Twitter: Jerry open to staying with Cooper Rush if he keeps winning

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That sounds like a very un-Jerry-like thing to say, so I hope Rush tests that theory to see if he means it or is just trying to get media to stop asking the question. :popcorn:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
jerry said IF HE GETS TO 10 WINS he stays with rush lol.
That wont happen unless rush plays thru game 11-14, and no way he gets to play that long.
I think this is just jerry creating headlines. ( or being ********, at times it is hard to tell which one)

Xeven

Reaction score
Jerry will go with who is selling tickets and Jerseys.

khiladi

Reaction score
I love how people keep saying ‘return to the “2016 Offense” as if it wasn’t figured out. Besides the fact that OL and RG were so dominant, they controlled the LOS and we don’t have that anymore, you still need a decent QB to be able to read defenses and not be a one truck pony.

Defenses basically realized that Linehan eas using Cole Beasley as Dak’s safety valve and they started sitting on his out routes in particular. He went from 75 receptions to 36 receptions.

https://sportdfw.com/2018/05/20/cowboys-bounce-back-season-real-problem-cole-beasley/amp/

In 2017, Beasley was bracketed, sat on, and otherwise eliminated in the passing game. Opponenets keyed on his out-breaking routes and planted defenders accordingly. Cole Beasley saw more second-man attention than Dez Bryant last season (Dez technically appeared to get more double-teams but Cole clearly commanded more attention).

So if Dallas goes back to the 2016 offense, they’d be even more garbage than they are now. Why? Because the QB is mediocre and is reliant on a few passing routes.

THE SOLUTION TO COLE BEASLEY’S PROBLEM IS TO BECOME UNPREDICTABLE AND MAKE DEFENSES PAY FOR FIXING IN ON A COUPLE KEY ROUTES.

The fact is our resident QB can’t anticipate worth Jack squat. He’s a 1-2 read QB that processed too slow.

khiladi

Reaction score
It was already Proven in another thread that Dak is the one who audiables out of run plays . . . almost 33% of the time

And in addition to this Dak is limited to comeback routes which always defenses to play Zone while coming forward

Dak is a handicap to our Defense

Moore got Dak paid and there is nothing more He can do

Love the comeback route comment.

It was very evident from the Kurt Warner breakdowns that Dak was missing wide open crossing routes of Schultz and Amari. The guy reads the field horribly, it’s like he has a pre-set routine of what he’s going to do and not react accordingly, if the first read is not open in the zone, he’ll rush through it and go to his check-down.

He’s actually very robotic in his play.

khiladi

Reaction score
People say Jerry is trolling, while Dak is going to get text messages from his boys asking him if he read what Jerry said….

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys beat the Bengals with Rush but he didn’t play that well. Let’s be real.

So now victories have to receive style points like in college. ? In the NFL, wins are wins.. look at all the games decided by 3 points last week alone. No teams manhandled the other. You take them and then move on. Better than moral victories (losses) to me.

GMO415

Reaction score
Uh....No
200.gif

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Isn't the HC the one who decides who plays, and who doesn't? Nevermind.....

NotForLong

Reaction score
Love the comeback route comment.

It was very evident from the Kurt Warner breakdowns that Dak was missing wide open crossing routes of Schultz and Amari. The guy reads the field horribly, it’s like he has a pre-set routine of what he’s going to do and not react accordingly, if the first read is not open in the zone, he’ll rush through it and go to his check-down.

He’s actually very robotic in his play.
:thumbup:
That s pretty much the whole problem . . . And I am tired of watching it

Which is why I am excited to watch Cooper . . . And I must admit I had no Faith in Cooper and He didn't play great . . . But it was refreshing . . . To NOT have to watch what you refer to as a Robot

I am not saying Cooper is the Future . . . I am not a fool . . . I just want someone that keeps the Defense Honest and Guessing

The Cowboys are just blessed that He has such a command of the Play book . . And in this day & age of college QB's being united with they college WR . . . The time Noah and Cooper have spent together on the bench together is priceless

NotForLong

Reaction score
People say Jerry is trolling, while Dak is going to get text messages from his boys asking him if he read what Jerry said….
On a serious Note . . . Has anyone heard what Tad has to say.?

That's where I get my opinion from the Prescott Empire

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak, with his psyche, must be nervous as hell. Maybe he is on speed dial with Tad and boys right now getting them ready to tweet an SJW play, like during the contract negotiations, with Rush being a ginger and all.
:hammer:
No one is coming to His Aid this time . . . its all about Ratings and the WWF / Soap Opera talking Heads that Hype rhe games all week are gonna drive him into the Ground with no Mercy

They build them up just to tear them down

And there are no better ratings then tearing down the Cowboys

Dak is gonna be decimated and Jerry will be made the Court Jestor when all is said and done

lostar2009

Reaction score
Like how long Coop been on this squad? This like saying Aikman would get replace in 91. Guys its normal for your backup to win you some games.

GINeric

Reaction score
Like I've said before.... If Cooper continues to play well, leave him in there even when Dak is healthy.

GINeric

Reaction score
This is about as dumb a comment as when JJ talked about Quinn being a HC while MM is still on the clock.

There is zero chance Rush starts over Dak bc the salary cap reality is what it is. Therefore— all this comment does is publicly undermine the QB you paid 160 million to last year.

I think this is JJ “musing” and planting the idea so that Dak doesn’t get comfortable— but right now, Dak’s confidence is shot.

He needs some loyalty from the FO and if anyone should be feeling pressure it should be Kellen Moore: “Fix our 40 million dollar QB!! Yesterday!! And if that means you scrap your cutesy offense to call plays he can execute then you better damn well do it!!”

Whats more important, winning games or worrying about how much someone is paid??? If Rush is on a win streak and has the offense clicking, LEAVE HIS *** IN THERE!!!

Its about winning games!!!