Twitter: Jerry open to staying with Cooper Rush if he keeps winning

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
And there’s the dumbest thing I’ve read all day. I love Romo. I still says he’s the best Cowboys QB I’ve seen live. But those situations aren’t comparable. They went with Dak because they saw franchise QB potential. No one sees that with Rush.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I wonder if ya'll were saying "this is just Jerry trying to keep in the news" in 2016 when Romo was coming back at some point?

Jerry got the Dallas Prescott fans real nervous right now and it's showing.
Funny enough. Jerry was seen in public with Romo while he was injured at a sporting event (i think it might have been his grandsons high school championship game) and the talking heads (specifically Skip) were debating that Jerry loves Romo like a son bla bla bla.

Pretty sure Jerry was also on record multiple times when Romo was out saying it was Romo's team and starting QBs dont lose their jobs to injury.

So this is actually the complete opposite. lol

Creeper

Reaction score
Rush has one 1 in a row this season. He had a good first half, then cratered till the end. Some people are getting carried away.

Reactions: Ken

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Funny enough. Jerry was seen in public with Romo while he was injured at a sporting event (i think it might have been his grandsons high school championship game) and the talking heads (specifically Skip) were debating that Jerry loves Romo like a son bla bla bla.

Pretty sure Jerry was also on record multiple times when Romo was out saying it was Romo's team and starting QBs dont lose their jobs to injury.

So this is actually the complete opposite. lol
That's how over Dak he is.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
This is about as dumb a comment as when JJ talked about Quinn being a HC while MM is still on the clock.

Shaddap Jerry!

Not very helpful right now while we are trying to win games.

As an aside, I wonder how player's feel when they hear Jerry's media comments.

I know that Randy Gregory was not very popular with Cowboys fans when he departed, but was it all just Randy in the post divorce period was some of it Jerry's loose mouth?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I wonder if ya'll were saying "this is just Jerry trying to keep in the news" in 2016 when Romo was coming back at some point?

Jerry got the Dallas Prescott fans real nervous right now and it's showing.

This is why and you Rockport are made for each other. Lol.

dbk7wxz-01006a24-bd21-4196-8912-24e30d3c12c0.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys beat the Bengals with Rush but he didn’t play that well. Let’s be real.
Maybe....right after everyone said hes a pos since no other team signed him. Not too shabby. Couple more games under his belt....who knows?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hey Jerry, how can Rush even get to 10 wins when you said Dak would be back in two weeks? :facepalm:

aikemirv

Reaction score
This is about as dumb a comment as when JJ talked about Quinn being a HC while MM is still on the clock.

There is zero chance Rush starts over Dak bc the salary cap reality is what it is. Therefore— all this comment does is publicly undermine the QB you paid 160 million to last year.

I think this is JJ “musing” and planting the idea so that Dak doesn’t get comfortable— but right now, Dak’s confidence is shot.

He needs some loyalty from the FO and if anyone should be feeling pressure it should be Kellen Moore: “Fix our 40 million dollar QB!! Yesterday!! And if that means you scrap your cutesy offense to call plays he can execute then you better damn well do it!!”
I am not a Dak believer but I am in complete agreement with you here. He is stuck with Dak for a couple more years. He should be doing everything possible to make Dak a success. Getting rid of Amari was his first blunder to this end! This kind of talk in another!

It is about as stupid as the 49'rs going with Trey Lance as QB after Jimmy G led them to the NFC championship game.