Jerry on the radio this morning

Mr_437

Reaction score
Welp...Jerry doing his job getting y'all all riled up. The same crap was going with DLaw contract thru the media...now it's #21's contract thru the media.

I don't care no more if or when they give a new deal to Zeke. I'm gonna watch the game and see what Dak can do, if Kellen is a great OC, is the Defense Top 10, can Maher make a 35 yard FG, how Pollard handles the load, is the HC clutch enough?

Let's see here last two SB winning Owners. Kraft had his "drama" outside the game, but he low key and they win a lot. Jeffrey Laurie, don't here much from him either...neither one does all this "extra stuff" Jerry does. Drama makes the Cowboys the most profitable team. Also, drama makes the Cowboys a mediocre team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If I were Jerry, I'd give him and his agent my permission and my blessing to go out and seek a trade. Let them find out first hand that nobody would be willing to give anything to pay him what he's looking for and then lose sleep at night hoping he doesn't screw up again. Nobody.

They can come crawling back and hope that the original offer is still on the table.

I'm willing to bet a pretty penny his agent ALREADY know of at least one maybe two teams willing to pay him close to what he's asking. In this day and age of text messages, there's a ton of underhanded **** going on with teams and agents. Have read at 3-4 tweets where former NFL GMs/personnel people say it happens all the time. In fact, it's now why I think Zeke holding his ground. He knows HIS money is out there...just a matter of where it comes from.

BTW......I also think his agent has put the Cowboys on notice that he has no intention of reporting until week 10 but I admit this is where I get off his wagon. Every game missed is lost of NOT $200k but $800-900K that he CAN'T get back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm willing to bet a pretty penny his agent ALREADY know of at least one maybe two teams willing to pay him close to what he's asking. In this day and age of text messages, there's a ton of underhanded **** going on with teams and agents. Have read at 3-4 tweets where former NFL GMs/personnel people say it happens all the time. In fact, it's now why I think Zeke holding his ground. He knows HIS money is out there...just a matter of where it comes from.

BTW......I also think his agent has put the Cowboys on notice that he has no intention of reporting until week 10 but I admit this is where I get off his wagon. Every game missed is lost of NOT $200k but $800-900K that he CAN'T get back.

And if he holds out until week 10, he's playing 6 games , plus the playoffs potentially, risking injury, for less than $1 million.

That's moronic.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We shall see. I think this year they are a little stuck because Im not sure that Pollard could handle the whole load. Him and another young talented back in next years draft and I have no issues. And that money saved on Zeke could go to shoring up the defense. We could be better without him in the long run.

Exactly but I'm pretty sure that part of the plan, catching Jones with their pants down. They ( he and his agent ) know it's next to impossible to replace his 2000 yards this late in the game.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Yea if it goes all the way to week 10 I'm off the wagon too. It's going to be harder and harder to support him the longer this goes. We either win without him or he wrecks the season. Either way it's hard to come back from. Hope it ends soon.

Gaede

Reaction score
I don't like the way these negotiations are heading.

Tbh, it seems like Jerry is taking this personally. It should be just business. And that's how Zeke is approaching it.

But for Jerry to say the things he said today? Those are insults

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Unlike Leveon Bell there is no fear that he will sit out the year and become a unrestricted FA. 2 years left on his contract means he either plays for us or no one.

In fact...……...when James Conner came in and starting killing it, even Bells leverage went out the window.

Only thing that Zeke has is that we are a better team with him than without. But if Pollard comes in gives them a weapon from the RB position and the passing game takes the next step he will have absolutely no leverage at all. Zeke has been good, but he has NOT been the unstoppable force from the RB position.

The "IF" is the leverage. Thanks.

To be determined in a few weeks if it goes that far.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And if he holds out until week 10, he's playing 6 games , plus the playoffs potentially, risking injury, for less than $1 million.

That's moronic.

Agree 100% but I said in another thread if he's still out by Oct trade deadline, I think Jerry and Stephen will at least have a conversation on whether or not to move him. Coz the risk and damage by then maybe too much......

