Twitter: Jerry Speaketh

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
LOL.

Taking a TB in the 2nd round last year? After you just paid Elliott a crap ton and had Pollard?

Imagine letting Jones walk, passing up Diggs in the 2nd to take a TB. That would have been awesome and the threads here would have been legendary.

I would rather have Diggs than the LSU RB.
I am glad the Eagles or Skins did not get the LSU RB.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I don't think anyone is saying you need all pro linemen but like you said...we were sold McGovern and Connor Wiliams would be solid starters and they haven't been.
Review game footage. Connor Williams is a good player. Just because players are not Zack Martin or Larry Allen does not mean that they not good.
- CW had 3 bad plays vs Aaron Donald in game 1.
- He had 1 bad play and 2 questionable play in game 2.
- He had 2 bad plays and 2 questionable play in game 3.

The bad plays just happen to have been obvious and in all 3 games the network picked a bad play by CW to show the replay.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen no proof to suggest that.
When has it happened?

SJ does a weekly radio show. His thought process is quite obviously if you listen to him over a long enough period of time.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think anyone is saying you need all pro linemen but like you said...we were sold McGovern and Connor Wiliams would be solid starters and they haven't been.
If we thought they would be solid starters right out the gate, we're guilty once again of poor player evaluations. They would've been 1st rounders if they'd have been ready.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If we thought they would be solid starters right out the gate, we're guilty once again of poor player evaluations. They would've been 1st rounders if they'd have been ready.
That's exactly what they sold us. The "we had first round grades on Connor".....same crap we here every time. On McGovern I know he had the injury so he wasn't coming in out of the gate.

I don't expect guys to come out of the gate and start at linemen unless they are forced too. Fredericks started out of the gate and was a 3rd round pick. I do expect progression though and I haven't seen it.

dckid

Reaction score
I think even Jerry is tired of hearing himself talk. His tone gives off the "I'm to old for this **** " vibe.
He was too stupid since 1994. The day our franchise went from being run by a football savant to being run by wealthy clown with zero football acumen.. I never said he is a bad businessman man... so settle down all you Jerry lovers. He has ruined this franchise. I don’t care how big your stadium is or how much your team is worth. The tradition of winning was flushed down the toilet. Winning a SB is not in the cards. Please sell the team to Jeff Bezos or some tech guy. I am telling you this organization would take a 180 degree turn if we had a smart person running this thing. You will call me crazy I would hire Daryl Morey type, as rich as Jerry is hire a boardroom full of analytics guys and gals. The FO is where you can spend money without a cap!!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Review game footage. Connor Williams is a good player. Just because players are not Zack Martin or Larry Allen does not mean that they not good.
- CW had 3 bad plays vs Aaron Donald in game 1.
- He had 1 bad play and 2 questionable play in game 2.
- He had 2 bad plays and 2 questionable play in game 3.

The bad plays just happen to have been obvious and in all 3 games the network picked a bad play by CW to show the replay.
This is year 3 of Connor and we were sold he was going to be much better than this. He was suppose to be our right tackle of the future.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When has it happened?

SJ does a weekly radio show. His thought process is quite obviously if you listen to him over a long enough period of time.
He's a salesman just like his father. If he told me it was sunny outside with a chance of rain I'd expect for it to snow.

dckid

Reaction score
Every time I hear Jerry talk I think to myself, "so that's why this team has not won anything in 25 years".
100% agree with you. Organizational culture is the most important thing. Jimmy knew it from the jump. He came in and flushed all the players both good and bad out. Culture eats strategy for breakfast.. remember that guys and gals. It’s the same in your family life, work life, football org, Fortune 500 shop.
Jerry is running a 5 billion dollar Corp like a mom and pop shop.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Mr. Clarence really butchered the interpretation of that entire statement. Crazy how he flipped the script entirely. Sounded like Jerry was more praising Dak, but Clarence made it seem like he was critisizing him.
Yup. Should lose privileges' over something like that. Blatant misinterpretation

aikemirv

Reaction score

CWR

Reaction score
I feel Collins is gone for the year, or at least until late December. And that is only a SWAG (scientific wild "butt" guess).

ET will not happen unless an injury happens. Or if they are talking, the contract is an issue, ET may want some guarantees Jerry does not want to give for future cap reasons. Which have nothing to do with signing Dak, just cap management overall. Again a SWAG.

So what do they do with the OL to adjust for this. Can Martin move to RT, if Tyron returns, does Knight play RT. Other options?

I hope it's not money holding us back. We waste enough money already. We can justify spending a bit on ET.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was too stupid since 1994. The day our franchise went from being run by a football savant to being run by wealthy clown with zero football acumen.. I never said he is a bad businessman man... so settle down all you Jerry lovers. He has ruined this franchise. I don’t care how big your stadium is or how much your team is worth. The tradition of winning was flushed down the toilet. Winning a SB is not in the cards. Please sell the team to Jeff Bezos or some tech guy. I am telling you this organization would take a 180 degree turn if we had a smart person running this thing. You will call me crazy I would hire Daryl Morey type, as rich as Jerry is hire a boardroom full of analytics guys and gals. The FO is where you can spend money without a cap!!!!
I would hire my 5 year old Granddaughter over him even though she'd be picking princesses and unicorns in the draft!!!! Hey, at least they wouldn't be injury prone!!!!