Jerry talked to Jimmy about the ROH

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bold> there is nothing you have stated that has brought greater awareness or insight. Practically everyone, who reads these forums, fully comprehend the information you provide. The same goes for what anyone else has ever stated about Jones' impact on the franchise, my words included.

CowboysZone serves as an emotional release for Dallas Cowboys fans. It is where we can vent and cope. It is a sounding board but practically everyone gets everything they read. Just because people totally understand where you are coming from and what you are telling them but refuse to react towards Jones and his dysfunctional oversight of the franchise in the way you hope, does not mean anyone is clueless. It is the exact opposite, in fact.
Disagree. Obviously our impact on the Jones situation is negligible. Who cares ? We have many young fans on this site who have no historical context and people like diehard bring a lot of it. Personally , I learn more about what’s going on with the franchise on here than any other media site. I know for a fact many media members go on forums like this to take the pulse of the fan base. So, I’m not sure what big point you are trying to make other than to express your own opinion. Why belittle others for doing the same ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bold> there is nothing you have stated that has brought greater awareness or insight. Practically everyone, who reads these forums, fully comprehend the information you provide. The same goes for what anyone else has ever stated about Jones' impact on the franchise, my words included.

CowboysZone serves as an emotional release for Dallas Cowboys fans. It is where we can vent and cope. It is a sounding board but practically everyone gets everything they read. Just because people totally understand where you are coming from and what you are telling them but refuse to react towards Jones and his dysfunctional oversight of the franchise in the way you hope, does not mean anyone is clueless. It is the exact opposite, in fact.
Yes, it is a site to vent. And I understand that there might not be anything new for all. Many are all knowing .

But I’ve had too many over the years comment they either hadn’t considered my insight, view or perspective and appreciate the contribution. Same goes for me.

And I’ve not argued they are all clueless for not taking the action I’ve prescribed. But instead shouldn’t expect change without forcing the issue.

Your overall view that no fans can learn new insight or perhaps an angle or perspective they hadn’t considered doesn’t give fans much credit.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, it is a site to vent. And I understand that there might not be anything new for all. Many are all knowing .

But I’ve had too many over the years comment they either hadn’t considered my insight, view or perspective and appreciate the contribution.

And I’ve not argued they are all clueless for not taking the action I’ve prescribed. But instead shouldn’t expect change without forcing the issue.

Your overall view that no fans can learn new insight or perhaps an angle or perspective they hadn’t considered doesn’t give 1500 fans much credit.
wow.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disagree. Obviously our impact on the Jones situation is negligible. Who cares ? We have many young fans on this site who have no historical context and people like diehard bring a lot of it. Personally , I learn more about what’s going on with the franchise on here than any other media site. I know for a fact many media members go on forums like this to take the pulse of the fan base. So, I’m not sure what big point you are trying to make other than to express your own opinion. Why belittle others for doing the same ?
Diehardblues believes his awareness and insight shall convince fellow fans to finally revolt against Jones and coerce him into making changes to his form of leadership and oversight. I believe other members, both old and new, comprehend what he has said already and have chosen to not act cohesively in mass to achieve what he desires.

Almost nothing is impossible. However, this site has been around for nearly 20 years. Similar forms of information and persuasion have been posted on the site by numerous members many many many times. The end result has always been (and highly likely will always be) the same.

So, I agree with you about negligible effect. Knowledge is not what I spoke of. Personal expectation of the knowledge imparted to others is what I highlighted.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Diehardblues believes his awareness and insight shall convince fellow fans to finally revolt against Jones and coerce him into making changes to his form of leadership and oversight. I believe other members, both old and new, comprehend what he has said already and have chosen to not act cohesively in mass to achieve what he desires.

Almost nothing is impossible. However, this site has been around for nearly 20 years. Similar forms of information and persuasion have been posted on the site by numerous members many many many times. The end result has always been (and highly likely will always be) the same.

So, I agree with you about negligible effect. Knowledge is not what I spoke of. Personal expectation of the knowledge imparted to others is what I highlighted.
No, I have not “ believed “ it would convince others to take action. I had hoped it could sway opinion and inform. And a big part of that was to provide not only my insight and perspective but knowledge .

Back when I first joined the old Cowboys site in 2008 when I ceased my season tickets after almost 4 decades I was more on a campaign to encourage action. I was part of the group of season ticket holders from Texas Stadium who spoke out against Jethro and the new stadium PSL’s as tens of thousands season ticket holders refused to make the move.

And I agree, the results on this forum have largely been the same. Afterall most of these fans aren’t local and many have never even attended a game so have the power to have little if any impact

When I first begun this in 2008 I wasn’t aware of who or why fans graced these forums. It was just another venue to vent and voice them hoping to reach more fans . I was actually taken aback as I hadn’t faced the pushback these forums presented. And inadvertently fueled my passion to further advance my position.

