Jerry should not forget the Giants last Possession

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
King and Williams will be expensive but I like the idea of King. McCarthy should have an advantage since he drafted him.

In this case you wouldn't be able to resign Awuzie or Lewis. I'm ok with that

I'm not planning on resigning Awuzie or Lewis. I'd be fine with keeping Awuzie if possible, but I'm not going to break the bank for him. Lewis can hit the bricks. Especially after his idiotic play that gave the Giants a first down and laughed about it. In fact, if signing Williams and King means giving both of them up, I'm doing it. It's worth it. I'd keep Dak for sure at all costs. But, after the deal is done, I'd do what I can to try to bring in Williams and King. If I can only get one, I'd probably go with King. I pounded the table on the old site for King when he was coming out to be drafted. I'd love for another bite at the apple there. Especially with us having his old coach.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'm not planning on resigning Awuzie or Lewis. I'd be fine with keeping Awuzie if possible, but I'm not going to break the bank for him. Lewis can hit the bricks. Especially after his idiotic play that gave the Giants a first down and laughed about it. In fact, if signing Williams and King means giving both of them up, I'm doing it. It's worth it. I'd keep Dak for sure at all costs. But, after the deal is done, I'd do what I can to try to bring in Williams and King. If I can only get one, I'd probably go with King. I pounded the table on the old site for King when he was coming out to be drafted. I'd love for another bite at the apple there. Especially with us having his old coach.
I'm all for whatever makes this defense better

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm all for whatever makes this defense better

Same. This defence needs all the help that it can get. Getting King and Williams fixes 2 huge holes. I would also consider looking into a few trades on offense. As much as I love seeing Coop, Gallup, and Lamb, I'd consider shopping Coop or Gallup. I'd have an asking price of at least a 1 for each of them. This allows us a few benefits. 1. It clears cap space to bring in King and Williams). 2. It gives us the option to get maybe 2 monster defencive players in the first round. 3. If somehow Devontae Smith from Alabama falls to us at 10, maybe we can use that on him and use the other first on one of the LBs you talked about depending on where in the first we would be for the other traded player. I could see a team like Miami striking for a player like Coop or Gallup to help out Tua. They have 2 firsts, and they may consider using their second first round pick on Gallup or Coop. I'd hate to see him go, but for the 10th and 18th overall pick, it'd be worth it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Same. This defence needs all the help that it can get. Getting King and Williams fixes 2 huge holes. I would also consider looking into a few trades on offense. As much as I love seeing Coop, Gallup, and Lamb, I'd consider shopping Coop or Gallup. I'd have an asking price of at least a 1 for each of them. This allows us a few benefits. 1. It clears cap space to bring in King and Williams). 2. It gives us the option to get maybe 2 monster defencive players in the first round. 3. If somehow Devontae Smith from Alabama falls to us at 10, maybe we can use that on him and use the other first on one of the LBs you talked about depending on where in the first we would be for the other traded player. I could see a team like Miami striking for a player like Coop or Gallup to help out Tua. They have 2 firsts, and they may consider using their second first round pick on Gallup or Coop. I'd hate to see him go, but for the 10th and 18th overall pick, it'd be worth it.
I have Smith has my highest rated WR. I like Gallup a ton but I understand trading him in his last year of his rookie deal. Washington really wanted Cooper and was willing to pay more then Dallas. I could absolutely see them giving up a first and even more to get him. Problem with that is taking him up with scary Terry would give Washington an offense.

Trading Gallup doesn't really free up money but trading Cooper does....I believe

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have Smith has my highest rated WR. I like Gallup a ton but I understand trading him in his last year of his rookie deal. Washington really wanted Cooper and was willing to pay more then Dallas. I could absolutely see them giving up a first and even more to get him. Problem with that is taking him up with scary Terry would give Washington an offense.

Trading Gallup doesn't really free up money but trading Cooper does....I believe

Oh, I wouldn't give Coop to Washington at all. However, I could see a team like the Patriots giving up a first for Coop. They have no WRs, and I expect them to go for Stafford in the offseason to try to sign him. To make the move more enticing, I think they may go for a first for Coop. I hate trading with the Pats, but this is a move that I think would benefit us.

As for Gallup, it may not free up money, but it opens the door for more options for us. Like I said, it'd give us the freedom to go for Smith and pair him with Coop (if we don't trade him) and Lamb. Plus, it helps us with our future contracts. It means one less player we have to worry about using cap on. Thus making a move on those two more feasible. Not to mention a higher cap next year. So, it wouldn't free up money immediately this year, but it's a gambit to be able to spend a bit more in FA than we would've knowing we won't have to worry about Gallup. Additionally, I think we could gin up a lot of interest in Gallup, especially if the Chargers hire Jason Garrett as their HC. Think Garrett wouldn't try to bid at least a first for his old WR to pair with Herbert? I think the Chargers, Dolphins, Raiders, and I'd even put the Patriots here as teams that'd bid a 1 for Gallup. Imagine if we could get say a 1 and a 4 for Gallup from one of them as the best offer.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Oh, I wouldn't give Coop to Washington at all. However, I could see a team like the Patriots giving up a first for Coop. They have no WRs, and I expect them to go for Stafford in the offseason to try to sign him. To make the move more enticing, I think they may go for a first for Coop. I hate trading with the Pats, but this is a move that I think would benefit us.

As for Gallup, it may not free up money, but it opens the door for more options for us. Like I said, it'd give us the freedom to go for Smith and pair him with Coop (if we don't trade him) and Lamb. Plus, it helps us with our future contracts. It means one less player we have to worry about using cap on. Thus making a move on those two more feasible. Not to mention a higher cap next year. So, it wouldn't free up money immediately this year, but it's a gambit to be able to spend a bit more in FA than we would've knowing we won't have to worry about Gallup. Additionally, I think we could gin up a lot of interest in Gallup, especially if the Chargers hire Jason Garrett as their HC. Think Garrett wouldn't try to bid at least a first for his old WR to pair with Herbert? I think the Chargers, Dolphins, Raiders, and I'd even put the Patriots here as teams that'd bid a 1 for Gallup. Imagine if we could get say a 1 and a 4 for Gallup from one of them as the best offer.
I understand the thought process of trading Gallup and how the money will be spent elsewhere.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't think you rule almost anything out to get better.
All that said taking guys who are really good players to replace them with guys who are unlikely to be as good and need a couple years to hit their peak seems to be an ineffective way to go about getting better.

Now a trade of Gallup and R3 for Quinnen Williams?
That's getting better.

Draftniks fall in love with kids in the draft class and most are nearly worthless as a rookie and many are simply never very good.

Amari Cooper is probably better than any WR in R1 of this draft class will be in the next 2-3 years.
He's a top 10 WR overall and those are hard to find. ((I love Chase and Smith as prospects too but guys get injured and have issues))

So basically unless you view this team as a 6-10 team there's zero reason to trade off proven vets for draft shots.
You are going to end up with 9 or 10 draft picks as is when Comps are awarded.

But you can do what Dallas did when they drafted Travis Frederick. You can drop if you need to a spot where you feel better about the value to fill a need.
Offensive players the top 5 guys on your draft board? Drop 7-8 slots. See a guy you like falling? Go up and get him.

Teams like BAL and PITT are always good on defense because they rate those positions higher.
They select guys that feel like reaches then 2-3 years later those guys are making pro bowls.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I understand the thought process of trading Gallup and how the money will be spent elsewhere.

Yup, so, that would be good. And then using our FAs for quality vs the quantity that we've employed in the past would help too. I don't want us signing 10 rubbish second wave FAs. I just want a few quality FAs, and let the draft fill the rest. Jerry had the Star built. It's a beautiful place. Now is the time for him to cash it in (which he can do at any time and as much as he wants). Use it to show off to attractive top tier FAs that we need to attract them to us. Don't let them leave the building without a contract.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yup, so, that would be good. And then using our FAs for quality vs the quantity that we've employed in the past would help too. I don't want us signing 10 rubbish second wave FAs. I just want a few quality FAs, and let the draft fill the rest. Jerry had the Star built. It's a beautiful place. Now is the time for him to cash it in (which he can do at any time and as much as he wants). Use it to show off to attractive top tier FAs that we need to attract them to us. Don't let them leave the building without a contract.
Yep. Can't fix the defense with just draft picks. Maybe in a few years those guys develop but only a couple can contribute right away. You need free agency, good signings, to help fill those immediate holes. Every draft pick isn't going to hit or become great

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't think you rule almost anything out to get better.
All that said taking guys who are really good players to replace them with guys who are unlikely to be as good and need a couple years to hit their peak seems to be an ineffective way to go about getting better.

Now a trade of Gallup and R3 for Quinnen Williams?
That's getting better.

Draftniks fall in love with kids in the draft class and most are nearly worthless as a rookie and many are simply never very good.

Amari Cooper is probably better than any WR in R1 of this draft class will be in the next 2-3 years.
He's a top 10 WR overall and those are hard to find. ((I love Chase and Smith as prospects too but guys get injured and have issues))

So basically unless you view this team as a 6-10 team there's zero reason to trade off proven vets for draft shots.
You are going to end up with 9 or 10 draft picks as is when Comps are awarded.

But you can do what Dallas did when they drafted Travis Frederick. You can drop if you need to a spot where you feel better about the value to fill a need.
Offensive players the top 5 guys on your draft board? Drop 7-8 slots. See a guy you like falling? Go up and get him.

Teams like BAL and PITT are always good on defense because they rate those positions higher.
They select guys that feel like reaches then 2-3 years later those guys are making pro bowls.

I'd be all for that idea of trading Gallup and a 3 for Quinnen Williams! We have 2 3rds going into the draft. I'd be happy to use one of them and Gallup to get Quinnen Williams. Pairing him with Gallimore would be even better! I'm also never against trading down. In fact, when I do mock drafts, I typically do so (much to the she-grin of some posters on here). I'd trade down in the 1 if the deal is good and still take a dplayer I want. Let's say Parsons does fall after we trade down to say 20, draft Parsons (who we may have wanted all along anyway) and enjoy the benefits of trading down with more quality defencive players. Let's not forget that Cedric Wilson was showing himself to be quite the slot WR before Dak went down. Maybe we end up with Coop, CD, and Wilson as our lead 3.

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak will sign for 40 million a year and all will be good!!!
Exactly. In "jerryland" signing Dak will fix the run defense. Nothing against Dak but it's been years since we had run stuffing DTs and it's not being addressed.

Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity, and Jerry has been insane for 20 years.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yep. Can't fix the defense with just draft picks. Maybe in a few years those guys develop but only a couple can contribute right away. You need free agency, good signings, to help fill those immediate holes. Every draft pick isn't going to hit or become great

Exactly, and, if we play the FA smartly, we can really fill in holes that we need too.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'd be all for that idea of trading Gallup and a 3 for Quinnen Williams! We have 2 3rds going into the draft. I'd be happy to use one of them and Gallup to get Quinnen Williams. Pairing him with Gallimore would be even better! I'm also never against trading down. In fact, when I do mock drafts, I typically do so (much to the she-grin of some posters on here). I'd trade down in the 1 if the deal is good and still take a dplayer I want. Let's say Parsons does fall after we trade down to say 20, draft Parsons (who we may have wanted all along anyway) and enjoy the benefits of trading down with more quality defencive players. Let's not forget that Cedric Wilson was showing himself to be quite the slot WR before Dak went down. Maybe we end up with Coop, CD, and Wilson as our lead 3.
You think Gallup can fetch a 1st and 4th but want to trade Gallup and a 3rd for Quinnen Williams. I like him but he isn't worth a 1st, 3rd and 4th. People was saying during the season he could be had for like a 2nd. No need to overpay

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You think Gallup can fetch a 1st and 4th but want to trade Gallup and a 3rd for Quinnen Williams. I like him but he isn't worth a 1st, 3rd and 4th. People was saying during the season he could be had for like a 2nd. No need to overpay

Good point about that. I actually almost think we could get a player for player swap with Gallup for Quinnen Williams. Gallup has been playing like a 1st round WR, and Quinnen Williams was the 3rd overall pick a few years ago. So, draft point wise, that'd actually be about even imo. That'd be a tough decision though. Gallup for WIlliams, or Gallup for 1 and 3 or 4. My argument for staying with the 1 and 4 that I mentioned earlier is that the heart of the DTs in the draft should be between rounds 2-3. We need a 3T imo because we've found our 1T in Gallimore. If we can get a trade down beside with our 10, then that makes our pickings at D even better.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The DT I'm after, especially if we can get an additional 1 and/or trade down for an extra 2, is Alabama DT Christian Barmore. He's 6'5 and 310 lbs. Having him next to Gallimore would mean a MASSIVE DT combination. And, if we can get Leonard Williams to boot, I think we'll be almost unstoppable at run D, and we should be able to add even more pressure when we do force teams to pass.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Good point about that. I actually almost think we could get a player for player swap with Gallup for Quinnen Williams. Gallup has been playing like a 1st round WR, and Quinnen Williams was the 3rd overall pick a few years ago. So, draft point wise, that'd actually be about even imo. That'd be a tough decision though. Gallup for WIlliams, or Gallup for 1 and 3 or 4. My argument for staying with the 1 and 4 that I mentioned earlier is that the heart of the DTs in the draft should be between rounds 2-3. We need a 3T imo because we've found our 1T in Gallimore. If we can get a trade down beside with our 10, then that makes our pickings at D even better.
Great points but I like Gallimore more as a 3 tech. I think a 1 and 3 tech are still needed. Can't have too many players in the trenches

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Great points but I like Gallimore more as a 3 tech. I think a 1 and 3 tech are still needed. Can't have too many players in the trenches

Oh for sure on all levels. So, I'm actually liking my new idea for that reason. trade Gallup for the 1 and 4. Try to draw a trade down with our 10. Get a LB with our first pick and use the second 1 on Christian Barmore from Bama. Leonard, Gallimore, and Barmore would give us an absolutely monstrous DT combo. I'd then, later in the draft around say round 5-6, strike again at DT. This time, I'd take Khyiris Tonga DT BYU. Here are his stats:

2020 BYU 10 2 1 2.5 3 35 1
2019 BYU 13 1 0 1 4 45 0
2018 BYU 13 1 2 2 6 30 0
2017 BYU 13 1 2 2 6 19 1

https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2021DT.php

Here's a video I found of him from his freshman and sophomore seasons: . WalterFootball has him listed as 5-7. However, I'm looking forward to his Senior Bowl and Combine. I think he may push higher, and I think we would have a steal if we get him in round 5. Pairing him with Leonard, Gallimore, and Barmore would give us a Fantastic Four at DT.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Oh for sure on all levels. So, I'm actually liking my new idea for that reason. trade Gallup for the 1 and 4. Try to draw a trade down with our 10. Get a LB with our first pick and use the second 1 on Christian Barmore from Bama. Leonard, Gallimore, and Barmore would give us an absolutely monstrous DT combo. I'd then, later in the draft around say round 5-6, strike again at DT. This time, I'd take Khyiris Tonga DT BYU. Here are his stats:

2020 BYU 10 2 1 2.5 3 35 1
2019 BYU 13 1 0 1 4 45 0
2018 BYU 13 1 2 2 6 30 0
2017 BYU 13 1 2 2 6 19 1

https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2021DT.php

Here's a video I found of him from his freshman and sophomore seasons: . WalterFootball has him listed as 5-7. However, I'm looking forward to his Senior Bowl and Combine. I think he may push higher, and I think we would have a steal if we get him in round 5. Pairing him with Leonard, Gallimore, and Barmore would give us a Fantastic Four at DT.

I love Barmore and can't believe he is projected in the 2nd round. Is a steal in my mind.

I'm high on Tonga as well. Marvin Wilson is another guy I think can be had in the mid rounds because of his short arms.

If we did those trades you are talking about it could look something like this with the first 4 picks.....

1. Bolton LB
1. Barmore DT
2. Surratt LB
2. Moehrig S
3. Wilson DT
3. Molden/Adebo CB

Sign King CB in free agency

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I love Barmore and can't believe he is projected in the 2nd round. Is a steal in my mind.

I'm high on Tonga as well. Marvin Wilson is another guy I think can be had in the mid rounds because of his short arms.

If we did those trades you are talking about it could look something like this with the first 4 picks.....

1. Bolton LB
1. Barmore DT
2. Surratt LB
2. Moehrig S
3. Wilson DT
3. Molden/Adebo CB

Sign King CB in free agency

Idk how he's projected as a 2, but he is. I'd take him in round 1 easily imo. Tonga would be a nice suplement as stated.

I'd love your selections! I think those are great decisions, but, I'd personally take Tonga in round 4 or 5 instead. I'd use one of the 4s on a WR btw in this situation. Partly because WR isn't too difficult to replace. Lest we forget, we got Gallup himself in round 3. So, I'd use one of the 3s on WR. And of course sign King in FA.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Idk how he's projected as a 2, but he is. I'd take him in round 1 easily imo. Tonga would be a nice suplement as stated.

I'd love your selections! I think those are great decisions, but, I'd personally take Tonga in round 4 or 5 instead. I'd use one of the 4s on a WR btw in this situation. Partly because WR isn't too difficult to replace. Lest we forget, we got Gallup himself in round 3. So, I'd use one of the 3s on WR. And of course sign King in FA.
Well my thought was a receiver in the 4th since in this scenario we would have 3 picks in the 4th. Wilson is much better than Tonga, in my opinion. Plus like you said you can find receivers later. Either way the team would be much better