Jerry said, "I would do anything to win another Super Bowl"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'll tell you this much. If any owner admits that they're in the business to make money first, I will be done with professional sports. At that point it will become nothing more than the same kind of entertainment that wrestling provides. And I hate wrestling due to its fakeness.
It’s only natural….no billionaire is in the business of going broke. To me it makes far more sense for a owner to hire a a football mind and let them run their team accordingly…just sit back and collect money buy Jerry treats the Cowboys as a business and he has his hands in all of his businesss.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Except hiring a real GM to build a team, stop surrounding himself with "yes men", get your family and buddies out of FO positions, holding on to guys (Garrett) way too long because you like them as buddies, and prioritizing winning over money.

Nobody is falling for your crocodile tears, Jerry. Everyone knows that the failures of the past quarter of a century falls squarely on your shoulder.

I fear as long as the Dallas Cowboys is the most valuable sports franchise in the world the Jones family won't lose any sleep over never winning anything.
Makes me think of that old Meatloaf song: "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that".

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I live in NE and was at Patriot Place 2 weeks ago and could be a Pats fan but nope I remain loyal to the only team I've rooted for since I was a little kid. Jerry is a great seller of the brand and has helped shepherd in the league a new era in NFL football economics and other league matters. But as GM of the Cowboys he never should have been. But if the Cowboys end up winning it all in Jerry Jones lifetime then he may be fulfilled and forgiven just as Bill Buckner was in Boston when the curse of the Bambino was lifted. But still a lot of wasted years that could of been very different had only more astute and qualified football people had been hired over that same time to run this Cowboys football club. I was very spoiled with the last regime of Landry and company.
I was just at patriots Place myself. Imagine,probably ran into you and didn’t know it.

plasticman

Reaction score
Jerry hired a GM that's only available to do the job part time because said GM already has a full time job as the OWNER.

You also have to consider his other 3 part time jobs as Marketing Executive, Commercials Superstar, and AT&T Stadium Leasing Agent.

He'd do anything? How about nothing? Just do nothing. Let a different person do anything.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I was just at patriots Place myself. Imagine,probably ran into you and didn’t know it.

No kidding. Had lunch with the family at Six String on that day, Those drum lights are pretty cool but I must say I've eaten better food than the chicken and gravy with biscuits that they served.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't think it's complicated. Jerry loves doing things the way he's doing them. The only thing that could make it better, for him, is to win another SB.

Good thought.

But we don't really know....

lukin2006

Reaction score
Then fire your son and quit and hire a real GM. So the answer is NO, he will not do what it takes to win a super bowl...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Then fire your son and quit and hire a real GM. So the answer is NO, he will not do what it takes to win a super bowl...

It's complicated.

5haeyx.jpg

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Anything?

Good. Sell the team, leave the Dallas Cowboys in good hands. Someone else's hands.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Maybe he’s Dan Snyder with a better team brand.

I would say he's better than Dan Snyder, not out of any great merit, but only because Snyder is the very worst of the worst. Jerry does occasionally show some smarts, like when he passed on Manziel and concentrated on building the O-line instead. Sometimes he actually makes good moves.

Adreme

Reaction score
The thing people in this thread do not get is that to Jerry if he is not the GM he is not the one winning a Super Bowl someone else is winning it for him. When he says he will do anything to win another Super Bowl he means for him to win the Super Bowl not for someone else to win it in his name.