Jerry on fans believing he's the biggest issue: That's very fair

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not an option any more, he made the biggest bone headed decision last month with Dak and that overpaid contract. Get use to losing for four years bc that money requires a guy be more than what Dak will ever be. If Dak was Brady, Manning, Rodger’s, Mahomes he could score with less on the field. He can elevate the other guys around him, therefore no money to go get another WR, RB, oline, or get some FA DT’s that’s are needed more than anything else. My solution would be to fire sale everyone you can get rid of and stock some draft picks, get some room off the salary cap and look for investing as much as possible in your defense. Offfense will suck and will need to rely solely on Sal being able to put up 14-21 pts a game. Probably can’t do that with no ceedee, rb, etc but he made his own bed by taking that 240. I have 240 million times to tell him he sucks over the next 4 years

Doesn't change the fact that we need to start, as fans, getting louder. We need to start using European styles of making Jerry understand our anger. Maybe get him to start fixing the trenches properly.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don't understand why he refuses to hire a GM (this is a rhetorical question)?

He cleary isn't cutting it, and, he could hire a GM and still make tons of money continuing to own the franchise.

It just baffles me.
You are thinking like a person who weighs options. Perhaps you are a business owner or manager. You would consider alternatives in trying to enact a resolution.

Jerry Jones is a narcissist. He thinks no one person can be a better general manager than himself. This internal belief was reinforced twice:
  • first, the three Super Bowl victories (he sees himself as a larger factor in that success than Jimmy Johnson (never forget his '500 coaches' claim)
  • second, his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction, which was primarily due to his contributions as an owner but he sees it as his worth as a general manager
In short, he does not see what you or others see. Always has. Probably always will.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right. There was a poster that said he hated JG and hoped he burned in hell. It’s entertainment. Life priorities :facepalm: .
Ok that's funny but still pathetic I agree. I laugh because I can't believe people are that silly.

I said it to a poster yesterday I'm so glad I don't take this stuff that serious because that's a sick and twisted place to be.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He doesn't have to give a crap about it either. He knows he will still fill the stadium and sell a ton of merchandise so he is content with doing it his way.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are thinking like a person who weighs options. Perhaps you are a business owner or manager. You would consider alternatives in trying to enact a resolution.

Jerry Jones is a narcissist. He thinks no one person can be a better general manager than himself. This internal belief was reinforced twice:
  • first, the three Super Bowl victories (he sees himself as a larger factor in that success than Jimmy Johnson (never forget his '500 coaches' claim)
  • second, his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction, which was primarily due to his contributions as an owner but he sees it as his worth as a general manager
In short, he does not see what you or others see. Always has. Probably always will.
:hammer:

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Well, maybe it's time it does enter American culture. We are thousands/millions of fans. There are more of us than there are people in the organisation. We are the ones that support the team. Maybe it's time we go to games and make our disdain loud and clear every chance we get. Maybe it's time we have signs during games for all the world to see with how upset we are with the way the team is being run.
BTW i'm not in any way trying to make light of your suggestions regarding finding a way to get the Jones family to listen to the fans.

I completely get the frustration.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right. He’s admitted before he’d of fired a GM with his record this era.

The only way to bring him to his knees is with a hit on revenue and empty seats. Beyond that he’s unflappable.
It is not the only way. That said, I wish I could see an actual collective effort realistically large enough to test that theory. Just once. I had zero problems stating I am wrong.

Thing is, it could be tried. Easily. Those who feel the most that the theory could succeed could organize the effort without any assistance from those not willing to join the attempt. The world is the most interconnected in terms of communication--instantaneous communication at that--than anytime in human history. It is a doable plan.

Problem is, no one has attempted any plan of this magnitude. Ever. At minimum, any attempt must be on a national level. Jones' revenue sources are far too vast and widespread for a local campaign to have a realistic shot. And that should be the singular goal, namely, making Jones suffer financially to a point of compliance.

Oh well. Good luck to that. lol.

Last edited:

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In the second half?
Technically it was the 2nd half of the 2nd half.

Might have had a shot if it was the whole half and not just the last 10 minutes (for the whole offense).

Edit: By that I mean not depending on our defense to 3 and out them with two minutes left because we were down by 3 scores (plus successful 2 point tries).

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
BTW i'm not in any way trying to make light of your suggestions regarding finding a way to get the Jones family to listen to the fans.

I completely get the frustration.

It's not just frustration from me. It's anger. We all saw the glaring weaknesses. If we as fans can see them, then surely 31 other teams can and will gameplan for them. yet, it feels like the Joneses couldn't care less. That's why I'm so angry. I want to feel like the Joneses care and are making an effort. I can be okay with them showing effort and it not working. But if they just ignore weaknesses and issues, then that's where I get angry. I get that you can't win every year. But you have to at least try, and they're not trying.

StarLord

Reaction score
It is VERY obvious

He is afraid that although he already looks incompetent, if he gets a GM and the team has success he will be exposed even more for the complete fraud he actually is

There would be no coming back from that

He cannot take that risk
So much this. He operates from within a cage of fear. It's why he couldn't let Dak go .. the idea that would succeed elsewhere terrifies him. Just as hiring a GM .. hence it will never happen while he can think and speak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Might have had a shot if it was the whole half and not just the last 10 minutes (for the whole offense).
You're probably right. Or had Lamb not fumbled in the redzone....I think they just needed one solid possession but they were a solid possession away from coming back.

JustChip

Reaction score

Actually, the 2nd half of the 2nd half of the 2nd half. Their 1st TD drive started with about 8 minutes left in the game.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The guy is 82 years old and could lead the most exquisite lifestyle ever known, with zero worries….

Yet he spends his days in eternal search of his “credit,” which presents a question for those who insist that he had anything at all to do with building the 90s teams…..

If he has done it already, why does he continue to insist on pursuing it into his 80s?

I guess the answer is that Jerry just simply forgot how to build a winning roster after those 90s teams that were all him, yes?
what else does he have to do?

you're a multi billionaire and own the cowboys. do you really care what some named "iceberg" or "fivetwos" thinks?