Jerry should take a lesson from Sean Payton and let Dak go now

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I think you underestimate not playing for a year. "Fresh"? Maybe. But no stats or the physical workout of a real NFL season.

Many NFL fans decry the lessening of a preseason games workout by starters, and possibly encouraging injuries. What would a whole year do?

Also...many think the time to resign Dak was ALSO before the draft.

Not only are the cowboys unsure, we know they do stupid stuff. They keep players when they shouldn't and they sign players when they shouldn't.

It's all a big cluster and you'd think Jerry does it on purpose by now rather than accidently.

There is still "leverage". The true cost of using it wouldn't be known for awhile.
I would look at it as less wear and tear on a QB but that's just me. You know what you're getting with Dak, whether he takes a year off or not. All it takes is one team to think our defense is good enough to hide his deficiencies and I'd bet a years salary there's a GM out there thinking that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He broke his leg.
He wasn’t playing that well before the injury and after he recovered he lost out to Sam Darnold and Brock Purdy in a QB competition. Not long ago Kyle Shanahan conceded that drafting Lance was a mistake.

leeblair

Reaction score
Dak isn't elite but.... cutting a perennial top 10, MVP candidate quarterback "gives us hope"...... this isn't Madden franchise mode.

Clearly you're too young to remember the dark ages of having below average quarterbacks. Ask the Washington Commanders/Football Team/Commanders how it feels to lead the league in quarterbacks starting over a certain amount of years.....

That would probably happen to us. Yeah.... You're confused and don't understand how this works. You'll get it one day.
I've been watching the Cowboys for 50 years and clearly you don't get it.
Dak is simply not NFL caliber. He's been carried by the team in a weak division, but when they need a real quarterback vs good teams his weaknesses are glaring.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
However, the fact that he did it shows that NFL teams can afford to eat a bad contract and move past one player. In the Cowboys case, they should bench Prescott for the season and make him sit for a year before entering free agency. The fact that it would cool the market for his services might make Dak amenable to a trade this year that will allow the Cowboys to get something out of the deal.
Either way, the Cowboys and their fans win simply by getting Dak off the field in a Cowboys uniform and that gives the franchise hope for the first time since the hiring of Jason Garrett.
Tha won't happen soon, chap. In Jerald's fantasy world, Dak will one day win a Super Bowl and then won't we all say tha
Jerald is another Lombardini.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak is simply not NFL caliber. He's been carried by the team in a weak division, but when they need a real quarterback vs good teams his weaknesses are glaring.
As a 4th rounder from the greatly feared Miss. State, Dak has lots of potential.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
However, the fact that he did it shows that NFL teams can afford to eat a bad contract and move past one player. In the Cowboys case, they should bench Prescott for the season and make him sit for a year before entering free agency. The fact that it would cool the market for his services might make Dak amenable to a trade this year that will allow the Cowboys to get something out of the deal.
Either way, the Cowboys and their fans win simply by getting Dak off the field in a Cowboys uniform and that gives the franchise hope for the first time since the hiring of Jason Garrett.
If anything, it would rid 70% of the Dak-induced acrimony, animus and other words you blokes don't understand.

Qcard

Reaction score
Who cares what anyone says on this post but "who are we going to replace him with!!!????" lol. There's no one on this earth that can come in here and win 12 games for us and not look great in the playoffs, it just can't be done!! It will not be done!!:cool: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
At Cooper Rush’s pace??? There’s is one person on earth…by 3021, Rush should have 12 wins in each Decade :laugh: :lmao:

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Why do Dak fans insist on crediting Dak for wins that he was in street clothes for?

It's post like this one that makes me loathe him and his fans.

I hope you and others like you go with him.
Lol. One of the Top 3 biggest hopium smokers on this board.

I know Jerry's delay in signing Dak has got you all hoping but he does this with all his players....including Emmett Smith. Jerry Jones doing Jerry Jones things dates back 30 years, pal. Dak's gonna be back.

GINeric

Reaction score

We all know Dak isn't elite, but you said Dak isn't an NFL caliber quarterback? Hmmmm.....

There are 85 plus NFL quarterbacks in the league every season.... So please name the other "non NFL caliber quarterbacks" who've been in the top 10 out of 85+ quarterbacks every season?

Then you said the team carried Dak? Hmmm.... Dak has led a top 5 offense for a few seasons, including 3 straight seasons in which his TEAM led the NFL in penalties.

Dak was yet top 10 again last season in a one dimensional offense that had one of the weakest running games in the NFL..... and still became an MVP candidate.

