Jerry on the radio this morning

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Seriously...........If Zeke has a deal on the table for slightly less than Gurley then he is just dumb not to take it. At this point its just an ego thing for him. The fan base has pretty much turned on him.

The fan base has turned on him? Not all of them, and the minute Zeke scores a big TD, the fans will forget the holdout.

windjc

Reaction score
All the fans so desperate for us to sign Zeke. I don't care. Let's play without Zeke and see what happens. I love it!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How many games did DLaw miss in his first three seasons?

Zeke has only missed 6 and was fit and active and productive for the rest. Fans and media amplify every little thing he does--he's an easy story--when guys like DLaw aren't exactly Mr. Reliable and still get their big deals.

People also forget that Zeke is a very smart person who comes from a good family. It's very likely he grows out of his immaturity, as most do

All that may be true but he’s a known risk and would be stupid to just hand him over more money without a way to get out of it when he is close to receiving a year ban.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Point received, I forgot about them thwarting the Squealers efforts to win number six.

Now that you've proven me wrong on that point, what about since that time?
Some up and some down. They’ve not had the success we all crave, but the team is definitely on the upswing currently.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The fan base has turned on him? Not all of them, and the minute Zeke scores a big TD, the fans will forget the holdout.

No not all. But many of them. Its seem the fan base as a whole is tired of his antics and distraction.

And yes, when he comes back and tears it up, everyone will forget about the rest. Until, if and when he does something stupid and gets suspended.

But............lets see how Pollard does. There could be a tidal wave of love for the guy if he tears it up in the first few games.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
No not all. But many of them. Its seem the fan base as a whole is tired of his antics and distraction.

And yes, when he comes back and tears it up, everyone will forget about the rest. Until, if and when he does something stupid and gets suspended.

But............lets see how Pollard does. There could be a tidal wave of love for the guy if he tears it up in the first few games.

Let's hope that happens.

Kaiser

Reaction score
But you are actually incorrect about Gurley. The 19 and 20 salaries and roster bonus became fully guaranteed on 3/5/19. Practically, the there was no out for the Rams as the structure of the deal would have hit the Rams with 34 mill in dead cap. Practically, I don't see the point in having the guarantees hit six months after the deal is signed because they would decimate their cap by cutting him.

My point is that Gurley's contract had 21MM on signing and 45 Million guaranteed. The cap hits for the four guaranteed years were 7, 9, 17 and 13MM. Zeke has salaries for the next two years for 4MM and 9MM already. Dallas could guarantee those years (2019 is already guaranteed), offer him the 21 Million in a new signing bonus plus 11 Million guaranteed in years 3 and 4.

That would be "matching Gurley's contract" of 45 Million in guaranteed money but it would be a horrible deal for Zeke. In reality it would only be 33 Million in new money.

Gaede

Reaction score
Top 5 pass rushing DE types are much more valuable than a RB pal. Thats just common sense. AND.............Dlaw didnt have two years left on his contract. His contract was up and all they had was the threat of the franchise tag. Lawrence also isnt a dunken idiot waiting to happen.
Ask any team in the league who they'd rather have and it won't be DLAW

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Zeke's ONLY leveridge ...
Zeke now knows his leveredge ...

Guys, it's leverage. Leverage, damn you!

And said leverage is still firmly intact. It was always about how well the team could do without him. They'd actually have to do well to lower it. That's more than a week away from being realized or not. But panting hearts want what they want. Lol.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

And said leverage is still firmly intact. It was always about how well the team could do without him. They'd actually have to do well to lower it. That's more than a week away from being realized or not. But panting hearts want what they want. Lol.
Well, professor, in the Caribbean it is leveridge, mon.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
My point is that Gurley's contract had 21MM on signing and 45 Million guaranteed. The cap hits for the four guaranteed years were 7, 9, 17 and 13MM. Zeke has salaries for the next two years for 4MM and 9MM already. Dallas could guarantee those years (2019 is already guaranteed), offer him the 21 Million in a new signing bonus plus 11 Million guaranteed in years 3 and 4.

That would be "matching Gurley's contract" of 45 Million in guaranteed money but it would be a horrible deal for Zeke. In reality it would only be 33 Million in new money.

That would be matching Gurley's contract because he had basically the same 4th year salary and 5th year option salaries that Zeke has right now.

There isn't anything confusing about this - they both had exactly the same situation.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some up and some down. They’ve not had the success we all crave, but the team is definitely on the upswing currently.

I am in concurrence with that statement, just don't derail it with foolishness. It is time to prove all of the talking heads wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ask any team in the league who they'd rather have and it won't be DLAW

Wow...…….I completely disagree. I would think most if not all would say Dlaw. Getting a top end pass rusher is one of the toughest things in football to do.

I actually couldn't disagree more on that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Unlike Leveon Bell there is no fear that he will sit out the year and become a unrestricted FA. 2 years left on his contract means he either plays for us or no one.

In fact...……...when James Conner came in and starting killing it, even Bells leverage went out the window.

Only thing that Zeke has is that we are a better team with him than without. But if Pollard comes in gives them a weapon from the RB position and the passing game takes the next step he will have absolutely no leverage at all. Zeke has been good, but he has NOT been the unstoppable force from the RB position.

Legend

Reaction score
Wow...…….I completely disagree. I would think most if not all would say Dlaw. Getting a top end pass rusher is one of the toughest things in football to do.

I actually couldn't disagree more on that.
We need both and then some.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys wont do anything until they lose games. Jerry will stir the pot to keep everybody talking but the second they lose a game he'll be writing a check

It would have to be more than just losing one game. The offense would have to be stuttering and the run game would have to be in shambles. I find it very hard to believe that will happen with the Oline as healthy as it appears to be. We would have to have several big injuries there like last year and there would have to be no holes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We need both and then some.

We shall see. I think this year they are a little stuck because Im not sure that Pollard could handle the whole load. Him and another young talented back in next years draft and I have no issues. And that money saved on Zeke could go to shoring up the defense. We could be better without him in the long run.