Jerry, please stop insulting our intelligence

CWR

Reaction score
I know we are just fans, but I don't appreciate Jerry insulting our intelligence as fans. His statement this morning about Henry not fitting our offense and such is absolute cap, and he knows it. Jerry, please stop insulting our intelligence.

We have two rookie olinemen. You know what helps rookies? A running game. Henry can bowl over people if needed. Sure, he may not get quite as many yards as he's getting in Baltimore, but our entire team would be better with him here. It's simple fundamental football. A good running game makes the rest of the offense successful. It opens up the play action, which is Dak's biggest strength. Dak is at his best when he can play action.

I would appreciate it if Jerry would just come out and admit he messed up not getting Henry. My anger at him would significantly lessen if he'd admit his mistake and put fixing our run game and stopping the run as a top priority.

You can only fix an issue when you admit you make a mistake. Instead, he sees fit to insult our intelligence.
That's what makes it so infuriating. He lies to us all the time and expects us to lap it up. He knows how many clueless morons follow this team, and uses it to his advantage.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's actually going to get worse if this season continues to go sideways. Jerry is going to be in full CYA mode so there is no lie, no falsehood, no gaslighting he won't float out there to excuse all the mistakes he's made.

At the end of the day, what Jerry wants to portray is that he did a great job and actually is a victim here and should be free from criticism and scorn.
He knows he can fire/not extend Mike, essentially blame it all on him, give a "Man in the mirror" speech, and most fans will buy it.

Just watch, that's exactly what will happen.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More and more fans are realizing not only how bad JJ is as a GM, but more importantly how little he really cares for the team or its fans.

What I mean about not caring about this team is this: If Jerry Jones really cared about the great history and reputation of this franchise he would step down. He cares more about himself and his pathetic ego than our beloved Cowboys. There is no question about that.
Honestly if he would start getting aggressive and spending money again I am ok with him staying as GM. He simply isn't stepping down and I am accepting that.
I'm pissed at the fact he is banking all the extra money and has gotten so risk averse in FA. If we had made 4-5 more moves (either signing our guys or FAs) at RB, OT, WR, DT, DE we would be in a lot better shape.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
I know we are just fans, but I don't appreciate Jerry insulting our intelligence as fans. His statement this morning about Henry not fitting our offense and such is absolute cap, and he knows it. Jerry, please stop insulting our intelligence.

We have two rookie olinemen. You know what helps rookies? A running game. Henry can bowl over people if needed. Sure, he may not get quite as many yards as he's getting in Baltimore, but our entire team would be better with him here. It's simple fundamental football. A good running game makes the rest of the offense successful. It opens up the play action, which is Dak's biggest strength. Dak is at his best when he can play action.

I would appreciate it if Jerry would just come out and admit he messed up not getting Henry. My anger at him would significantly lessen if he'd admit his mistake and put fixing our run game and stopping the run as a top priority.

You can only fix an issue when you admit you make a mistake. Instead, he sees fit to insult our intelligence.
I'm not going to call him JJ anymore it's Al Davis II

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Nah...I just trimmed mesquite and oak trees and hauled the limbs to the local drop off. Kept me and my wife entertained for three hours, now it's your turn. Bring it on, Jester! Lol
I've seen what you look like. There's no way you performed any physical work for more than 5 minutes.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That's what makes it so infuriating. He lies to us all the time and expects us to lap it up. He knows how many clueless morons follow this team, and uses it to his advantage.

Exactly, and it's ridiculous. Rather than just acknowledging an error, which every team does except maybe then Browns, he doubles down.

Reactions: CWR

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Honestly if he would start getting aggressive and spending money again I am ok with him staying as GM. He simply isn't stepping down and I am accepting that.
I'm pissed at the fact he is banking all the extra money and has gotten so risk averse in FA. If we had made 4-5 more moves (either signing our guys or FAs) at RB, OT, WR, DT, DE we would be in a lot better shape.

That's what I mean. If he actually made some signings as a show that he's trying, I can accept it if it doesn't work. I just want to see effort.

sacase

Reaction score
If yall think the Derrick henry would be a difference maker youa re crazy. This line does not open holes. Would we be better? yeah a bit, but not enough to make a real difference. Other teams RB's get 3+ yards down the field before they are touched. Ours routinely get hit in the backfield. the fact that the Ravens have lamar who you have to be worried about is huge. Lamar is 10x the QB Dak is.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If yall think the Derrick henry would be a difference maker youa re crazy. This line does not open holes. Would we be better? yeah a bit, but not enough to make a real difference. Other teams RB's get 3+ yards down the field before they are touched. Ours routinely get hit in the backfield. the fact that the Ravens have lamar who you have to be worried about is huge. Lamar is 10x the QB Dak is.

I will counter that 1. Part of the problem is the positioning and scheme and 2. We don't have any good enough backs to even know what our run game would look like with Henry. His physical abilities alone would help. I think maybe with a back like Henry the coaching staff changes the blocking scheme.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand what you’re saying. But having the oldest GM in NFL history who not only doesn’t get the modern NFL and is too arrogant to admit even the smallest of mistakes is like like putting lipstick on a pig.

This guy is late stage Al Davis and that’s not good.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I understand what you’re saying. But having the oldest GM in NFL history who not only doesn’t get the modern NFL and is too arrogant to admit even the smallest of mistakes is like like putting lipstick on a pig.

Hey, leave GM jerry alone! He is in the HOF if you did not know.
(worse thing that could ever have been done for a narcissist).

Blue64

Reaction score

He insults everyone’s intelligence because it’s part of his grander scheme to keep everyone talking about the Cowboys.

I really wish people would stop listening to his stories and just let him and his team waste away.
Then when the money stops coming in by the truckload… he will make moves to make this team relevant again

Blue64

Reaction score

No he’s prime Jerry Jones… a marketer who has built this franchise into the most valuable sports franchise

We were all laughing at Vince McMahon and his antics… no one is laughing anymore are they?

Jerry is cut from the same cloth…

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How ANY human with a IQ of over 70(?) can be exposed to successful, top level, NFL organizations for 35 years and consistently screw up on a yearly basis.
Never learning one single thing.
Again, I beg the press to shame this man's 30 year failures. I beg the fans boo him everywhere he shows his face.
We might have to put up with his stupidity, but we don't have to hear him attempt to justify it.