Twitter: Jerry: Probably fair to say Dak is in a slump

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Try to reflect on all your years of playing and coaching…lol. What a joke! Anyone whose played or coached any sport on any level laughs at your post. You may have been at the games viewing the stands. First or second chair?
You were in band.....nothing wrong with that....I appreciate the band and always worked with them....but when you say first and second chair? Yeah, now I get it...my wife and daughter were in band....it's a great thing....post a pic of yourself with your uniform. Thank you, band members work hard, appreciate you...

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yeah, and Dak is purposefully playing poorly and missing throws so we don’t look too good coke playoff time. I mean, who wants to win games and get a #1 seed bye ? :lmao2::lmao:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist AT ALL, but teams (more specifically, QBs) throwing games would be the most effective strategy IF you wanted to go that route for rigging things for your billionaire overlords. And yet poor ol' refs get blamed game after game, lol.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Literally did it 3 hours ago lol.

You coach. You telling me you haven't noticed that the play calling prior to the bye to now is drastically different? I barely see any motion. All I said was they may be playing more vanilla now knowing they are going to the playoffs. The 1 seed is going to be pretty hard to attain, so why not play closer to the vest? I am not saying Dak missing wide open throws is part of that. Just that the play calling has been vastly different. And I get called a conspiracy theorist? lol. This place knows no bounds sometimes.
Something has gone wrong, I think we need Williams back at LG, getting our receivers back to speed and freeing Shultz by using McGovern as an H back will help....my opinion

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry. SHUT UP.

And for those of you claiming he's a good owner/GM, explain this obvious gaffe.
It’s so predictable. He’d rather be in step with the media than his own HC and team.

And fans wonder why I call him our biggest hurdle to overcome.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak definitely needs to play better. He has been saying so himself after every game during this slump.

The question is not whether or not he is in a slump. The question is whether or not Dak will be able to get out of it— and how long it will take him to do so.

IMO— past performance the best indicator of future results. Dak has played much better in the past. He has the physical abilities and talent to do so again.

I think he responds to the criticism and puts together a great performance against NYG on Sun. BUT that actually doesn’t bust the slump. I think he plays great against WFT at home— but that doesn’t do it either.

No— the only thing that will “break the slump” for Dak is quality playoff run. Anything short of that— and he will carry the funk over to next season

starfan1

Reaction score
Dak will have a good game this Sunday and we wont see half these knuckleheads again till he has a bad game. Unless there on here talking about how Dak got better against a bottom feeder. Dak was a bum on Sunday and hasn't been crisp since his injury. i don't think that is the reason necessarily i think there are several reasons but that definitely can be one

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm not a conspiracy theorist AT ALL, but teams (more specifically, QBs) throwing games would be the most effective strategy IF you wanted to go that route for rigging things for your billionaire overlords. And yet poor ol' refs get blamed game after game, lol.

FriendlyMajorDungenesscrab-size_restricted.gif

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I neither a staunch Dak critic or an ardent Dak supporter.

I supported him as the starting quarterback when Romo returned from injury (though I believe, in hindsight, the Cowboys would have at least made it to the NFC Championship Game had Romo regained the starting job).
I have praised him when he has played well and criticized him when he has played poorly.
I have said I believe he's in the mold of Kurt Cousins and Alex Smith. I don't think he is a franchise quarterback. Good, but not franchise.

Having said such, it's hard for me to believe that a quarterback who was playing lights out the first six games of the season suddenly is a turd.
That's just too dramatic of a change.
Usually, a quarterback off the bench may have a good game or a good two games. Then, defensive coordinators catch up with him, and he starts to resemble the backup he is.
But Dak has done it for longer stretches, so he's not simply an average quarterback.
So, something must be up. He hasn't been the same since the Patriots game.
I have to think one of four things:

1. He's really hurt but isn't letting anyone know,
2. Near the middle and the end of the season, good defensive coaches know how to scheme quarterbacks, and Dak's slump is related to defensive game plans which exploit his weaknesses (he really doesn't want to throw interceptions so he takes fewer risks),
3. He's undergoing some mental issues - panicking, not focused because of recent family tragedies, etc., or
4. Kellen Moore's offense is really that predictable, and Dak isn't handling it well or maybe Moore and Dak's tendencies are too transparent to defenses.

Even if he is on a Kurt Cousins level, he should be playing better than he is.

I hope he figures it out. The defense is playing better. If we get the offense from the first six games, we have a pretty good chance of at the very least getting to the NFC Championship Game.

We can't squander this opportunity because, truth be told, better offensive play and we're sitting at no worse than 11-2 and with clear dibs on the No. 1 seed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do have faith in that. I put money on it at the beginning of the year. I also KNEW how much of an impact that Parsons was going to have. The defensive improvements and Dak being who he is is what made me put money down. And I dont think it was a bad bet. Tell me something. The guy that was playing weeks 1-6 you also said was in the ELITE class right? You said it. Whats happening now I have no idea, but I refuse to believe he went from elite to garbage without something happening, and I also refuse to believe that guy at the beginning of the year wont come back. Maybe I am a homer, and a positive person but I also competed in many things and I have had things happen physically and mentally that didnt have me competing at the level I was accustomed to and went into funks. Happens in my job as well (sales). So I have faith he can right the ship. Thats all I am trying to say.
That's fine you are this big positive sunny person. GOOD FOR YOU!

But....at some point...maybe not us...but coaches and Jerry....a business owner/decision maker/DIYer....has to HONESTLY assess the situation and EFFECTIVELY identify problems, issues, potentials too.

As fans....I think our main job is to...cheer on our team. However it's also a birthright :) to assess and critique our team and players. It's even okay to get in minor tiffs about it. Problem here is people get so defensiveness AND offensive about...opinions. To the point you're a hater and POS and not fan.

4-5 years ago it was hard for me to find anything bad to say about Zeke. And in fact it's a little bit rare for me to say anything bad about ANY player or coach. Two people this year and i blasted them! . And none named Dak. Now I still love Zeke but a couple things I'm not a fan of.

I don;t think Dak is playing well...or as good. It's a fair assessment. I don't look at it as "bad" but reality. I still fully support and cheer him on.

I can't figure out why it has to be only ONE way or only the other.

johneric8

Reaction score
John Lennon said it best.. "All I want is some truth"...

Look, the problem with the evaluations of Dak on this forum is in most cases it's too biased.. Yes, my favorite QB is playing poorly right now, but I'm not going to write him off so easily! Most players have injuries, life events, and other things that can contribute to their game suffering so I'm more than happy to give him time to get out of it. To me, this is rational thinking, but when I look at the haters it's almost like their hanging onto the negative to validate as opposed to supporting.

Scenario 1- The Cowboys win the superbowl but the defense is the main reason.. Dak will be labeled a bus driver and given no credit..
Scenario 2- The defense plays great but allows a late touchdown to allow the go ahead score by opposing them.. Dak gets us in field goal
range and we win with seconds left. No credit still right? I mean, he sucked most of the game..
Scenario 3- Dak throws for 400 yards 4 td's and no int's.. Defense sucks allows 40 points and Dak gets all the blame for not being able to win the big one..

Just be glad we have a guy that can win who has many skills, give the man time.. Has anyone thought that maybe he is going through a bad breakup with his girlfriend and this is weighing heavy on him? I think we can all relate to life getting in the way and throwing us off... All I'm saying is it's not time to jump off the bandwagon, the guy is a gamer.