Jerry on the radio this morning

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You know if he gets paid as much or more then Gurley Dallas will have all kinds of ways to get out of this contract right? That is the point.
I just want the best team we can field. No other agendas. If we can afford to offer him 14 million , then IMO we can go 15 or 16. And cut 2 million somewhere else in Cap.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wish we didn’t didn’t need an Elite RB like Elliott in our offense but we are probably the most dependent offense on our dominating ground game not to mention the impact of Elliotts talent has in keeping defenses honest while enabling our QB’s effectiveness.

I really don’t see how anyone can expect this offense without Elliott to be a serious threat in contention this year. Can we still win some games? Of course. But will we be able to contend against the Elite defenses and teams in the league. Not as likely.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just want the best team we can field. No other agendas. If we can afford to offer him 14 million , then IMO we can go 15 or 16. And cut 2 million somewhere else in Cap.

If you really want the best team possible then you should care about Jerry getting the best possible deal done.

Zeke is a knucklehead and Dallas has an opportunity to give him a contract that they can potentially get out of if he does his usual in the offseason.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you really want the best team possible then you should care about Jerry getting the best possible deal done.

Zeke is a knucklehead and Dallas has an opportunity to give him a contract that they can potentially get out of if he does his usual in the offseason.
I can’t stand Zeke personally. He’s a frikin Thug. But this league is driven by talent.

Like I said . If we’re prepared to make him 2nd highest paid RB, then we can handle a million or two more.

I don’t care anything about the money . I just want him on the field.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I can’t stand Zeke personally. He’s a frikin Thug. But this league is driven by talent.

Like I said . If we’re prepared to make him 2nd highest paid RB, then we can handle a million or two more.

I don’t care anything about the money . I just want him on the field.

If there were no salary cap I wouldn’t care about the money either.

Since there is I do not see Dallas giving him stupid money that they can’t get out of with the leverage they have.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If there were no salary cap I wouldn’t care about the money either.

Since there is I do not see Dallas giving him stupid money that they can’t get out of with the leverage they have.
IMO he deserves to be highest paid RB in the league.

Define stupid money? A million more than Gurley?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
IMO he deserves to be highest paid RB in the league.

But there are problems with that. Especially him not being in a contract year.

The Rams gave Todd Gurley a dumb contract and everyone shouldn’t have to pay because of 1 teams stupidity. They outpaid the 2nd highest paid RB by like 15 million and to prove it was a dumb contract his career is already in jeopardy because his knee is messed up. RBs get 8njured.

Next problem. You can’t demand anything under contract. You have to negotiate because you have no real leverage until you’re a free agent.

Next problem. Zeke is a problem off the field and those problems usually don’t get better with more money.

Zeke is a proven risk and if you give him the big contract then you make sign a deal you can get out of.

If he’s doesn’t agree then you just take his game checks and tell him we’ll see you in week 10.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But there are problems with that. Especially him not being in a contract year.

The Rams gave Todd Gurley a dumb contract and everyone shouldn’t have to pay because of 1 teams stupidity. They outpaid the 2nd highest paid RB by like 15 million and to prove it was a dumb contract his career is already in jeopardy because his knee is messed up. RBs get 8njured.

Next problem. You can’t demand anything under contract. You have to negotiate because you have no real leverage until you’re a free agent.

Next problem. Zeke is a problem off the field and those problems usually don’t get better with more money.

Zeke is a proven risk and if you give him the big contract then you make sign a deal you can get out of.

If he’s doesn’t agree then you just take his game checks and tell him we’ll see you in week 10.
We can play hardball all the way out of the playoffs.

And I’m ok with stipulations in contract but again I’d ask , does he deserve to be highest paid RB based on his production and performance on the field?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’re already a marginal contender with Elliott. Who thinks we’re a bigger contender without Him? All for what. To save a couple million a year. Lol

This is just the ugly business of the NFL.

Unless Dak proves he’s worth 40 million a year, we’ll miss Elliotts talent tremendously.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We can play hardball all the way out of the playoffs.

And I’m ok with stipulations in contract but again I’d ask , does he deserve to be highest paid RB based on his production and performance on the field?

I think everyone involved with the contract is more then fine with playing hardball out of the playoffs.

As a fan I am fine with it if it comes to that.

Being stupid with the salary cap set you up for failure in the future and it sets a bad precedent going forward with future contracts.

I think the pay Zeke crowd is very short sighted.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think everyone involved with the contract is more then fine with playing hardball out of the playoffs.

As a fan I am fine with it if it comes to that.

Being stupid with the salary cap set you up for failure in the future and it sets a bad precedent going forward with future contracts.

I think the pay Zeke crowd is very short sighted.
The future is now. Our window won’t be open long with this core of talent.

We will waste one of our most talented teams this era without Elliott.

Willing to lose a season in the playoffs and a shot at the Super Bowl to prove a point is most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

Basically you’d rather be right than win. Lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The future is now. Our window won’t be open long with this core of talent.

We will waste one of our most talented teams this era without Elliott.

Willing to lose a season in the playoffs and a shot at the Super Bowl to prove a point is most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

Basically you’d rather be right than win. Lol

No I’m just looking at the situation and using common sense.

Don’t worry about wasting the season. He has to play week 10.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No I’m just looking at the situation and using common sense.

Don’t worry about wasting the season. He has to play week 10.
I’d be more worried about over paying Dak 40 million which will limit the future more than paying the most productive RB in the league top money.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’d be more worried about over paying Dak 40 million which will limit the future more than paying the most productive RB in the league top money.

I am.. Another reason I’m ok with Zeke holding out. I’d like to see Dak a couple months without Zeke.