Jerry, please don't let us down...Draft a QB first!!!!!

waving monkey

Reaction score
They have no plan. They just want to *******ize the draft and treat it like veteran free agency. They have no vision, no foresight, they only care about rightnow!!, not building for the future.

I flush any and all comments like that. What they are essentially telling me is "I don't understand the NFL Draft". So I move on to somebody who does.

Mark my words, the same geniuses scoffing at a QB at 4 will be whining like little girls when the Cowboys have nothing at the position and that day could be right around the corner.

RS Iam losing hope. I believe JJOnes is telling us something and it ain't draft speak

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Get a veteran backup. A drafted QB isn't going to be effective coming off the bench in his first year. Now if there was a Troy Aikman out there then I would reconsider but it doesn't appear there is.

Didn't we try the vet backup route last season?.........In fact, we tried it 3 times to be exact...........1-11 was the result

So who specifically do you have in mind, and please don't even mention "RG3 and out" or "Billy Manzel".

reddyuta

Reaction score
Didn't we try the vet backup route last season?.........In fact, we tried it 3 times to be exact...........1-11 was the result

So who specifically do you have in mind, and please don't even mention "RG3 and out" or "Billy Manzel".

i dont mind comments like that by fans but when Jerry says the same after going through 3 backup QBs then i lose hope.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Answered in other thread.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RS Iam losing hope. I believe JJOnes is telling us something and it ain't draft speak

I have faith.

....that those two idiots will always make the wrong decision. This is a pivotal offseason. One I think will go a long way in determining what the next decade looks like. Or at least it could. I fully expect to hear that lunatic speak on this offseason 5 years from now with regret, while of course changing nothing going forward.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I have faith.

....that those two idiots will always make the wrong decision. This is a pivotal offseason. One I think will go a long way in determining what the next decade looks like. Or at least it could. I fully expect to hear that lunatic speak on this offseason 5 years from now with regret, while of course changing nothing going forward.

I spent sometime thinking about his past draft per-statements and it don't look good,ugh.
I think it's a big mistake also but I am getting myself prepared for the big abyss.
Steve may see the light and be a big influence but I think he is by nature conservative
and will not move up in draft to get Wentz. I think Browns grab Wentz @ 2.
This is a pivotal offseason

fishspill

Reaction score
I have my doubts about the coaches wanting a QB too. Using a premium pick on a guy that will likely bloom when your replacement is coaching the team isn't ideal for them. Whatever anyone may say the staff is on thin ice after 4-12. This only serves to increase their push for a short-term benefit.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Give me Wentz or Goff. But I could live with Bosa, too.
Bosa would be a back up to Lawrence and Gregory, you 2nd round draft picks from the past two years. Or are you saying one or both were a mistake and we wasted a 2nd round pick?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
No telling if any of these qbs are the future. Really one of the weakest qb classes in a long time.

the QB classes will get weaker because not many Big Time college programs run pro offenses. Next year's draft class is much worse than this years. And the only way I see us drafting this high again is if Romo gets hurt. If that's the plan, why not take the QB this year and be prepared for the future. This team is not a Bosa or Jack away from the super bowl. Continue building for the future by taking the QB. In a couple of years he will be set with a great OL, and will have the benefit of being mentored by Romo. Defense was not the problem last year. The defense from last year was better than the one from 2014. The difference was the QB play.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Colt McCoy, Matt Moore, Osweiler, Vick or Bradford just to name a few.

how low we have fallen, I now understand what some posters have been saying Vick? Bradford? really?

LET'S ALL RAISE OUR RIGHT HAND AND REPEAT AFTER ME,

I pledge myself and the Dallas Cowboys to mediocrity from now until I have taken my last breath.
However, I retain the right to ***** and moan blaming the FO for all it's bumbling draft picks and
any other aspects of the Cowboys that I see fit.

ghst187

Reaction score
Looking like Jerry is hellbent on bringing in Manziel or RG and avoiding QB in the draft again. This is exactly why we were irrelevant for twenty years and sadly probably why we will be again soon. You want a QB, you have to get them in rd one.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Looking like Jerry is hellbent on bringing in Manziel or RG and avoiding QB in the draft again. This is exactly why we were irrelevant for twenty years and sadly probably why we will be again soon. You want a QB, you have to get them in rd one.

Makes no dam sense to skip on a top QB this year, not with a top pick

This is a golden opportunity here, a WR or LB or CB is not going to make that much of a difference, a young franchise QB will

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
how low we have fallen, I now understand what some posters have been saying Vick? Bradford? really?

LET'S ALL RAISE OUR RIGHT HAND AND REPEAT AFTER ME,

I pledge myself and the Dallas Cowboys to mediocrity from now until I have taken my last breath.
However, I retain the right to ***** and moan blaming the FO for all it's bumbling draft picks and
any other aspects of the Cowboys that I see fit.

It is just ridiculous. It is like they are thinking with Jones family brains.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Bosa would be a back up to Lawrence and Gregory, you 2nd round draft picks from the past two years. Or are you saying one or both were a mistake and we wasted a 2nd round pick?

You can't have to many passrushers. And by the way, we don't have Hardy anymore either.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
the QB classes will get weaker because not many Big Time college programs run pro offenses. Next year's draft class is much worse than this years. And the only way I see us drafting this high again is if Romo gets hurt. If that's the plan, why not take the QB this year and be prepared for the future. This team is not a Bosa or Jack away from the super bowl. Continue building for the future by taking the QB. In a couple of years he will be set with a great OL, and will have the benefit of being mentored by Romo. Defense was not the problem last year. The defense from last year was better than the one from 2014. The difference was the QB play.

I do agree they are too far away to contend for a sb the next 2 seasons. Might as well draft a future qb but I don't think they will.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
No way do you draft a backup QB at pick no 4 to groom. A late 1st rd pick maybe. Romo's contract is also prohibitive when it comes to having another QB eating up significant salary. It is the choice you make when you sign a guy to a 100 million dollar contract. There is too much time left on Romo's contract to draft a qb at 4. The reason the back up's haven't succeeded is because they were the wrong back ups and the rest of the team is talent deficient. With no DEZ, it would have been hard for even Romo to look good. This team needs a talent infusion and if you use the highest pick in 25 years to draft a guy that never sees the field then you have made a mistake.

ghst187

Reaction score
Makes no dam sense to skip on a top QB this year, not with a top pick

This is a golden opportunity here, a WR or LB or CB is not going to make that much of a difference, a young franchise QB will

Totally agree, it'd be just another ticket to instability at the games most important position again for years to come

9darter

Reaction score
Go triplets in rounds 1-3. Defense after that and in FA.

Yeah, I know it doesn't work like that.