Jerry should take a lesson from Sean Payton and let Dak go now

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I highly doubt Lance will amount to anything.

If Shanny couldn’t get anything out of him how can Big Mike?
This PS is Lances 4th round investment debut, have to at the very least see what you have before trashing it.
Lance gets 85% PS snaps guaranteed or I will quit posting for 45 minutes....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys should release him now. Let him find a new team to play for and the Cowboys get started on their future without Dak Prescott on the roster. I don’t see the sense in putting it off any longer.
You and the OP sound like two peas in a pod. :facepalm: It’s one ridiculous comment after another. It’s almost like you and leeblair are trying to play a game of who can top who by making the most ridiculous statement. Lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I highly doubt Lance will amount to anything.

If Shanny couldn’t get anything out of him how can Big Mike?
and Shanny and the Niners had less expensive options at the QB position, I understand that a lot of Cowboys fans find it odd, but Shanny Chose Mr. Irrelevant Purdy and had no choice but to get Lance out of the way to the highest bidder quickly.
Jerry threw Shanny a 4th and deal done.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There was no sense of hope when we hired Jason Garrett. Most of us "haters" called out back then that it was brain dead to hire the guy since he had no experience or resume. It played out pretty much how I called it except for how long Jerry was willing to keep that farce going.
yes he was part of the problem that year, and he got rewarded by jerry with the HC job, which then lasted a decade.
That period turned me from die hard fan to meh observer.
Now dak is the new JG and he is close to a decade too lol. Just never ends.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know all those names, too funny.
Now you got me thinking about some other ancients, wasn't there an Art at one time back when we still had square wheels?
Don’t remember an Art.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
When Lance starts
Dak will seek a trade, that is the only way to redeem anything at all for him. Hopefully there's someone out duller than Jerry!
No he won’t. He’ll collect his $29 million or Jerry can release him. Dak will be a free agent. He will never forfeit that opportunity. He will never allow Jerry Jones anything more than a third round comp pick when he walks away. He and France beat Jerry Jones once, and will do it again.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This PS is Lances 4th round investment debut, have to at the very least see what you have before trashing it.
Lance gets 85% PS snaps guaranteed or I will quit posting for 45 minutes....
well I want to see all the qb's , and hohensee if he is still around.
Watching lance in PS, helps evaluate him, but only while he is playing mostly 1st string defense.
Otherwise it is meaningless.

If they want to really see what he has. play him in some real games,and see if he can win them or play well in a real game.
the wash and nyg games at att, and the carolina games would be good games to give to him and let dak have those weeks off.

But those are the games dak wants to build his stats up and mike wants to run up the score.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
yes he was part of the problem that year, and he got rewarded by jerry with the HC job, which then lasted a decade.
That period turned me from die hard fan to meh observer.
Now dak is the new JG and he is close to a decade too lol. Just never ends.
That is exactly how I have viewed the last two decades specifically.
Good thing we draft really well, because these bad contracts are the reason why this FO is in a cap bind.
Could give a flip about the money paid to a player, the most important aspect always is the language that matters the most.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
However, the fact that he did it shows that NFL teams can afford to eat a bad contract and move past one player. In the Cowboys case, they should bench Prescott for the season and make him sit for a year before entering free agency. The fact that it would cool the market for his services might make Dak amenable to a trade this year that will allow the Cowboys to get something out of the deal.
Either way, the Cowboys and their fans win simply by getting Dak off the field in a Cowboys uniform and that gives the franchise hope for the first time since the hiring of Jason Garrett.
I like your style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Prescot's game against GB should be the last straw for this overpaid, over hyped, less than mediocre QB who has a BAD habit of going MIA in big games. Sure, people are going to throw out his game stats in the GB, but those stats were accumulated after GB had a big lead and were sitting in their prevent defense. It's time to force his hand, either agree to a trade or pick splinters out of his *** while he watches the 2024 season play out before his eyes riding the PINE............................

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I kinda want to watch him go out in shame.

I want to see him have a horrible season, get us a nice draft pick, and then be some other teams problem.
Wishful thinking for someone who's gone 12-5 three years in a row. And won 10 games 5 out of 7 of his healthy seasons.

He owns the regular season...would be strange if he just all of a sudden went to the crapper like that at age 31.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When Lance starts
Dak will seek a trade, that is the only way to redeem anything at all for him. Hopefully there's someone out duller than Jerry!
You scream casual fan. You obviously don’t see just how ridiculous that comment is. There is no possible way with Dak going into the final year of his contract that he’s going to seek trade. Dude, he’s going to be a free agent at the end of this season if he’s not extended. Why would he want to be traded when he’ll be on the open market and teams will bid on him? He’ll have his choice of teams he can go to.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What are you afraid of?

Wouldn't you LOVE for Lance to fall on his butt....have to put Dak back in and sign for 500 mil 5 years?

Or maybe lance actually makes a competent QB. Put everyone in the fire and may the best QB win.
You’re a strange one.

GINeric

Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
However, the fact that he did it shows that NFL teams can afford to eat a bad contract and move past one player. In the Cowboys case, they should bench Prescott for the season and make him sit for a year before entering free agency. The fact that it would cool the market for his services might make Dak amenable to a trade this year that will allow the Cowboys to get something out of the deal.
Either way, the Cowboys and their fans win simply by getting Dak off the field in a Cowboys uniform and that gives the franchise hope for the first time since the hiring of Jason Garrett.

Dak isn't elite but.... cutting a perennial top 10, MVP candidate quarterback "gives us hope"...... this isn't Madden franchise mode.

Clearly you're too young to remember the dark ages of having below average quarterbacks. Ask the Washington Commanders/Football Team/Commanders how it feels to lead the league in quarterbacks starting over a certain amount of years.....

That would probably happen to us. Yeah.... You're confused and don't understand how this works. You'll get it one day.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
If we had a roster like the Ravens or the Chiefs or 49ers...I find it almost impossible we could screw that up.

We stand a much higher chance of greater heights if we can build a roster like those 3 teams instead of fantasizing about another Troy Aikman coming. It's probably not gonna happen. This era is so different from the 90s....#1 overall picks were more reverred or more designated stand out players than they are now.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Wishful thinking for someone who's gone 12-5 three years in a row. And won 10 games 5 out of 7 of his healthy seasons.

He owns the regular season...would be strange if he just all of a sudden went to the crapper like that at age 31.
Why do Dak fans insist on crediting Dak for wins that he was in street clothes for?

It's post like this one that makes me loathe him and his fans.

I hope you and others like you go with him.