Twitter: Jerry: Probably fair to say Dak is in a slump

Qcard

Reaction score
You were in band.....nothing wrong with that....I appreciate the band and always worked with them....but when you say first and second chair? Yeah, now I get it...my wife and daughter were in band....it's a great thing....post a pic of yourself with your uniform. Thank you, band members work hard, appreciate you...
Greatest reply ever....:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Dak Haters are clueless!!

Qcard

Reaction score
John Lennon said it best.. "All I want is some truth"...

Look, the problem with the evaluations of Dak on this forum is in most cases it's too biased.. Yes, my favorite QB is playing poorly right now, but I'm not going to write him off so easily! Most players have injuries, life events, and other things that can contribute to their game suffering so I'm more than happy to give him time to get out of it. To me, this is rational thinking, but when I look at the haters it's almost like their hanging onto the negative to validate as opposed to supporting.

Scenario 1- The Cowboys win the superbowl but the defense is the main reason.. Dak will be labeled a bus driver and given no credit..
Scenario 2- The defense plays great but allows a late touchdown to allow the go ahead score by opposing them.. Dak gets us in field goal
range and we win with seconds left. No credit still right? I mean, he sucked most of the game..
Scenario 3- Dak throws for 400 yards 4 td's and no int's.. Defense sucks allows 40 points and Dak gets all the blame for not being able to win the big one..

Just be glad we have a guy that can win who has many skills, give the man time.. Has anyone thought that maybe he is going through a bad breakup with his girlfriend and this is weighing heavy on him? I think we can all relate to life getting in the way and throwing us off... All I'm saying is it's not time to jump off the bandwagon, the guy is a gamer.
:hammer: Great Post!

Dak Haters will NEVER ACCEPT Dakota Rayne Prescott.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just curious, but do QBs going into 6 game slumps? and what if this lasts another 4 games? Is it a slump or is it who Dak is?

Is Dak going to go into a 6 or 8 game slump every year? How is that different than Tyron Smith getting injured for 3 or 5 games every year?

Dak had a slump in 2019 too. Jerry still paid him $40 million.

johneric8

Reaction score
That is totally incorrect. It's a FACT he wasn't as big a choker as you claim.
Maybe if he had a defense that gives him 14 points and 5 turnovers?
You probably think he "choked" against Peyton and broncos. Very few qbs have ever gone toe to toe with one of Peytons best games. How about a timely defensive stop there?
Romos got great numbers in game winning drives and 4th qtr comebacks, some of the best of his day among very good qbs. You choose to not accept those facts, so not buying your claim about liking him.
Anyway....let's get back to Dak's slump.:)

No it is fact, sorry your wrong... I said around the league he was known for gaffes and this is fact. I know my team as well as anyone and have been visiting other teams forums for 15 years and I can tell you that the fans on other teams always laughed at Romo, and they did it with fervor. It's time you except that at the end of the day, Romo was taken very lightly around the league because of his gun slinging tendencies... I know this to be fact because I hated it when he was labeled like this. Anyone whom is unbiased knows that Romo had this label with fans of other teams.. He basically was not taken very seriously because of his ways.

johneric8

Reaction score
:hammer: Great Post!

Dak Haters will NEVER ACCEPT Dakota Rayne Prescott.
I really don't care that they nut roll, I feel sorry for them that they can't be more positive and look at how good he can be more often than not.. I mean, I watched so many so called elite Qb's look terrible over the last few weeks.. When I'm watching other Qb's like Stafford, Brady, Mahomes, ETC, make horrible throws and interceptions I always wonder if Dak haters even watch other Qb's play? It's sad really..

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Last edited:

NotForLong

Reaction score
John Lennon said it best.. "All I want is some truth"...

Look, the problem with the evaluations of Dak on this forum is in most cases it's too biased.. Yes, my favorite QB is playing poorly right now, but I'm not going to write him off so easily! Most players have injuries, life events, and other things that can contribute to their game suffering so I'm more than happy to give him time to get out of it. To me, this is rational thinking, but when I look at the haters it's almost like their hanging onto the negative to validate as opposed to supporting.

Scenario 1- The Cowboys win the superbowl but the defense is the main reason.. Dak will be labeled a bus driver and given no credit..
Scenario 2- The defense plays great but allows a late touchdown to allow the go ahead score by opposing them.. Dak gets us in field goal
range and we win with seconds left. No credit still right? I mean, he sucked most of the game..
Scenario 3- Dak throws for 400 yards 4 td's and no int's.. Defense sucks allows 40 points and Dak gets all the blame for not being able to win the big one..

Just be glad we have a guy that can win who has many skills, give the man time.. Has anyone thought that maybe he is going through a bad breakup with his girlfriend and this is weighing heavy on him? I think we can all relate to life getting in the way and throwing us off... All I'm saying is it's not time to jump off the bandwagon, the guy is a gamer.
Jerry created this division when He didnt go back to Romo

It made absolutely no sense . yet all you Kool Aid Drinkers kept insisting g it was rhe correct choice.

