Jerry should take a lesson from Sean Payton and let Dak go now

Status
Not open for further replies.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
meaning a team who was interested in paying Dak what he wants, can just wait and not offer any draft capital to get him
But they will have to compete for those services in FA. Getting a team to convince Dak to waive the no trade clause is the magic sauce. Most other front offices in the league could have orchestrated this already.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course you don't have to do anything anyone else says. I feel exactly the same way...we have something in common!

But you are STILL making up things I have never said. I never said "I don't argue with clowns"...why are you arguing that? Makes no sense. You try to change what people said instead of just reading what they wrote...just to argue?

What I am saying is YOU call people idiots and clowns...trolls...but you sit there incessantly arguing with them. That makes no sense, reminding you a wise man (Mark Twain indeed) said

“don’t argue with idiots they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience”​

Meaning it's a waste of time, they won't listen, and you are just left with their idiocy on your hands. Not to mention mucking up our board pretty hard.

You are of course free to do what you want. We should get back to football.
I misquoted you Sultan is the one who called me a clown you’re the one calling me an idiot and saying you shouldn’t argue with idiots yet you are seeking an argument with me. I don’t understand the approach.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You don’t know a damn thing about me as a person to claim what I would or wouldn’t do in real life.

And no, VTWIN was just calling you out for what you do on this forum Mr. Deflection, just like me and just like other people.
I know enough about you to know you’re a middle aged man talking tough because you pot anonymous. If you were required to post your name and address every time you posted you wouldn’t say 99% of the things you say. It gives you courage. And like I’ve said you and a few others don’t determine anything lol. You guys are sheep just following each other.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But they will have to compete for those services in FA. Getting a team to convince Dak to waive the no trade clause is the magic sauce. Most other front offices in the league could have orchestrated this already.
Yeah I don’t see why Dak would ask to be traded and go to a team that has to give up picks to get him and uproot his family when he can just wait.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t see why Dak would ask to be traded and go to a team that has to give up picks to get him and uproot his family when he can just wait.
Because without a new contract he knows he has to go somewhere else soon anyway ....

If he had a suitor that was attractive to him, why not go ahead and get it done? Why would the new team want to wait? Wouldn't they want to be the best they could be in 2023?

For a player that is going to be a FA, would an acquiring team really have to give up that much?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The team that signs Dak to his next contract is going to be paying well over $50 million AAV whether they are able to sign him now or in free agency. What team would part with anything significant simply to get a head start? Consider that all 32 teams have solidified plans at quarterback for the 2024 season and many teams will have to jettison existing contracts to fit Dak’s in, more teams will potentially be vying for Dak in March 2025 than July 2024. This is where France has Dak Prescott right now and he is going to take full advantage of circumstances for Dak. There is no way Dak was ever going to waive the NTC, otherwise what was the point of demanding one? Jerry Jones knew the possible ramifications of the NTC when he agreed to it. Jerry understands the veracity of Todd France‘s representation of clients. These men are all sitting at the grown ups table.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I misquoted you Sultan is the one who called me a clown you’re the one calling me an idiot and saying you shouldn’t argue with idiots yet you are seeking an argument with me. I don’t understand the approach.
I never did call you an idiot. Go back and read it again. I await your aploogy.:)

I said maybe one shouldnt argue with people they think are idiots. Mark twain thought so.
We dont often agree on things. But The fact that i am speaking with you would indicate i dont think of you as an idiot...yes?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because without a new contract he knows he has to go somewhere else soon anyway ....

If he had a suitor that was attractive to him, why not go ahead and get it done? Why would the new team want to wait? Wouldn't they want to be the best they could be in 2023?

For a player that is going to be a FA, would an acquiring team really have to give up that much?
I’m not sure what the compensation would have to be. I’d assume at least a first rounder.

If I’m Dak my best bet is to stay in Dallas in an offense I’m familiar with increase my value and wait for more potential teams to open up in free agency. Dak has nothing to lose here.

You guys have to come to grips that this front office has goofed once again and have no leverage. The best compensation they will get for an All Pro QB is a 3rd round comp pick. It’s embarrassing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never did call you an idiot. Go back and read it again. I await your aploogy.:)

I said maybe one shouldnt argue with people they think are idiots. Mark twain thought so.
We dont often agree on things. But The fact that i am speaking with you would indicate i dont think of you as an idiot...yes?
Actually you are right it wasn’t you it was VTwin who called me an idiot….

