Jerry talked to Jimmy about the ROH

Mark

Reaction score
Jerry is probably frustrated & confused -- trying to work out a way to induct himself to the ROH.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry needs to enter Jimmy. into the ROH.
It will lift the "Jimmy Curse"

Rowdy, shows up in 1996 and he is the real curse in a form of a Jimmy voodoo hex doll. :lmao2:

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Something tells me neither does Jimmy...
If he is still around I’m betting he weeps like a baby the day he gets in. Problem is I don’t think Jerry’s ego will allow Jimmy to go in before he does and Jerry isn’t going in while in charge. Jimmy will have to outlive Jerry in order to experience going in and even then I wouldn’t put it past Jerry to leave direct orders for Jimmy not to go in till he has passed on.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is the T-Day game on FOX this year?
Maybe at the end of Dolly Parton's half time show, she can announce by singing that Jerry will enter Jimmy into the ROH after they clear off her stage form the field.
:laugh:

Cmac

Reaction score
When Jerry was being interviewed, were words coming out of his mouth? If so, he was engaging in deception if not outright lying.
I'd ask, was liquor on the table while Jerry was talking?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There’s only one coach in the Ring of Honor. There are still lots of players who deserve it more, in my opinion. Those of you who say the Cowboys won a SB after Jimmy left with Jimmy’s team.
  • The Cowboys almost won 4 in a row if not for turnovers in SF in first quarter.
  • The next SB without Jimmy came two years after he left.
  • Jerry’s team lost to a SF team that rented Deon Sanders that year; Jerry brought Deon to Dallas to help win that ‘95 SB, so don’t tell me it was all Jimmy’s team.
  • That argument actually makes one want to put Jimmy in the ROH for his GM role instead of coaching, but he never really held that title.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is not a matter how Jerry Jones, Jimmy Johnson or anyone else in the world feels about Johnson going into the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor.

It has everything to do in whether or not it is the right thing to do.

Why should anyone be publicly acknowledged for doing anything of significance if what was significant lacks importance? Just remove the entire Ring if that is the case.

Apathy breeds apathy.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are bigger than Jerry Jones. You don't turn down the ROH.
They are without question must see TV, big business, profitable etc....but the Jones boys version of a football operation is nothing to write home about.

GMO415

Reaction score
Jimmy knows it's a dangling carrot. He's not stupid.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I want Jerry to extend the offer...and I want Jimmy to decline. If....If....I was Jimmy....I would not even want it at this point.

Football people from front office, to players, to fans (real fans)....know the impact Jimmy has had on football. Both on the collegiate and professional level. He does not need the Dallas ROH for validation, especially since he is in the HOF!!!!! He should not have to BEG....BEG....a barely serviceable football man to be recognized. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that is how I am built. If I have to beg...if you have to recognize me reluctantly...then you can keep it!!!
We are talking about the highest reward in a cherished and national sport...not kiddie play toys that require play ground pouting.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Jerry has 5-6 primary strings to yank to put the Cowboys and himself back on top of the sports media show topics. This is one of them. He has a bye week so he has to load them up. Get ready for a Dak extension quote very soon as well.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
“We visited about that. And we also, as people who have known each other a long time, we got a lot to needle each other about. And it’s fun.”
No coincidence I'm sure that he mentioned needling Johnson in the same breath as visiting with him about the Ring of Honor. I'm sure it is fun for him to keep Johnson out.