Jerry on the coaching staff **merged**

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Compare Jerry's assessment of the coaching staff and Garrett to Romo's assessment of Garrett a few weeks ago when asked about him by Nantz during the KC game.

Romo effectively said he's not an X's and O's guy and he tries to get the team motivated. That's about as poor a "good" assessment as one can get.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL! Is that a gun, or is he springing a leak?!?!
one more year of the red menace.
asdKLLm.gif

plymkr

Reaction score
That's much more about him defending his decision-making than what the coaches are actually (not) doing.

Firing Garrett is admitting that he was yet again (and almost always) wrong.
Firing Garrett is admitting that he wasted Tony Romo and Jason Witten's careers.

I don't know if I can watch him ruin Dak's career. Just too painful.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Those who are surprised by Jerry's statement either haven't been keeping up with the team's happenings or is in denial of them. Both Jerry and Stephen have been praising their staff both lately and for many years now. It's especially so, in matters pertaining to Jason Garrett.

It might take games similar to those happening during the era of Wade Phillips before JG and his cohorts are cut. As long as the team plays hard for him, he'll likely be safe.

In stark contrast to that, though, there are no guarantees that this will be so indefinitely. Players have a way of becoming lax and unproductive whenever the wins aren't forthcoming any longer.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboy fans keep looking for an absolution which is probably never going to come with Jerry. Certainly not as long as he’s #1 in Revenue.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Well what do you expect him to say? The season isn't over as much as some fans think that it is, and I can guarantee the players don't think it's over. You don't throw your coaching staff under the bus with a 5-5 record and 6 games till to play unless you really want to lose the team.

Or the confidence of any other possible coaching staff.

Chappy

Reaction score
Sad news to see that Tweet and the circus is going to continue while the Clapper just keeps clapping and getting paid for doing nothing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The fact that you love a coaching staff that even the owner admits cant make adjustments and actually contributes to losses is not surprising.

The fact Jerry doesn't mind it is.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Inexplicable

Although I have to think Jerry isn’t that dumb. If this keeps up it’ll force his hand

Never has a coach been so reliant on super star players to make this system go. If one goes out it all goes to hell. It’s proven now

kevm3

Reaction score
Jerry jones is reason number 1 for 2 decades of cowboys mediocrity. I'm getting to the point where I might stop watching. If the GM doesn't care about winning, why even waste my time tuning in? To watch the team I represent look like clowns and to hear fans of other teams gloat and rejoice?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Its perfectly understandable. After all, we went 0-16 last year and all of that is on Jason Garrett.

Correction...................we went 0-1...............its called the playoffs and its how coaches are judged.

oh snap, I forgot bringing up Jason Garrett's playoff record is like holy water to a vampire