Jerry says today "We will welcome back Pacman Jones"

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2416649 said:
Yeah, I heard that, too. Said this is just Jerry sounding benevolent because he knows Pac won't be back anyway.

I hope so, because I agree with IR. People say to just bring him back, what does it hurt... Well, it does hurt. It takes reps from these young corners who need them. It also brings more distraction and media circus that this team doesn't need.

Hopefully JFE is right.

I hope he isnt allowed back either. Because our stupid coaching staff will put him right back out there no matter how many times he gets beat. I think it was Campo who said back during TC or earlier in the offseason that Jones never looked like he was ready to be a starter again, pretty prophetic. He looked pretty bad.

BHendri5

Reaction score
He was not getting beat beat like a drum, you have him mistaken with Henry and Newman

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
None of this matters, most likely, cause Goodell is likely going to keep him suspended for the year.

Either way while I don't want him here, like I didn't to begin with, if he gets let back in, and Jerry in fact lets him comeback as he says, I'll be rooting for him to do well on Sundays. I don't have a say in who plays here so theres no reason for me to get all upset about it either way.

jimmy40

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2416732 said:
Either way while I don't want him here, like I didn't to begin with, if he gets let back in, and Jerry in fact lets him comeback as he says, I'll be rooting for him to do well on Sundays.
The problem is we have to worry about him Monday through Saturday nights.

ddh33

Reaction score
I don't think he's coming back for while - if ever. I think this is Jerry getting to sound like a really nice guy.

If it ever does get to a point where Pacman is reinstated, I would just as soon he not be a Cowboy.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I have no problem with Pacman Jones being back on the roster.

I was in the minority, but I felt this latest infraction was not a very big deal, given the other things the guy has been involved in.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
If he is not reinstated, it will show that Goodell has it in for him. That is not to say I want him back but there is no reason not to reinstate him.

jimmy40

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2416765 said:
If he is not reinstated, it will show that Goodell has it in for him. That is not to say I want him back but there is no reason not to reinstate him.
except for the fact that he hasn't proven he can stay out of trouble yet, unless not getting thrown out of rehab means something.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2416414 said:
At least that's what 103.3 is reporting Jerry said today -- that if Adam does all the things the commissioner wants and is reinstated, he'll be more than welcome at Valley Ranch.

Even from Jerry, this surprises me. Why do we want or need this guy? You couldn't ask for more from our two rookie corners, and Newman is coming back. Even Alan Ball played well in his one opportunity. Beyond the obvious embarrassment and bad publicity he creates, why do we even need him on the field?

BTW, Mosley says there's not one coach who agrees with Jerry on this.

Clever Sig Dude!

juck

Reaction score
Pac will be starting alongside Newman soon.Pac is the second best cb on our team,Hate him or not he is.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2416765 said:
No it doesn't. He made an agreement with Goodell, and then he broke it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if he's not reinstated. That's assuming he's doing everything he's supposed to be doing in rehab and he's acting like he's even starting to get it.

This isn't a thing about Jerry's feelings etc. This is Goodell trying to protect the NFL's image and at the same time helping the players. The suspension and rehab were in the best interest of AJ. He's needs to get it. It often takes addicts awhile to get it. This was a serious kick in the teeth which he needed.

Companies and corporations have programs for people like AJ. The NFL is no different.

Some of you are unreasonable to put it nicely when it comes to someone making a living and keeping their job. Thank goodness more enlightened people are making the decisions. Some of you are truly barbaric. Is it so difficult to want someone to succeed. If you can't answer that in the affirmative then perhaps you need to reaccess your ability to be a social creature.

Sorry, but that's as nice as I'll put it.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
jobberone;2416934 said:
This was a serious kick in the teeth which he needed.
I would've thought that whole suspended for a year thing would've gotten his attention.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Pacman has too much scrutiny. There are players out there doing much worse, but settling out of court or haven't been tried by the court of BSPN. Pacman is a cowboy and should be welcome back.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
maybe for Jerry, this is more than just about football. I think it is a human thing for him.

he has stood by several players, including one of his favorites, The Playmaker.

Just think how good Jerry looks if he can help Pac Man straighten himself out off the field, even if Pac never amounts to anything else on the field. While everyone else is closing their doors or turning their backs to Pac, Jerry welcomes him with open arms.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
thewireman;2416437 said:
They also said Jerry had a catered cart near the practice field for the sponsors to eat and watch practice. Is this standard for any team or is it a Jerry Jones thing

That's a business man comping his clients who give him big bucks through their sponsoring partnership. You're talking about 10's of millions of $'s, why wouldn't he?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Let's see...when Jerry did nothing to punish Pacman, waiting for the Commish to do so, he got blasted by the media and the fans...........until everyone learned that it was all about draft picks, that we would have lost the draft picks from the trade had we suspended him ourselves.

Now Jerry says we'd welcome Pacman back, and he gets the same beatdown...you'd think people would have learned that maybe there's more to this than what we see on the surface.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It really comes down to whether pacman has the ability and discipline and will to stay out of trouble. so far he really has not shown that.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2416625 said:
if it positively gets Henry off the field, I'm all for it

That should have already happened with Jenkins IMO. I think Jenkins played as well as Pacman on the Corner.

Pacman is a penalty waiting to happen on punt returns.

but, I am indifferent if 1) the coaches want him back and 2)he is not a locker room problem

jimmy40

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2417016 said:
I would've thought that whole suspended for a year thing would've gotten his attention.
Well that's just barbaric.