Jerry talked to Jimmy about the ROH

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry's being chased in circles on this. I don't think he ever initiates the conversation when it comes to adding Jimmy to the RoH.
Of course he’s not initiating the conversation. He’s making it a big deal by not correcting the oversight. It is absurd that a man who built a team that won 3 super bowls for Dallas…… an achievement recognized by his enshrinement in Canton…… is ignored by the Dallas Cowboys.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course he’s not initiating the conversation. He’s making it a big deal by not correcting the oversight. It is absurd that a man who built a team that won 3 super bowls for Dallas…… an achievement recognized by his enshrinement in Canton…… is ignored by the Dallas Cowboys.
I wasn't arguing the ethics of the situation, just responding to the statement that makes it sound like Jerry's the one bringing it up all the time.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on talking with Jimmy Johnson before last night’s game: “It was good to see him. Let me be real candid, Jimmy and I have never had issues with being around each other and being able to communicate. That shouldn’t surprise anybody. He’s very familiar with my family and we’ve spent a lot of time together. … I think a lot of Jimmy Johnson, make no mistake about it.”

Jerry on if there was any Ring of Honor talk:

“We visited about that. And we also, as people who have known each other a long time, we got a lot to needle each other about. And it’s fun.”

I ran Jerry’s quote through the “Jones Translation App” and the translation says this: “Jimmy will not be in ROH as long as I’m breathing”.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro has no intention. And Jimmy probably doesn’t care. It’s a dead issue except for some fans.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Jimmy should have been in years ago.

Without Jimmy Johnson there would be no Super Bowls in the 90's. Period.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on talking with Jimmy Johnson before last night’s game: “It was good to see him. Let me be real candid, Jimmy and I have never had issues with being around each other and being able to communicate. That shouldn’t surprise anybody. He’s very familiar with my family and we’ve spent a lot of time together. … I think a lot of Jimmy Johnson, make no mistake about it.”

Jerry on if there was any Ring of Honor talk:

“We visited about that. And we also, as people who have known each other a long time, we got a lot to needle each other about. And it’s fun.”

That is so much BS right there, Jerry just seems weaker by the day and Jimmy shows respect by actually gracing Jerry with his presence and just now Jerry wants to
discuss Jimmys ROH talk,, so very weak on Jerry and Son included.
Jimmy should have already been up there.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Am I the only one here who doesn't care about Jimmy and the ROH?
Jimmy Johnson engineered three SB winners, arguably. Two inarguably. Jerry has done bupkis since. Wow, this is even at issue? This is one super-dysfunctional franchise - from the top down.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jethro has no intention. And Jimmy probably doesn’t care. It’s a dead issue except for some fans.
It is not a dead issue to Johnson's players. Or should individuals, who both played and were paid by both these two men, be simplified as 'some fans' also?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know what would really stir things up is if Jerry put Barry Switzer in the ROH before Jimmy.
It would not surprise me if he did. Not one bit. He would probably explain it as having a dream that Tex Schramm told him he should put Switzer in the Ring.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is not a dead issue to Johnson's players. Or should individuals, who both played and were paid by both these two men, be simplified as 'some fans' also?
Probably . The point is it isn’t going to happen with Jethro. It’s like rooting for him to step down as GM.

We can bash him for not doing it but it isn’t going to change anything. That’s what I mean by dead issue.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably . The point is it isn’t going to happen with Jethro. It’s like rooting for him to step down as GM.

We can bash him for not doing it but it isn’t going to change anything. That’s what I mean by dead issue.
There is no probably unless, for example, Troy Aikman has lied publicly about his thoughts on the matter.

I respect your definition of 'dead issue'. However, it would suggest many of your posted talking points about the franchise, outside per game related observations, fall under the same definition also.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is no probably unless, for example, Troy Aikman has lied publicly about his thoughts on the matter.

I respect your definition of 'dead issue'. However, it would suggest many of your posted talking points about the franchise, outside per game related observations, fall under the same definition also.
In some ways my talking points about our ownership are dead issues because they aren’t changing anything .

My broader objective is to bring more awareness and insight . But any hope of swaying our owners ways is basically a dead end.

Troy is just hoping his bigger voice could influence Jethro which I doubt. And if the objective is to further expose Jethro’s agenda on the matter , that’s fine but again I’m suspect it moves the needle .

I’m all for further exposing Jethro which I’m not recommending to cease. My point is it’s not likely to ultimately sway him.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score

Did both Jimmy and Troy go through divorces and change their families?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s only one coach in the Ring of Honor. There are still lots of players who deserve it more, in my opinion. Those of you who say the Cowboys won a SB after Jimmy left with Jimmy’s team.
  • The Cowboys almost won 4 in a row if not for turnovers in SF in first quarter.
  • The next SB without Jimmy came two years after he left.
  • Jerry’s team lost to a SF team that rented Deon Sanders that year; Jerry brought Deon to Dallas to help win that ‘95 SB, so don’t tell me it was all Jimmy’s team.
  • That argument actually makes one want to put Jimmy in the ROH for his GM role instead of coaching, but he never really held that title.
The 94’ team was blindsided by the Erik Williams car accident. He was the best tackle in the NFL at the time ( Reggie white said it) and on a HOF track. Dieon in SF had nothing to do with it. Teams didn’t change much year to year prior to the salary cap and free agency. 2 years is nothing. Jimmy built the core of the team that won the 95’ Super Bowl. It was so good that even a guy who had never coached in the NFL and had been retired for 7 years like Switzer could stand on the sideline and win. Jerry hired Switzer to prove his boast that 500 coaches could win with this team. What Jerry failed to understand ( and you as well) is that only one coach could have put that team together.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In some ways my talking points about our ownership are dead issues because they aren’t changing anything .

My broader objective is to bring more awareness and insight . But any hope of swaying our owners ways is basically a dead end.

Troy is just hoping his bigger voice could influence Jethro which I doubt. And if the objective is to further expose Jethro’s agenda on the matter , that’s fine but again I’m suspect it moves the needle .

I’m all for further exposing Jethro which I’m not recommending to cease. My point is it’s not likely to ultimately sway him.
Bold> there is nothing you have stated that has brought greater awareness or insight. Practically everyone, who reads these forums, fully comprehend the information you provide. The same goes for what anyone else has ever stated about Jones' impact on the franchise, my words included.

CowboysZone serves as an emotional release for Dallas Cowboys fans. It is where we can vent and cope. It is a sounding board but practically everyone gets everything they read. Just because people totally understand where you are coming from and what you are telling them but refuse to react towards Jones and his dysfunctional oversight of the franchise in the way you hope, does not mean anyone is clueless. It is the exact opposite, in fact.