I never intended to spend the time I do . It’s been somewhat addictive but I wasn’t used to other fans pushing back , some in support of our ownership and others I guess who either didn’t appreciate my stance or simply push back in anything that comes off negative.

This was my first involvement with social media and the impersonal effects of the internet. I was attacked personally which further fueled my passion to combat the pushback as my fandom had never been challenged before as most who know me personally know few fans more passionate and dedicated to the Cowboys.

Which unfortunately led to the criticism of our owner whose ways or self interest were not always in Cowboys Football best interest. And I made it my mission early on to be a spokesman against him.

Over the years it became obvious that our efforts were not effective and the new stadium became the ultimate buffer for Jethro and his intent to retain his ways over Cowboys Football. Eventually I waved my white flag realizing there was no stopping him.

But I still have maintained speaking out and the impacts they have had on Cowboys Football. No doubt without taking the actions I prescribed to aren’t going to happen . Although some apathy has creeped into at least the local market . And with that more locals are brokering out their seats which creates more opposing fans in attendance . Part of that is from their frustration being tied into the PSL’s which we warned against, the frustration with the team itself and some simply looking to cash in on affording maintaining their season tickets.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, I have not “ believed “ it would convince others to take action. I had hoped it could sway opinion and inform. And a big part of that was to provide not only my insight and perspective but knowledge .

Back when I first joined the old Cowboys site in 2008 when I ceased my season tickets after almost 4 decades I was more on a campaign to encourage action. I was part of the group of season ticket holders from Texas Stadium who spoke out against Jethro and the new stadium PSL’s as tens of thousands season ticket holders refused to make the move.

And I agree, the results on this forum have largely been the same. Afterall most of these fans aren’t local and many have never even attended a game so have the power to have little if any impact

When I first begun this in 2008 I wasn’t aware of who or why fans graced these forums. It was just another venue to vent and voice them hoping to reach more fans . I was actually taken aback as I hadn’t faced the pushback these forums presented. And inadvertently fueled my passion to further advance my position.

I never intended to spend the time I do . It’s been somewhat addictive but I wasn’t used to other fans pushing back , some in support of our ownership and others I guess who either didn’t appreciate my stance or simply push back in anything that comes off negative.

This was my first involvement with social media and the impersonal effects of the internet. I was attacked personally which further fueled my passion to combat the pushback as my fandom had never been challenged before as most who know me personally know few fans more passionate and dedicated to the Cowboys.

Which unfortunately led to the criticism of our owner whose ways or self interest were not always in Cowboys Football best interest. And I made it my mission early on to be a spokesman against him.

Over the years it became obvious that our efforts were not effective and the new stadium became the ultimate buffer for Jethro and his intent to retain his ways over Cowboys Football. Eventually I waved my white flag realizing there was no stopping him.

But I still have maintained speaking out and the impacts they have had on Cowboys Football. No doubt without taking the actions I prescribed to aren’t going to happen . Although some apathy has creeped into at least the local market . And with that more locals are brokering out their seats which creates more opposing fans in attendance . Part of that is from their frustration being tied into the PSL’s which we warned against, the frustration with the team itself and some simply looking to cash in on affording maintaining their season tickets.
Sorry for your frustrations. Loyalty for me, is a very tough thing to just give up.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sorry for your frustrations. Loyalty for me, is a very tough thing to just give up.
I’ve remained loyal to the Cowboys while calling out our leadership . No doubt it’s a mixed bag of emotions .

Like we remain loyal to our country while calling out or questioning the leaderships policies and direction.

In a battle or war we can all set our differences aside . In football we set those aside each game for 60 minutes.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Straight up, there is NO company line favored as to discussion on merit. That then is an opinion on a football topic...

That topic doesn't touch the top reward, which he earned under Jerry, and he is in the Hall.

An already acknowledge future event, does not then demean that person involved. That again, is no greater than an opinion...sorry.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Straight up, there is NO company line favored as to discussion on merit. That then is an opinion on a football topic...

That topic doesn't touch the top reward, which he earned under Jerry, and he is in the Hall.

An already acknowledge future event, does not then demean that person involved. That again, is no greater than an opinion...sorry.
Good morning U.S.A.!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Is an Olympic Gold medal a cherished sporting event? ...yes it is.

It does not receive the argumentative mockery that ROH does and in pro football the acclaim element of respect is the Hall of Fame. Set argumentative priorities in proper stance as to demands.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If Jerry had won a Super Bowl after Jimmy's team won it in 95, Jimmy would already be in the ROH.

That's the hang up. He'd be honoring the guy who built a winner while he still can't.
He'd also have to admit defeat to the fans.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
No you're not the only. It's ridiculous this whole ROH thing lol
Let me ask you "don't care" guys a question - why is it so important for you to let us all know how much you "don't care"?

This thread is for people to debate the pros or cons. If you "don't care" then, quite frankly, you are irrelevant to this discussion. Your more logical course of action is to simply ignore the thread and not participate.