Lol. Another day another new antagonist trying to educate you. You can't make this up.

You'd think even the biggest idiot on the planet would eventually figure out that he was the common denominator. Yet you can't. lol

My mistake I thought it was you who said it and I was wrong.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you think just agreeing on a few things makes that true....the same could be said for you and a few others.

But of course....not true, right? We all have our own mind.
You could say it. I’m not sure if it’s true. But this site in general has a sheep like mentality there are posters who like anything negative said about me just because of this sheep mentality.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the compensation would have to be. I’d assume at least a first rounder.

If I’m Dak my best bet is to stay in Dallas in an offense I’m familiar with increase my value and wait for more potential teams to open up in free agency. Dak has nothing to lose here.

You guys have to come to grips that this front office has goofed once again and have no leverage. The best compensation they will get for an All Pro QB is a 3rd round comp pick. It’s embarrassing.
It's mindnumbingly frustrating, but I fear you're right. I have no idea how the Dak situation can be labeled anything but badly mishandled. If we're going to move on, for Bog's sake trade him. Which should've already happened if that's what we're doing. Because if we're not keeping him, who's the replacement and where are we going to get him from? I mean, this entire escapade makes zero sense.

kskboys

Reaction score
You could say it. I’m not sure if it’s true. But this site in general has a sheep like mentality there are posters who like anything negative said about me just because of this sheep mentality.
The entire site is set on several beliefs, some of which simply are not true.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see. So people you agree with or people tbat agree with you are totally independent.
But people tbat dont agree with you are sheep.
Got it...loud and clear.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

That's kinda my point. I don't think it would be much if anything more than a first rounder or some combination of other picks that give the same value. That is a SMALL price to pay it you believe a guy is the QB you need. So why wouldn't the interested party want to move forward as quickly as possible?

I agree Dak can wait. I don't agree there is nothing to lose. There are always risks. If the interested party above is willing & ready, why not lock himself in & get started with the next chapter?

What exactly though could the FO have done to change this? Once they gave him the no trade clause, they had put themselves in a bad situation. So yeah, I agree they screwed up the second contract. Have they really screwed up now? I don't think so. They have just played the hand the dealt themselves and seem to be content to let it end under those terms.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's mindnumbingly frustrating, but I fear you're right. I have no idea how the Dak situation can be labeled anything but badly mishandled. If we're going to move on, for Bog's sake trade him. Which should've already happened if that's what we're doing. Because if we're not keeping him, who'd the replacement and where are we going to get him from? I mean, this entire escapade makes zero sense.
It doesn’t and people keep making excuses for it because they don’t like Dak. Regardless if someone is a fan of him or not even if the plan was to let him go they’ve handled it moronically.

kskboys

Reaction score
It doesn’t and people keep making excuses for it because they don’t like Dak. Regardless if someone is a fan of him or not even if the plan was to let him go they’ve handled it moronically.
Couldn't agree more. It's an entirely separate discussion, the like of Dak vs the FO's ineptitude.

And if Dak wants to move on, there's nothing we can do anyway.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's kinda my point. I don't think it would be much if anything more than a first rounder or some combination of other picks that give the same value. That is a SMALL price to pay it you believe a guy is the QB you need. So why wouldn't the interested party want to move forward as quickly as possible?

I agree Dak can wait. I don't agree there is nothing to lose. There are always risks. If the interested party above is willing & ready, why not lock himself in & get started with the next chapter?

What exactly though could the FO have done to change this? Once they gave him the no trade clause, they had put themselves in a bad situation. So yeah, I agree they screwed up the second contract. Have they really screwed up now? I don't think so. They have just played the hand the dealt themselves and seem to be content to let it end under those terms.
A first round pick is a big deal. Especially if that team sucks. And it’s the Raiders or Giants? First off those teams aren’t a Dak Prescott away from winning they aren’t even a Mahomes way from winning. Secondly, those teams stink why would Dak go there right now when they can suck and add a first round talent to that team next year?

It just makes no sense.

As far as what could they have done? You are literally arguing that they should trade him for whatever pick they can get for him. Ok that should’ve been done before now.

One thing I’ve noticed about the NFL or life in general? Procrastination is never rewarded. Never. You can’t be late to the party and expect to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.