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke will play when Jerry gets his checkbook out.

When we start losing games, he will pay.

Zeke will get paid either by Jerry or another team.

Now back to planet Big D as it comes down to the following......

Can our offense produce without Zeke?

Next Sunday we start finding out.....GL to us...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree 100% but I said in another thread if he's still out by Oct trade deadline, I think Jerry and Stephen will at least have a conversation on whether or not to move him. Coz the risk and damage by then maybe too much......

Like I said, I don't give them permission NOW. Go out there and see who's willing to give up something to pay you what you're looking for. You'll be in for a shock when nobody is interested.

Think about this.

Le'Veon Bell was out there on the free agent market, and couldn't BUY interest other than from the Jets. It's out there to see that he tried. He begged the Ravens and Raiders to come after him and neither one showed the interest. And that was with no draft pick compensation involved.

Nobody's chasing after Zeke, paying tops in the league, and then worrying about the next suspension or banishment.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Like I said, I don't give them permission NOW. Go out there and see who's willing to give up something to pay you what you're looking for. You'll be in for a shock when nobody is interested.

Think about this.

Le'Veon Bell was out there on the free agent market, and couldn't BUY interest other than from the Jets. It's out there to see that he tried. He begged the Ravens and Raiders to come after him and neither one showed the interest. And that was with no draft pick compensation involved.

Nobody's chasing after Zeke, paying tops in the league, and then worrying about the next suspension or banishment.

That pretty penny is one the table.......give you at least 2 teams I'm fairly confidence would be all over him, Buc and Chiefs. I see what you're saying about Bell but I just don't that applying to Zeke situation. Besides, I think the Cowboys have already set the template for his value with their offers and base of those offers, they apparently don't see the off-field issues as something they can't protect themselves.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That pretty penny is one the table.......give you at least 2 teams I'm fairly confidence would be all over him, Buc and Chiefs. I see what you're saying about Bell but I just don't that applying to Zeke situation. Besides, I think the Cowboys have already set the template for his value with their offers and base of those offers, they apparently don't see the off-field issues as something they can't protect themselves.

I think the "protection" is the major hang up. Zeke wants guarantees and the Cowboys don't want to give guarantees to some proven unreliable.

As for those two teams you mention, I think the Chiefs can't afford to pay him. Not with what they already have and have on the horizon to pay (Chris Jones, Mahomes). And whole the Bucs might have the cap space now, they still have to figure out quarterback and whether to pay him, and I don't think they or anyone else would give up oremium draft compensation to then pay Elliott tops in the league. To be honest, I wish someone else would.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think the "protection" is the major hang up. Zeke wants guarantees and the Cowboys don't want to give guarantees to some proven unreliable.

As for those two teams you mention, I think the Chiefs can't afford to pay him. Not with what they already have and have on the horizon to pay (Chris Jones, Mahomes). And whole the Bucs might have the cap space now, they still have to figure out quarterback and whether to pay him, and I don't think they or anyone else would give up oremium draft compensation to then pay Elliott tops in the league. To be honest, I wish someone else would.

Either way, it's officially in Messyville and needs clean-up like fast.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't like the way these negotiations are heading.

Tbh, it seems like Jerry is taking this personally. It should be just business. And that's how Zeke is approaching it.

But for Jerry to say the things he said today? Those are insults
Every time Jerry opens his mouth it looks bad.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It’s always about the talent.

Not when you have all of the leverage in a negotiation.

If Zeke were a free agent he’d have the Cowboys as much as you guys currently think he does.

Common sense should tell you he’s got next to nothing with 2 years left on the deal. He has to sign on their terms.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Elliot has to come back for the back half of the season to get an accrued season. Jerry has always had the "just get us to the big dance" mentality. If he thinks Pollard can be a credible starter, it's reasonable to explore that first than extend Zeke.
Interesting how you pick which judgement of Jerry’s you trust.