Twitter: Jerry open to staying with Cooper Rush if he keeps winning

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Probably one of the top 3 smartest things Jerry has said. The list isn’t very long (at all), but we gotta give him credit. Go with the hot hand that is Rush and kick Dak to the curb. There needs to be a clause on contracts that allows for a player to be kicked for horrible play without eating a lot of the cap.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Absolutely. Take the ball out of Dak’s hands and return to 2016 and become a run first team. This is Kellen’s offense after all isn’t it?

This approach is what would make Dak more effective— though without “elite” stats— and it would clearly be in the best interest of the team.

But Kellen abandons the run FAR too quickly and easily. He has Boise St in his DNA and his tendencies are to air it out early and often. Dak likes that approach too because passing yards and TDs get you street cred with mediots and fans.

And proving people wrong is a key motivator for Dak. Tell him he can’t be a pocket passer and he will do everything in his power to show you up. There’s a word for that: pride.

IMO— Kellen needs to step up and do his job and ENSURE his QB runs the offensive system that is best for the TEAM. Not just the offense that in their minds they think makes them look awesome lol
It was already Proven in another thread that Dak is the one who audiables out of run plays . . . almost 33% of the time

And in addition to this Dak is limited to comeback routes which always defenses to play Zone while coming forward

Dak is a handicap to our Defense

Moore got Dak paid and there is nothing more He can do

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You'll be back to your unhappy place. Actually, you already are since you know Dak is coming back in another week or two. Sucks to be you. All full of hate and unhappiness. I love it!
:lmao:

You love losing. But, at least lover boy will be back soon, all broken down, bad leg, bad back, bad shoe, bad finger, bad brain and all...get ready.

CWR

Reaction score
This is about as dumb a comment as when JJ talked about Quinn being a HC while MM is still on the clock.

There is zero chance Rush starts over Dak bc the salary cap reality is what it is. Therefore— all this comment does is publicly undermine the QB you paid 160 million to last year.

I think this is JJ “musing” and planting the idea so that Dak doesn’t get comfortable— but right now, Dak’s confidence is shot.

He needs some loyalty from the FO and if anyone should be feeling pressure it should be Kellen Moore: “Fix our 40 million dollar QB!! Yesterday!! And if that means you scrap your cutesy offense to call plays he can execute then you better damn well do it!!”

Jerry thinks he's the NFL version of Phil Jackson. Lol

JayFord

Reaction score
what do you mean Jerry is open

that should be Mike's decision not Jerry

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is such a freaking liar...he want lover boy back as soon as possible. He is only saying this to appease all the Dak Stans.

I don't think so as I figure their mind is made up about Prescott now it's just going thru the motions of getting him out of here ASAP!
What's going to happen when Dakko stinks it up again at home?
Exactly..........

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That would make it so much worse if Dak is rushed back and struggles. That is a surefire way to get the fan base to turn on Dak.
That is the underlying theme, and you would think Jerry understands that, but probably not, yet maybe Jerry is telling Dak to go earn his money, imagine that, Old School Jerry insisting
that those that get payed get played... Good Ole Jerry, a true gangsta after all... :D

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It was already Proven in another thread that Dak is the one who audiables out of run plays . . . almost 33% of the time

And in addition to this Dak is limited to comeback routes which always defenses to play Zone while coming forward

Dak is a handicap to our Defense

Moore got Dak paid and there is nothing more He can do

I don’t buy into the “Kellen is just a victim of Dak’s limitations” narrative. They both have their issues… but one is paid to play football, the other is paid to put all his players in the best position to succeed.

I am not a Dak defender. He absolutely needs to play better. But what he needs right now is not a BFF to go out and have a beer with. He needs an OC that will sit his butt down and give him some harsh Parcells-type reality and help him grow through this adversity.

I don’t see that kind of leadership in Kellen— so Dak has unfortunately become the most entitled player in the locker room and now he doesn’t know what to do bc what has been working for him in the past— is no longer working.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My goodness, if Rush wins another couple of games, imagine how fast fans at AT&T will turn on Dak when he returns. The only thing that can save him is to come out balling.
GL with that.......:muttley: