Jerry talked to Jimmy about the ROH

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on talking with Jimmy Johnson before last night’s game: “It was good to see him. Let me be real candid, Jimmy and I have never had issues with being around each other and being able to communicate. That shouldn’t surprise anybody. He’s very familiar with my family and we’ve spent a lot of time together. … I think a lot of Jimmy Johnson, make no mistake about it.”

Jerry on if there was any Ring of Honor talk:

“We visited about that. And we also, as people who have known each other a long time, we got a lot to needle each other about. And it’s fun.”

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who doesn't care about Jimmy and the ROH?
I want Jerry to extend the offer...and I want Jimmy to decline. If....If....I was Jimmy....I would not even want it at this point.

Football people from front office, to players, to fans (real fans)....know the impact Jimmy has had on football. Both on the collegiate and professional level. He does not need the Dallas ROH for validation, especially since he is in the HOF!!!!! He should not have to BEG....BEG....a barely serviceable football man to be recognized. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that is how I am built. If I have to beg...if you have to recognize me reluctantly...then you can keep it!!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want Jerry to extend the offer...and I want Jimmy to decline. If....If....I was Jimmy....I would not even want it at this point.

Football people from front office, to players, to fans (real fans)....know the impact Jimmy has had on football. Both on the collegiate and professional level. He does not need the Dallas ROH for validation, especially since he is in the HOF!!!!! He should not have to BEG....BEG....a barely serviceable football man to be recognized. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that is how I am built. If I have to beg...if you have to recognize me reluctantly...then you can keep it!!!
The Dallas Cowboys are bigger than Jerry Jones. You don't turn down the ROH.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think at this point, it’s how a lot of us feel.

I am sure Jimmy has moved on, meanwhile Jerry just runs in circles on this
Jerry's being chased in circles on this. I don't think he ever initiates the conversation when it comes to adding Jimmy to the RoH.

starfan1

Reaction score
Im not as concerned about Jimmy and the ROH than I am about the possibility of others going in before him that shouldnt. Jimmy is in the HOF which is far more relevant than the ROH. Jerry has made a spectacle of this trying to keep the story relevant while all full knowing that he dont want to give Jimmy that piece of credit

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on talking with Jimmy Johnson before last night’s game: “It was good to see him. Let me be real candid, Jimmy and I have never had issues with being around each other and being able to communicate. That shouldn’t surprise anybody. He’s very familiar with my family and we’ve spent a lot of time together. … I think a lot of Jimmy Johnson, make no mistake about it.”

“We visited about that. And we also, as people who have known each other a long time, we got a lot to needle each other about. And it’s fun.”

Just put him in already!!!
You are both not getting any younger !!!!!!!!!
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

I wish Jimmy talked to Jerry about hiring a real GM, and maybe retiring to Florida. A state that might not be big enough for the both of them.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who doesn't care about Jimmy and the ROH?
You are. At this point in my Cowboys fandom, it's one of the few things I look forward to and would take time out of my life to watch it live. Forget (had another word but forgot this is a family-friendly site) Jerry.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry had won a Super Bowl after Jimmy's team won it in 95, Jimmy would already be in the ROH.

That's the hang up. He'd be honoring the guy who built a winner while he still can't.
That's an interesting take on it. I understand why you think this way, and you may well be right. On the other hand, had they won another SB after that Jerry might have just taken the position that it was him all along and not given Jimmy enough credit to put him in the ROH.