Jerry should not forget the Giants last Possession

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well my thought was a receiver in the 4th since in this scenario we would have 3 picks in the 4th. Wilson is much better than Tonga, in my opinion. Plus like you said you can find receivers later. Either way the team would be much better

Ah, good point, so yeah, that works! I like it. Ironically, there's a WR by the name of Warren Stewart that I like who is from Colorado State. He's 6'6 and weighs 206 lbs. According to Walter Football, his projected 40 time is 4.59. We will see where he goes in the combine, but I like his size and weight. I think he's a perfect replacement for Gallup. Massive WR for jump ball situations. Here's a video I found of him from 2019:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Ah, good point, so yeah, that works! I like it. Ironically, there's a WR by the name of Warren Stewart that I like who is from Colorado State. He's 6'6 and weighs 206 lbs. According to Walter Football, his projected 40 time is 4.59. We will see where he goes in the combine, but I like his size and weight. I think he's a perfect replacement for Gallup. Massive WR for jump ball situations. Here's a video I found of him from 2019:

6'6 is massive

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You really don't see receivers his height. Even though 4.59 isn't considered fast, at 6'6 it's moving

Well, I figured that his height is where Stewart would be at his best. We could use someone who can go up and get contested balls. And that's his projected time mind you. We will know in a few months his actual 40 time.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
NO, I get it, just laughing at the rational and conclusion. IF you think half defense needs to be replaced, which they do, then obviously you think the talent sucks, which it does.

But then you come to the strange conclusion that its the coaches fault. When he wasnt even the guy that had anything to do with the pile of garbage he was coaching. Heck, they werent even close to the right type of personnel for his scheme. Then of course he had all of 3 weeks to install it with no preseason. Then all the injuries happened.

But buy all means, its Nolans fault. LOL

And that run at the end of the season where the defense turned it around and was creating lots of turnovers, does he get credit for that or he just sucks?

Get rid of Nolan all they want, I have no loyalties. But to say its Nolans fault is really just a exercise in the ridiculous.

Defense with way less injuries? Are you joking? Thats a laugh. Defense was decimated by injuries.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and drawing the wrong conclusion because of it.
You have serious comprehension issues and your arrogant. Good luck with that!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Half of this defense are now free agents. Getting rid of the remaining starters and little cap money who do you think were replacing them with? Worse players who couldn't make another team? Even if we draft all defense this year we'll be lucky to come out with 3 above average starters with another 1-2 guys starting because we have no other choice. They better find some cheap George Selvie type guys quick.
We are going to need to draft almost all D and draft well. We’ll need a couple defensive Free Agents to pan out, and we may need to trade some of our offensive talent for defensive help( possibly trade Gallop or 1 of our TE’s).

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Everyone in the stadium, and watching at home, knew Jason Garrett, and the Giants were going to run the ball.

They did exactly that!

They ran the ball right down our throats for a first down in only 2 plays to end the game!

Blow this defense up! Get rid of half the starters and NOLAN!

Please don’t mention the turnovers this putrid defense was mostly gifted over the last 4 weeks.

You just proved that all you really know is how to whine but nothing about everything having to do with every NFL team. With the cap going to be smaller for the 2021 season your less than bright idea is to shrink it further by getting rid of half the starters which, are you ready for this, will add a ton of dead money on the already shrunken cap.make even less available cap space to do anything with. I thank God that people like you have nothing to do with the Cowboys.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
We are going to need to draft almost all D and draft well. We’ll need a couple defensive Free Agents to pan out, and we may need to trade some of our offensive talent for defensive help( possibly trade Gallop or 1 of our TE’s).

I know this is going to shock you but teams try REALLY hard to get good players and hopefully also get some good depth in as many positions that they can. Then comes fans like you who as soon as the Cowboys get some good players and some depth, the first thing they want to do is trade away that talent and depth making positions weaker. Now lets see you want to trade a good player and use that draft pick to draft a defensive player and that defensive player is going to cure all the problems the defense has AND doing this has made a strong position weaker that means the Cowboys will have to use a lesser player to fill that or use another draft pick to get a player as good as who they just traded away. I've told you this before, I pray to God and am so happy you have nothing to do with the Cowboys.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are no Javon Kinlaw's in this draft. There are a few prospects in the middle rounds, but unsure how good they will be.

Defensive Tackle needs to be the Top Priority for Dallas this offseason.

Looking through draft boards, it all looked like poor fit for us in the first round. Just nothing for DT.

Tradedown and get more picks for defense. Would like to get a real impact player at a high value position high, but I don't see a fit with what we need. Heard it's not a great LT class either.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Gallup on his Pro Day had a 4.45 40 and one of his pluses is the deep ball. For Stewart I don't think at 4.59 he's going to get to far away from defenders. Now he may be able to out jump him but if he's closely guarded the QB isn't going to throw at him anyways and chance it. Lastly I'm totally against trading away a starter and making one position weaker to try and make another stronger. Teams try way to hard to get the best players they can and get good depth at as many positions as they can to then start trading that strength away.

Jipper

Reaction score
At Jerry’s age he probably can’t remember what he had for breakfast...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You have serious comprehension issues and your arrogant. Good luck with that!

Oooh what a comeback!

And the way you intelligently disproved my factual response was something to behold. :muttley::muttley::muttley:

And luck has nothing to do with it. :thumbup:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Gallup on his Pro Day had a 4.45 40 and one of his pluses is the deep ball. For Stewart I don't think at 4.59 he's going to get to far away from defenders. Now he may be able to out jump him but if he's closely guarded the QB isn't going to throw at him anyways and chance it. Lastly I'm totally against trading away a starter and making one position weaker to try and make another stronger. Teams try way to hard to get the best players they can and get good depth at as many positions as they can to then start trading that strength away.

Keep in mind, the 40 time shown is a projected time. Not official. Plenty of time between now and the combine. Still, who knew that Gallup would be as good as he is as a 3rd rounder? You can find WR in the midrounds. Normally I'd agree with you. But in this, we need defence in the worst way, and WR is a bit easier to replace than other positions. Also, Gallup's contract is up after this upcoming season. So,I'd be heading off the need to resign him or lose him to FA.