1. How does a quarterback who's not "NFL caliber" pull off all those things I've previously posted.

2. Name the other current or former quarterbacks in history to present who aren't "NFL caliber" and done the things that I've listed above.

3. Dak has a better winning record vs winning teams than most of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL outside of Rodgers, Mahomes and probably another quarterback or two. If Dak is not an "NFL caliber quarterback " what does that say about all the other quarterbacks that he posts better overall winning percentages than, more wins vs winning teams than, and more top 10 placements than?

I'll patiently and respectfully wait for you to explain how non NFL caliber quarterbacks can do these things and name the other non NFL caliber quarterbacks who've done the same thing Dak's done.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lol. One of the Top 3 biggest hopium smokers on this board.

I know Jerry's delay in signing Dak has got you all hoping but he does this with all his players....including Emmett Smith. Jerry Jones doing Jerry Jones things dates back 30 years, pal. Dak's gonna be back.
Why do you credit Dak with wins he didn't even dress for, Dak fan?

Will you leave with him? Even if it's not this year. When he leaves Dallas this year or 5 years from now will you go too?

GINeric

Reaction score

Will you leave with him? Even if it's not this year. When he leaves Dallas this year or 5 years from now will you go too?

Probably for the same reasons yall say what Dak hasn't done in 8 seasons when he's only played 7 because he missed pretty much a whole season with a broken ankle.

So the other question is.... why do yall count loss games or loss seasons in games he didn't play?

Yobwocs

Reaction score

Lmao you've resigned to the fact that Daks gonna be here 5 years from now. I know defeat hits you real hard, pal but I didn't expect you to take an L that easily.

I'm a Dak fan because he's a Top 5/6 QB. It's not incomprehensible.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Probably for the same reasons yall say what Dak hasn't done in 8 seasons when he's only played 7 because he missed pretty much a whole season with a broken ankle.

So the other question is.... why do yall count loss games or loss seasons in games he didn't play?
Great point.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
We all know Dak isn't elite, but you said Dak isn't an NFL caliber quarterback? Hmmmm.....

There are 85 plus NFL quarterbacks in the league every season.... So please name the other "non NFL caliber quarterbacks" who've been in the top 10 out of 85+ quarterbacks every season?

Then you said the team carried Dak? Hmmm.... Dak has led a top 5 offense for a few seasons, including 3 straight seasons in which his TEAM led the NFL in penalties.

Dak was yet top 10 again last season in a one dimensional offense that had one of the weakest running games in the NFL..... and still became an MVP candidate.

1. How does a quarterback who's not "NFL caliber" pull off all those things I've previously posted.

2. Name the other current or former quarterbacks in history to present who aren't "NFL caliber" and done the things that I've listed above.

3. Dak has a better winning record vs winning teams than most of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL outside of Rodgers, Mahomes and probably another quarterback or two. If Dak is not an "NFL caliber quarterback " what does that say about all the other quarterbacks that he posts better overall winning percentages than, more wins vs winning teams than, and more top 10 placements than?

I'll patiently and respectfully wait for you to explain how non NFL caliber quarterbacks can do these things and name the other non NFL caliber quarterbacks who've done the same thing Dak's done.
We can seriously argue that he IS elite. Any number you can throw out there would indicate he's in the Top 5-7 range. If Burrow and Allen is elite, we can reason Dak is too.

As for his record against winning teams...it's about the same as Rodgers.

GINeric

Reaction score
We can seriously argue that he IS elite. Any number you can throw out there would indicate he's in the Top 5-7 range. If Burrow and Allen is elite, we can reason Dak is too.

As for his record against winning teams...it's about the same as Rodgers.

I really do appreciate this post because I was looking for this "record vs winning teams" list....

It's funny how most of the quarterbacks people are say are better than Dak have worse winning percentages vs winning teams...... hmmmm....

I can't WAIT to see how the low IQ, punk *** coward bunch try to put a spin on this one!!! But they'll avoid that list like a plague.

Matt Stafford is 43 - 93 vs winning teams???? OMG!!! Like I said before, the Rams carried Stafford and won a Superbowl INSPITE of him because Stafford actually led the league in interceptions that season. 14, 15 other quarterbacks would have won the Superbowl with that Rams team.

And I don't want to read no BS, spin job excuses talking about being drafted to the Lions. He had arguably one of the deadliest WRs in NFL history.

I was ALSO told on THIS board that good quarterbacks supposed to elevate the talent around him. So if it's a team game with those quarterbacks, then it's a team game for our quarterbacks as well.