We all saw a young QB that was doing a great Job filling in . . . But it was the team around Him that carried Him and adding Room would have taken this team to another level

But you all demanded we stay with Dak that the future was bright

Well we all saw this coming a mile away and now your boy has not delivered and now with the defense playing lights out He can barely deliver a W

He is what he is

But dont say anyone is biased in their evaluation because if you still believe in Dak it is you who are extremely self delusional in your evaluation

I mean how many on here were doing an End zone Victory Dance after Dak got signed. . Just to rub it in everyones face. . . People are calling each other out taging them In Their love fest post.

Now you all want to give Him the benefit of the doubt. . . some posts claim He got something going on in his life . . . I haven't heard anything but every body scratching their heads and figure that must be the problem.

Any way Dak aint gonna be able to last long if He Don t turn this thing around . . . because i know Micah aint excepting nothning but the Best effort

NO EXCUSES

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it is fact, sorry your wrong... I said around the league he was known for gaffes and this is fact. I know my team as well as anyone and have been visiting other teams forums for 15 years and I can tell you that the fans on other teams always laughed at Romo, and they did it with fervor. It's time you except that at the end of the day, Romo was taken very lightly around the league because of his gun slinging tendencies... I know this to be fact because I hated it when he was labeled like this. Anyone whom is unbiased knows that Romo had this label with fans of other teams.. He basically was not taken very seriously because of his ways.
Oh....when you said "other teams"....it was other " teams fan message boards"...lol....okay. hilarious....good one!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Undermining your staff/players unnecessarily. There is absolutely no reason to spew this. Self aggrandizement.
Meh, pretty mild statement. Especially if he was specifically asked if he thought Dak was in a slump. I would have said "hell yes! Have you been watching?!"

johneric8

Reaction score

It made absolutely no sense . yet all you Kool Aid Drinkers kept insisting g it was rhe correct choice.

We all saw a young QB that was doing a great Job filling in . . . But it was the team around Him that carried Him and adding Room would have taken this team to another level

Well we all saw this coming a mile away and now your boy has not delivered and now with the defense playing lights out He can barely deliver a W

He is what he is

But dont say anyone is biased in their evaluation because if you still believe in Dak it is you who are extremely self delusional in your evaluation

I mean how many on here were doing an End zone Victory Dance after Dak got signed. . Just to rub it in everyones face. . . People are calling each other out taging them In Their love fest post.

Now you all want to give Him the benefit of the doubt. . . some posts claim He got something going on in his life . . . I haven't heard anything but every body scratching their heads and figure that must be the problem.

Any way Dak aint gonna be able to last long if He Don t turn this thing around . . . because i know Micah aint excepting nothning but the Best effort

NO EXCUSES
:facepalm:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OMG Jerry says Raynes in a Slump.......

bats-major-league.gif

phildadon86

Reaction score

He is what he is

NO EXCUSES
How can you start a statement the way you did and then say it isnt biased? lol.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Dak is definitely in a slump.

at the same time. I really do wish Jerry could stop saying the opposite of the head coach to the media.

This is what I was thinking. Why undermine the headcoach? That's simply bad politics and stupid. Damnit Jerry, how about some coordination with your staff before opening your mouth? :mad:

starfan1

Reaction score

He is what he is

NO EXCUSES
el torro poo poo there was division before 2016. we were torn on Romo for many years because he choked or his team choked rather and by the time we weren't torn on him ole Brokeback couldn't stay healthy. when Jerry made that decision yes it further divided as there were folks that thought Tony was a better option and had this sentimental attachment that they wanted him to be the one to go for the ring and others that saw 11 in a row from a promising young star

Ill stand by i felt it was the absolute right decision then and now. But I am at the point where Im in show me mode. I know you can do it but get it done

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Dak has the skills. We saw those skills the first half of the season. He CAN play big league ball. He made pro bowl throws, over and over each game. To say he never had it, or could is a lie. What’s going on with Dak now? He’s changed Just slightly in his approach to the game. And when you’re playing at the NFL all it takes is a slight shift. And that’s like shift? Is mental. Here’s the difference. He’s hesitating for just a half second after making his reads. The first half of the season, he would make his first second or third read and there was no hesitation. Out came the ball. Tights throws, timing throws, he had them all. Now he’s hesitating for some reason. Some reason mentally. And when you hesitate what’s left for you is a check down throw. This is what he’s resorted back to. Ultra safe, Second guessing himself, then checking it down.

Here’s the thing with check down throwing. Every quarterback in the NFL does it. Brady is a master at it. The difference is a quarterback like Tom Brady doesn’t go into slumps and you have to respect the entire field. So even when he checks down, a check down throw can turn into a big play.. When Dak is in the current state he is in, defenses don’t respect him. They will play the check down the throw. They are waiting for it. And that’s what you’re seeing now. That’s what you saw in the New Orleans game and that’s what you saw last week in Washington.

will he find his game again? We will find out soon enough,