Twitter: Jerry: Probably fair to say Dak is in a slump

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
See. You have nothing to backup that statement. That's why you get labeled the way you do. Dak was playing like that last season before the injury, and came out this year on fire for 6 weeks in a row. Against GOOD TEAMS mixed in as well. Think what you want but we will agree to disagree.

If you want my honest opinion. It may sound weird. But watching the way the offense was run during the win streak to now. I feel like they have tightened up the playbook and are playing very vanilla. Its stupid IMO but it just doesn't add up. Look at the pre snap motion prior to the bye to now alone, its non existent. Its very risky but I think that could be happening.
I have 6 YEARS of evidence to back up my beliefs.

You have 6 GAMES of evidence to back up yours.

I don't have to make up excuses for his horrible play like "he's hurt", or the coaches, or "tightened up the playbook and are playing very vanilla" like you're doing right now because I know that Dak is gonna Dak. Ya'll got your hopes up after 6 games and now your scrambling trying to fill that delusional void Dak has left.

Remember this if you don't remember anything else at at: When it comes to Dak Prescott the carriage will always turn back into the pumpkin.

Aftershock

Reaction score
See. You have nothing to backup that statement. That's why you get labeled the way you do. Dak was playing like that last season before the injury, and came out this year on fire for 6 weeks in a row. Against GOOD TEAMS mixed in as well. Think what you want but we will agree to disagree.

If you want my honest opinion. It may sound weird. But watching the way the offense was run during the win streak to now. I feel like they have tightened up the playbook and are playing very vanilla. Its stupid IMO but it just doesn't add up. Look at the pre snap motion prior to the bye to now alone, its non existent. Its very risky but I think that could be happening.
Yeah, and Dak is purposefully playing poorly and missing throws so we don’t look too good coke playoff time. I mean, who wants to win games and get a #1 seed bye ? :lmao2::lmao:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It's psychology.....big part or the game and the locker room.....geeks wouldn't understand.....
While I agree that psychology is a big part of the game and the locker room, how can this specific comment by Jerry be spun as a psychological ploy? What am I missing?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I have 6 YEARS of evidence to back up my beliefs.

You have 6 GAMES of evidence to back up yours.

I don't have to make up excuses for his horrible play like "he's hurt", or the coaches, or "tightened up the playbook and are playing very vanilla" like you're doing right now because I know that Dak is gonna Dak. Ya'll got your hopes up after 6 games and now your scrambling trying to fill that delusional void Dak has left.

Remember this if you don't remember anything else at at: When it comes to Dak Prescott the carriage will always turn back into the pumpkin.
Your opinion. I didnt get emotional. Why you getting emotional? I am not even just talking about Dak when I say the play looks different. I am talking about the O as a whole unit. If you havent noticed that the creativity and scheme has changed. Well. Thats on you lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah, and Dak is purposefully playing poorly and missing throws so we don’t look too good coke playoff time. I mean, who wants to win games and get a #1 seed bye ? :lmao2::lmao:
I am saying what I have seen in the play-calling. How much motion was there before the bye? How much after. Watch the games. Its non existent. I am not saying they are losing or playing bad on purpose. All I am saying is they may be playing tighter. Thats all.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Your opinion. I didnt get emotional. Why you getting emotional? I am not even just talking about Dak when I say the play looks different. I am talking about the O as a whole unit. If you havent noticed that the creativity and scheme has changed. Well. Thats on you lol.
You'll come around and I'll continuing saying all the things about Dak that you're thinking but are just to scared to say on here.... ya know...because you gotta keep up appearances an all that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The mental gymnastics you have to play to believe things like that is amazing, isn't it?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While I agree that psychology is a big part of the game and the locker room, how can this specific comment by Jerry be spun as a psychological ploy? What am I missing?
He's challenging Dak to step up.....it's one thing in the office, he's probably already had that conversation but making public will either make or break him....Arians has publicly called out Brady a few times....let's the team know that no one is above the team

morat1959

Reaction score
Didn't feel a thing.....lol
Try to reflect on all your years of playing and coaching…lol. What a joke! Anyone whose played or coached any sport on any level laughs at your post. You may have been at the games viewing the stands. First or second chair?

phildadon86

Reaction score
No one listened too you! Lol
Literally did it 3 hours ago lol.

You coach. You telling me you haven't noticed that the play calling prior to the bye to now is drastically different? I barely see any motion. All I said was they may be playing more vanilla now knowing they are going to the playoffs. The 1 seed is going to be pretty hard to attain, so why not play closer to the vest? I am not saying Dak missing wide open throws is part of that. Just that the play calling has been vastly different. And I get called a conspiracy theorist? lol. This place knows no bounds sometimes.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
He's challenging Dak to step up.....it's one thing in the office, he's probably already had that conversation but making public will either make or break him....Arians has publicly called out Brady a few times....let's the team know that no one is above the team
Fair enough. If not for McCarthy's previous comment I might agree. The unintended psychological consequences of stepping all over the head coach most likely negates any positives, though.