Jerry on the coaching staff **merged**

Blake

Reaction score
Yea, this is the last straw for me with Jerry Jones. The Cowboys have lost their shine thanks to his insatiable self-serving ego. Now they carry the stigma of being just another dumpster fire franchise, with past successes that people have long forgot about, accept that they attest to a once proud and illustrious era of greatness. This is his legacy as a gm; way to prove how much smarter you are dumb***! I tried to give the guy a chance with Garret; really thought he was turning a corner, becoming humble and more sensible. Some of the organizational processes were actually beginning to make sense. The guy is obviously incredibly insecure in his narcissism though, or why else would he refuse to hire a coach with some clout? Jimmy must've really dressed him down. He has no respect for the fans, or the history of the franchise. He's a laughingstock to many, and deserves to be so. Out.

RS12

Reaction score
Get it done:
Dan Mullen or Urban Meyer.
I'd love either of those but I dont see Meyer working for Jerry. Love Mullen just for his QB work alone. Has the ability to turn nothing into something.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, Jerry fired Wade because the team quit. The 2015 team never quit on Garrett.

If we play hard and finish with 7 or 8 wins no way Garrett is fired. Even at 5-11 I doubt it unless something dramatic happens.

5-11 isn't "dramatic"?

Losing his last 8 games of the season isn't "dramatic"?

That's incompetent is what that is. If Jerry didn't make a move after that, he'd look like a fool. And fans and sponsors would revolt.

He's got enough problems as it is, looking like a fool is one that he doesn't need.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not big on the current coaching staff either, but as the owner you don't give them grief at 5-5.

No, I put little stock in anything Jones says at this point.

He's not making any decisions one way or the other at this point, and why would he?

This is a decision that comes after the season. I'll wait until then to pay attention to anything he says.

visionary

Reaction score
5-11 isn't "dramatic"?

Losing his last 8 games of the season isn't "dramatic"?

That's incompetent is what that is. If Jerry didn't make a move after that, he'd look like a fool. And fans and sponsors would revolt.

He's got enough problems as it is, looking like a fool is one that he doesn't need.

Of course not

5-11: injuries
Losing 8 straight: injuries
Jerry look like a fool: already used to it

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course not

5-11: injuries
Losing 8 straight: injuries
Jerry look like a fool: already used to it

No bueno.

Garrett and the coaches had this team just 5-3 before they lost anybody.

The fact is that they were never that good this year, following up 13-3.

It's the same sad rollercoaster, over and over and over again. Time for the ride to end.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
No bueno.

Garrett and the coaches had this team just 5-3 before they lost anybody.

The fact is that they were never that good this year, following up 13-3.

It's the same sad rollercoaster, over and over and over again. Time for the ride to end.

Idk Stash. We are set to win the division again next year and go at least 12-4.

So maybe he should fire the coaches after next year???

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I get why he said this.
What I would prefer him say is more along the lines that every player, every position, and every coach, trainer, ect are always under evaluation and always will be.
that would be the worst thing to say. he has to come out and support his coach, to show the players and try and keep the team focused.

you can't throw out a statement like that and not expect for the rumor mill to get going in the locker room, around the building, etc. and that's the fastest way to tear apart a team.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
The only "qualification" Ginger ever possessed was that Jerry was "comfortable" with him. Great. Jerry continues to put his need for "comfort" above any need to win - or do right by the fans of this once-proud franchise.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
This is "salesman Jerry" at its best. He knows there are still three home games and wants the best attendance possible. Plus, until we're officially eliminated from playoff contention, what's the point of throwing the coaching staff under the bus?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And of those 5 wins only one of those teams had an above 500 record. The team with the above 500 record just got embarrassed by NYG whose season is over.

Yeah, for whatever reasons, a few teams like the Chiefs and Broncos are fading badly after a fast start.

Meanwhile, some that started terribly, like the Saints and to some degree the Chargers, look to be getting it together.

For the record, I think the Chargers beat us on Thursday.

Unlike the Cowboys who look to be falling apart, they look to be getting it together. Two teams going in opposite directions.