Jerry on JG and the Eagles

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I watched em both and I still go with Jimmy.
Back when Landry was building the Cowboys, there wasn't a revolving door to select players from, teams were built through the draft for the most part which speaks highly of how Landry had 20 straight winning seasons, invented the flex defense . yea it all eventually caught up to him eventually but the first 25 years were fun to watch.......Landry, Tex, and Murchison built the team that was respected, competitive, successful, and admired which prompted the America's Team moniker that I believe Steve Sabol of NFL films named the team that still lives today instead of the laughed at franchise has turned us into now.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Back when Landry was building the Cowboys, there wasn't a revolving door to select players from, teams were built through the draft for the most part which speaks highly of how Landry had 20 straight winning seasons, invented the flex defense . yea it all eventually caught up to him eventually but the first 25 years were fun to watch.......Landry, Tex, and Murchison built the team that was respected, competitive, successful, and admired which prompted the America's Team moniker that I believe Steve Sabol of NFL films named the team that still lives today instead of the laughed at franchise has turned us into now.
Yeah, but Jimmy came into a team with the worst record in the league-who Tom coached that year, and turned it around in 5 years to Super Bowl Champs !!! Back to Back Champs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

waving monkey

Reaction score
How many times have you personally been ridiculed by other fans regarding this picture?

image001.jpg

Guess what, our owner was "proud" of this moment as well.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/...e-opening-jerry-world/tckbFtya5hnfPcTVjERt4O/
why would that even bother you?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
not true JJones carries a chip on his shoulder to prove he can win it all without Jimmy Johnson
JJones is driven to win he just makes bad personnel decisions
Jerry is trying to win doing the exact opposite of what won him the three rings..........he wants to win his way, his way won't win a super bowl as the last two plus decades have proved but his ego won't allow him to admit it.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Jerry is trying to win doing the exact opposite of what won him the three rings..........he wants to win his way, his way won't win a super bowl as the last two plus decades have proved but his ego won't allow him to admit it.
The only point i was contesting was the old hack that Jerry got he Gold jacket ,his rich and doesn't care about winning. That simply doesn't jive. Im not saying his been a good GM.The evidence doesn't support that.