Jerry Rice: Garoppolo Better Than Dak

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah but let's talk about 2015.....Romo goes down and that team couldn't win A GAME. I believe they went 4-12 which is how we even got Zeke to begin with. That does not sound like a talented team. Granted, you expect a drop off from Romo to guys like Cassell and Weeden......but not to the point they can't beat ANYONE.

2018.....Cooper sucked prior to coming to Dallas. That was how we got him. Because he had stunk. He and Dak are the ones that had chemistry together.

The talented is overrated. Its not to say they don't have any talent but to pretend like other teams don't have talent just as good or better is why I say its overrated.

Cooper was a Pro Bowl WR in Oakland top 5 pick, and very young. He's still only like 25 or 26.

His problem, as we've seen here, is he gets sulky.

Dak just provided a high floor at the QB position. Please don't tell me you think he's out there making guys better? lol

You want to take a go at Cowboys fans for overrating their talent, when everyone outside of Dallas does it, then tell me it's Dak elevating them because Brandon Weeden sucked.. Please.

conner01

Reaction score
To be fair, Dak accumulated most of his numbers against trash teams.

We all watched the same games last year... its hard to deny
Look at every QB in the league and you see the same thing
Not a surprise that it’s easy to put up good numbers against bad teams, for anyone

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
YAC yards typically come from timing, throwing recievers open, picking the correct target and hitting them in stride.
Well no. But especially not when you're racking that up in the screen game. When you have the third-worst depth of target in the league, and the most YAC, it is entirely a product of the scheme.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Not arguing in favor of JG, but it does depend on who your WRs are and the type of offense you are asked to run.
Ok sure. But the point is that Dak could go into Jimmy's offense and doing the same thing. Doesn't work the other way around, because Jimmy hasn't shown any ability to throw downfield into tighter windows.

shabazz

Reaction score
can't agree with this. lamar jackson, deshaun watson, tyler murray, to name a few aren't overhyped. same for dak.:)

I wouldn’t give all 4 of those up for an Elway,Marino, or Kelly but I respect your opinion

But Kyler Murray? really?......at least Rayne has put in 4 years of mediocrity unlike Sir Murray

Tommy

Reaction score
Get the hell out of here. Dak is FAR better than Jimmy G, if you think otherwise you don’t understand what you’re watching on tv. Jimmy the ultimate bus driver
There is nothing more annoying than former players like Jerry Rice talking like they know more about football than internet fans. He’s just embarrassing himself.

Reaction score
They're both second tier and they both come up short,,, sounds pretty even to me. Garapollo has had the advantage of a stellar defense, Dak has had the advantage of better offensive talent around him. Have they hit their respective ceilings? Don't know.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cooper was a Pro Bowl WR in Oakland top 5 pick, and very young. He's still only like 25 or 26.

His problem, as we've seen here, is he gets sulky.

Dak just provided a high floor at the QB position. Please don't tell me you think he's out there making guys better? lol

You want to take a go at Cowboys fans for overrating their talent, when everyone outside of Dallas does it, then tell me it's Dak elevating them because Brandon Weeden sucked.. Please.
It doesn’t erase the fact that Cooper sucked when he got here. The Cowboys took a huge risk trading for him and no one else offered a first but the Cowboys.

And you tell me if Dak is making guys better. Randall Cobb sucked prior to coming here and has his best season in years despite being a number 3. He also wanted to come here to play with Dak.

Cooper sucked in Oakland prior to coming to Dallas..comes to Dallas and is one of the best receivers in the league on arrival.

Michae Gallup was a 3rd round pick....turned in 1k yard season.

They fired Garrett and the receivers coach.

You tell me what Dak is doing.......

I never said other teams didn’t overrate their talent. I think every team and fans think they have talent....doesn’t mean they are correct.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dalton could get similar results yes..

He could've easily carried us to 8-8 just like Dak did last year.

It's ok.. You're a biased Cowboy fan. I understand your opinion because of the environment we post in.
What’s daltons playoff record again? And I’m the biased one.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
can't agree with this. lamar jackson, deshaun watson, tyler murray, to name a few aren't overhyped. same for dak.:)
I think the boomers don't like them because they aren't the typical drop back passers.

This is some of the best young quarterback talent I've seen in a long time. There was a time when Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb were considered the best quarterbacks in the league. Vick as well. Lamar is what we thought Vick's ceiling was.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is nothing more annoying than former players like Jerry Rice talking like they know more about football than internet fans. He’s just embarrassing himself.

There’s nothing more embarrassing than internet fans not using their God given gift of common sense and applying logic. Maybe just MAYBE a HOF WR that played most of his career with a certain team will hype up the qb of said team?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think the boomers don't like them because they aren't the typical drop back passers.

This is some of the best young quarterback talent I've seen in a long time. There was a time when Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb were considered the best quarterbacks in the league. Vick as well. Lamar is what we thought Vick's ceiling was.

I'm a millennial. An old millennial but still a millennial none the less.

Lamar will be as good as long as he can run because his ability to run forces defenses to matchup on his wideouts a specific way that is easier for them to get open.

Guys like him though usually start taking hits and start trying to play from the pocket more and have short careers.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak has ALWAYS had great weapons...and has slowly been getting even more. If you think he could walk into any team and have the same success you are kidding yourself.

I don;t expect Dak to become a "running QB". But I do expect him to take better advantage of running into wide open spaces. Not recklessly but with care. The D will only take so much of that before they have to play the field. It would only benefit Dak. Don't try to be a hero and rack up yards like Lamar. Just make them pay a little bit here and there.
2016...witten and bryant weren't great weapons, both towards the end of their careers, us wanting to replace witten for years. Bryant, often injured and not effective....2017 spelled his doom, since he struggled to get any separation. witten was just slow as molasses and the second WRs were Brice Butler (woohoo) and Ryan switzer.....2018 we started with allen Hurns (woohoo) and rookie Gallup. swaim was the TE....when we got cooper in the second half, things took off and he was leading passer and led us to playoffs.

if you think any QB can have success, without talent around them, then you are kidding yourself. all the gret QBs everyone speaks of is always surronded with a bunch of all pros and probowlers (except maybe Rodgers, but he is a sure bet HOfer). even Brady had some great recieving threats. same with Brees.

and I am with you, if opportunity is there to run, get a crucial first down, make a play (like he did against seattle in the playoffs), then defintley go for it, but I don't want too many design QB run plays....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm a millennial. An old millennial but still a millennial none the less.

Lamar will be as good as long as he can run because his ability to run forces defenses to matchup on his wideouts a specific way that is easier for them to get open.

Guys like him though usually start taking hits and start trying to play from the pocket more and have short careers.
Aye when he starts to suck I'll gladly say it. But I can't keep talking about when or if when it comes to him. He's defied all odds. He came into the league and was called a "running back" or "receiver". His quarterbacking was immediately dismissed. He's played well.