Jerry said he would pay anything for another SB so why not Hopkins?

Kwyn

Reaction score
There is a tiny fraction of people who post here that actually understand the full scope of going “all in” and what that would look like and the impact of those decisions.

Spend every penny hur dur doesn’t really mean what they think it means.

cristglo

Reaction score
The idea of signing DHop is a Pure fantasy/Madden dreams with no consequences.
Do you want to spend 15+mil for another #1 You got Cee Dee and Cooks.
We will have 20mil but TC hasn't even started.
What happens if we have an injury and we need to sign someone?
Not only that Cuts will be coming sure would be nice if we could pick up another OL, RB CB.
As one poster has mentioned we need to sign our Own and that should take priority.
It amazes me how easy it is when players get cut for someone to say WE need him.
Go ahead and buy that case of beer when you need to buy groceries for your own kids to eat. LOL

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Jerry said he would pay anything for another SB​

Any particular reason you might believe this?
I don't recall him saying he would "pay" anything, I think it was he would "do" anything. Not a single person believed him when he said it. Why? Because doing anything includes bringing in a real GM and will all know that will never happen while he is still alive.

Jarntt

Reaction score
When is this team gaining to go all in? Hopkins would do it and we would have the most firepower in the league.
Paying $15M plus per year to go 4 deep at WR isn't what I would view as the best way to win a SB. If you want to go all in, bring in a top starter at a position we need to strengthen. At this point it would likely be via trade now or at the trade deadline

Jipper

Reaction score
Maybe the whispers around the league about Hopkins ability to run have more merit than we know….maybe he’s not worth the contract he wants…

CCBoy

Reaction score
Because he means literally write the check and get the ring lol
I think this is close to where the inmates attempt to run the cell blocks...in less of building team chemistry not as a mad scientist, but committed to that team beyond receipt of his first check in Dallas.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry said he would pay anything for another SB so why not Hopkins?​

Remember when Jerry Jones told Howie Long, Curt Menefee, Michael Strahan, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, Jimmy Johnson and 7.3 million FOX television viewers that he would induct Johnson into the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Remember when Jerry Jones told Howie Long, Curt Menefee, Michael Strahan, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, Jimmy Johnson and 7.3 million FOX television viewers that he would induct Johnson into the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Jerry owes respect for Jimmy getting him first on the map for location. He also deserves to choose when after dis loyalty to the owner and players just prior to the Super Bowl. I wouldn't go out of my way for an obvious lack of integrity and ethics.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry lies. SB isn't the goal. He's ok if it happens but his goal is really to stay relevant which means simply making the playoffs. The bar might be to get past the wildcard round but he wouldn't even have to fire Mike he would let the contract run out at worst. They will never go all in because if they won a SB then have a down year or to to recover that is too much of a toll they refuse to deal with.
The roster already has 3 wide receivers that have had 1000+ receiving seasons outside of injuries.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Jerry said he would pay anything for another SB​

Any particular reason you might believe this?
Have to see what hes saying…..VERY big difference

Jerry didn’t say he‘d pay any amount for a possible outside chance at maybe winning a Super Bowl

he said he’d pay anything to WIN a Super Bowl…..as in, for sure win it

The first carries big risk, the second carries no risk

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry owes respect for Jimmy getting him first on the map for location. He also deserves to choose when after dis loyalty to the owner and players just prior to the Super Bowl. I wouldn't go out of my way for an obvious lack of integrity and ethics.
o7DccCz.png

lol.