Twitter: Jerry open to staying with Cooper Rush if he keeps winning

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I heard what he said on Mikerphone's YT Channel, and I noticed something about him during recording. I think it was his right pinkie, but he has a pinkie that's bent, and he looks much older than he's looked in the last year or so. Like, his age is really showing now I noticed. I do wonder if he's got some sort of cognitive issue that's really starting to take hold. His voice wasn't much different than it's been, but his appearance, especially with the pinkie, was a bit different. I'm not a medical professional, but I just thought it was an interesting to notice.

Or it could be Dupuytren's Contracture, which I've read about as I've noticed one of my fingers to be a bit bent. Essentially, it's an issue that mainly has people, per the NHS, who are of English origin in one way or another who can sometimes have a bent finger. It mainly impacts the ring and/or little fingers such as the pinkie. I read a lot about it as I might actually have it. If Jerry's got English ancestry, then it's possible that might be why his pinkie was bent.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Putting a little pressure on Dak with a comment like that is not a bad thing. Something Jimmy J would have done whether he really meant it or not.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Pressure and Dak is not a good mix.

Some guys thrive under pressure. Dak has shown that he will only buckle under it.
Exactly why it's a good idea to give him some pressure. He either responds positively or negatively, which makes the decision that much easier to make.

Coddling him with assurances of his job is exactly the wrong way to handle a guy who doesn't respond well to pressure.

kevm3

Reaction score
That's the logical choice, but why would you publicly state this? It's going to create a media firestorm. The cowboys will never do anything with this level of dysfunction in the front office

kevm3

Reaction score
It was already Proven in another thread that Dak is the one who audiables out of run plays . . . almost 33% of the time

And in addition to this Dak is limited to comeback routes which always defenses to play Zone while coming forward

Dak is a handicap to our Defense

Moore got Dak paid and there is nothing more He can do

you mean how we went from one of the top offenses in the NFL to one of the worst when Dak went out with that ankle injury?

If Dak was smart, we'd waive his trade clause and get out of this dumpster fire. Let the fans shred someone else and blame them for the cowboys failures.

If I'm Dak, I sit out as long as possible. If Rush does well, it gives him an opportunity to get out of the Cowboys. If he doesn't, then he can let the blame go back to the front office where it belongs

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak. Zeke. Dware. Ratliff second time. Gallup. Coop. Dez. Jaylon. Witt. On and on……..
Lawrence is probably his most stupid contract ever...he got 7 years gauranteed contract. and has total of 102M overall....gauranteed.....let that sink in. 102M garuanteed. for a total of 48 sacks in 8 years.....

Jaylon contract was sheer stupidity. Club Foot smith should kiss Jerry's foot for the rest of his life. it was a gift.

Zeke contract was another sheer stupidity. who gives a RB, the largest paid ever, with two years left on their contract. when you can draft Pollard in the 4th!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Lawrence is probably his most stupid contract ever...he got 7 years gauranteed contract. and has total of 102M overall....gauranteed.....let that sink in. 102M garuanteed. for a total of 48 sacks in 8 years.....

Jaylon contract was sheer stupidity. Club Foot smith should kiss Jerry's foot for the rest of his life. it was a gift.

Zeke contract was another sheer stupidity. who gives a RB, the largest paid ever, with two years left on their contract. when you can draft Pollard in the 4th!!!
I think Jaylon's was the worst, but any of those 3 can be reasonably chosen as the worst!!!!

exciter

Reaction score
Personally, I don't care what your passes look like as long as they're getting the job done.

The right play is more important to make then the pretty play.
Lol, alrighty then, so the ones that were 5 yards short, woefully off target from lack of arm strength and should have been a pick 6 got the job done?

exciter

Reaction score
Did we lose the game?

I'm not in the business of "should have been".

You seem bitter than we won with Rush. Weird.
Lol, oh wow, they won a whole whopping 1 game vs a currently extremely poorly playing team… yay. Dak has a 13,11, and 10 win season. Did you honestly see anything Sunday that gives you any reasonable belief Rush can win more than 6 games in any a given season?

NotForLong

Reaction score
you mean how we went from one of the top offenses in the NFL to one of the worst when Dak went out with that ankle injury?

If Dak was smart, we'd waive his trade clause and get out of this dumpster fire. Let the fans shred someone else and blame them for the cowboys failures.

If I'm Dak, I sit out as long as possible. If Rush does well, it gives him an opportunity to get out of the Cowboys. If he doesn't, then he can let the blame go back to the front office where it belongs
From your mouth to God's ears

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lol, oh wow, they won a whole whopping 1 game vs a currently extremely poorly playing team… yay. Dak has a 13,11, and 10 win season. Did you honestly see anything Sunday that gives you any reasonable belief Rush can win more than 6 games in any a given season?
Personally, I chose to enjoy the win instead of looking for way to discredit it.

I don't believe Rush or Dak are good enough to take this team anywhere.

I'll still enjoy the wins though.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Thank God. If Cooper Rush goes on a win streak there's no reason to take him out. If I remember correctly, we did the same thing with Dak so he should understand.
Yep. Of course we all currently consider coop a ginger weirdo pud of a prospect. But it’s possible we’re all wrong and he knows how to win.

as I type this I got a weird feeling he’s gonna start out next week with a pick 6, so I’mNervous for the guy but you don’t have to take him out until he loses

exciter

Reaction score
Personally, I chose to enjoy the win instead of looking for way to discredit it.

I don't believe Rush or Dak are good enough to take this team anywhere.

I'll still enjoy the wins though.
Lol, right! This coming from someone who comes off sounding like he spewed his load on himself in pure delight every time they lost with Dak!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thank God. If Cooper Rush goes on a win streak there's no reason to take him out. If I remember correctly, we did the same thing with Dak so he should understand.
Dak's thumb will never be 100% this season.

The longer Rush plays, the healthier Dak gets.

If Dak was out for some non-injury issue then it would be different.
- Any team, with any injured QB should consider staying with the backup if he has not lost a game.