second, everyone working for him perceives him as the leader they should follow. He diminishes the needed perception of the coaching staff and players to follow the head coach's authority and autonomy. For richer or poorer. Jones has done it for so long, and intertwined his persona into the fabric of his franchise so deeply, that new coaches and new players are swallowed up by it. The problem is perpetual in that fashion.

The best end goal is Jones replacing himself, not giving himself the 29th opportunity to get things corrected. The man has, literally, trial-and-errored for decades. He depleted his well of second chances a long, LONG time ago.

visionary

Reaction score
I just don't understand why he refuses to hire a GM (this is a rhetorical question)?

He cleary isn't cutting it, and, he could hire a GM and still make tons of money continuing to own the franchise.

It just baffles me.
It is VERY obvious

He is afraid that although he already looks incompetent, if he gets a GM and the team has success he will be exposed even more for the complete fraud he actually is

There would be no coming back from that

He cannot take that risk

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nah we haven't even approached the Dave Campo 5 and 11 years. When it gets loud enough he will go and sign some big name free agent just to shut everyone up for a few years.
Those 5-11 years were just 5 years after a Super Bowl victory. The environment 20+ years later may be a little bit different. That being said, he hasn't been one to care during those 20+ years, so odds are you may be correct.

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score
Just step out of the way old man or move on to the afterlife.
You should actually be banned for this!!!
What if it was your dad, brother, grandpa, or anyone that someone was wishing death on!!! Unfreaking called for. It’s sickening and crazy that you wish death upon someone because of football.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That sounds good Rusty, doesn't quite fit into American culture though sadly, love the idea of it.

Angry fans in their thousands screaming for change.. ohh.. even better a million person march to Dallas demanding accountability. Heck yeah

Well, maybe it's time it does enter American culture. We are thousands/millions of fans. There are more of us than there are people in the organisation. We are the ones that support the team. Maybe it's time we go to games and make our disdain loud and clear every chance we get. Maybe it's time we have signs during games for all the world to see with how upset we are with the way the team is being run.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bold> That will not work. He has done and said the 'I'll show you' routine, several times during the past three decades.

The problem is two-fold. First, Jones makes the final decisions on coaching and roster hirings, firings, acquisitions and waivers. He has not allowed anyone else to make those decisions, which would likely not mirror his own.

Second, everyone working for him perceives him as the leader they should follow. He diminishes the needed perception of the coaching staff and players to follow the head coach's authority and autonomy. For richer or poorer. Jones has done it for so long, and intertwined his persona into the fabric of his franchise so deeply, that new coaches and new players are swallowed up by it. The problem is perpetual in that fashion.

The best end goal is Jones replacing himself, not giving himself the 29th opportunity to get things corrected. The man has, literally, trial-and-errored for decades. He depleted his well of second chances a long, LONG time ago.

Well, and that's where it's time maybe our fanbase adopts some of the ideas from European football fans. Maybe it's time we go to games with more than just booing. It's time we have signs and vocalise how annoyed we are with the way Jerry's running the team.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Well, and that's what we need to be doing. Getting louder at him until he does what we need him to do to win.
Not an option any more, he made the biggest bone headed decision last month with Dak and that overpaid contract. Get use to losing for four years bc that money requires a guy be more than what Dak will ever be. If Dak was Brady, Manning, Rodger’s, Mahomes he could score with less on the field. He can elevate the other guys around him, therefore no money to go get another WR, RB, oline, or get some FA DT’s that’s are needed more than anything else. My solution would be to fire sale everyone you can get rid of and stock some draft picks, get some room off the salary cap and look for investing as much as possible in your defense. Offfense will suck and will need to rely solely on Sal being able to put up 14-21 pts a game. Probably can’t do that with no ceedee, rb, etc but he made his own bed by taking that 240. I have 240 million times to tell him he sucks over the next 4 years

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, maybe it's time it does enter American culture. We are thousands/millions of fans. There are more of us than there are people in the organisation. We are the ones that support the team. Maybe it's time we go to games and make our disdain loud and clear every chance we get. Maybe it's time we have signs during games for all the world to see with how upset we are with the way the team is being run.

Plus, like I said, maybe we can get loud enough for the media to pick us up.