Twitter: Jerry: Probably fair to say Dak is in a slump

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Literally did it 3 hours ago lol.

You coach. You telling me you haven't noticed that the play calling prior to the bye to now is drastically different? I barely see any motion. All I said was they may be playing more vanilla now knowing they are going to the playoffs. The 1 seed is going to be pretty hard to attain, so why not play closer to the vest? I am not saying Dak missing wide open throws is part of that. Just that the play calling has been vastly different. And I get called a conspiracy theorist? lol. This place knows no bounds sometimes.
If you are calling out Dak for "play-calling"...doesn't Kellen do that?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
John Lennon said it best.. "All I want is some truth"...

Look, the problem with the evaluations of Dak on this forum is in most cases it's too biased.. Yes, my favorite QB is playing poorly right now, but I'm not going to write him off so easily! Most players have injuries, life events, and other things that can contribute to their game suffering so I'm more than happy to give him time to get out of it. To me, this is rational thinking, but when I look at the haters it's almost like their hanging onto the negative to validate as opposed to supporting.

Scenario 1- The Cowboys win the superbowl but the defense is the main reason.. Dak will be labeled a bus driver and given no credit..
Scenario 2- The defense plays great but allows a late touchdown to allow the go ahead score by opposing them.. Dak gets us in field goal
range and we win with seconds left. No credit still right? I mean, he sucked most of the game..
Scenario 3- Dak throws for 400 yards 4 td's and no int's.. Defense sucks allows 40 points and Dak gets all the blame for not being able to win the big one..

Just be glad we have a guy that can win who has many skills, give the man time.. Has anyone thought that maybe he is going through a bad breakup with his girlfriend and this is weighing heavy on him? I think we can all relate to life getting in the way and throwing us off... All I'm saying is it's not time to jump off the bandwagon, the guy is a gamer.
Sounds like you just described Romo.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You were in band.....nothing wrong with that....I appreciate the band and always worked with them....but when you say first and second chair? Yeah, now I get it...my wife and daughter were in band....it's a great thing....post a pic of yourself with your uniform. Thank you, band members work hard, appreciate you...
Our band could have easily given the football team a run for their money. We had wrestlers, track, some basketballers in spring band.

We chose band because well....chicks. :thumbup:

stiletto

Reaction score
If Dak doesn't get it figured out before the playoffs he should just retire... seriously. I think the PTSD from his leg injury has caused him to mentally check out.

Which makes absolutely no sense, since he was fine when the season started. Things didn't go south until Tyron went out and some of the other linemen got changed up. I think he is not trusting his protection and has gotten a case of the yips/happy feet/anxiety. Obviously he needs to correct it and it would probably help if the OC called some high %/quick passes to get him more comfortable. He's clearly not comfortable and I don't think it is physical.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
I can't understand how the defenders say he's a top 5, right now he's playing like a player under 20, many are in love with Dak, but why? What has he done? The only awards he has won is in 2017, best offensive rookie of the year and best revelation athlete, after that he has not done anything, that was his climax, when he was being guided by an injured Tony Romo, after From there he has been falling, he has given good numbers but his peak was in 2017 as a rookie, a huge mistake, having given that contract to Dak, if he continues playing like this, forget about reaching the SB, and next year he will It will be a debacle, they will not be able to retain many good players, it warned before signing he, but there they all go saying, pay the man,

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our band could have easily given the football team a run for their money. We had wrestlers, track, some basketballers in spring band.

We chose band because well....chicks. :thumbup:
I allowed my players to play in the band...it was cool to see them out the with their uniforms....I joke about it, but I really respect those kids....they bust their butts and put in a lot of time.....my wife was a drum major and my daughter was a three time state champ on the piano with the Jazz Band....

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak Prescott leading an NFL team to the Super Bowl or the field for the rest of his career?

If you could place that bet there's not a single person here that wouldn't take the field every single time. Because it's easy to blindly support when there's nothing to lose.
YOU’RE STILL GIVING BETTING ADVICE???
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

“DURRRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, YOU GUYS!!”

“DURRRR HEINICKE’S GOING FOR 300 AND 3 TDs, YOU GUYS!!!”

You don’t know football.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

johneric8

Reaction score
Sounds like you just described Romo.
Look, I liked Romo, but if you asked other teams about him they would tell you give him time he will throw up some picks and choke.
I'm sorry, but the absolute truth is Romo was known as a choker around the league, Romo lost respect of fans of other teams as well
because they all knew he would do something very dumb at the worst possible time.. These are facts. Prescott does not face this level
of criticism.

stinkface

Reaction score
I think he is not trusting his protection and has gotten a case of the yips/happy feet/anxiety.

Yepper. See above, two thumbs up.

coult44

Reaction score
Dak is definitely in a slump.

at the same time. I really do wish Jerry could stop saying the opposite of the head coach to the media.
Do you have the same opinions as your supervisor, boss, wife, etc? Ok, now do you know everything they said yesterday on social media or to their co-workers or family? That’s an unrealistic viewpoint

foofighters

Reaction score
Jerry. SHUT UP.

And for those of you claiming he's a good owner/GM, explain this obvious gaffe.

It's what I was trying to explain to @Ranching. Leadership/human performance is something Jerry and his family will never understand. His ego will not allow him to step away from stuff like this.

But hey, he's great. The cowboys are great. I love the ride this year! Thanks Jerry for the record this year, I really do appreciate it!!!

Am I doing that right? I'd hate to get dog piled on...lol.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry is being honest by admitting Dak isn't at its best, even though he hates using the word "slump." The injuries that Dak has sustained surely haven't done him any favors but that's just for starters. The Dallas offense, in general, is in a slump, with a compromised running attack, due to injuries and an OL that's in a troubled state, in terms of their unsteady play lately.

Virtually every member of the OL isn't performing at nearly their normal capabilities. Thankfully, the defense is tending to the team's recent success. The immediate future of the team, as a whole, is in question, however. Dak has also become an easy target for his critics, who delight in blaming him for the troubles of many of his teammates.

Last edited: