Twitter: Jerry: The Eagles are going to be all we can handle

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I never said they didn't improve.. What I said was the Cowboys are still better. Maybe not to the tune of beating them by an average 24 points a game but still better. Better defense, better running backs, better receivers (when they're all on the field) and perhaps most importantly, when healthy better QB. The Cowboys may not boat race them twice this year.. Maybe they even split with them.. But I have not seen a 20+ point swing between the two teams.. Even if the Eagles improve by two TDs against Dallas they still lose by double digits if all things stay equal. That's what they're looking at.. Now if Dak doesn't make it all the way back to his pre-calf injury self yes.. Philly might be on equal footing with the Cowboys or could even be better. But I have to see it to believe it.
:facepalm:

Szczepanik

Reaction score
So.....Formula + winning championship = Not winning formula?

One championship total in the superbowl Era, wouldn't exactly say that's a proven formula. Even a blind man h
LOL.

So because we won 3 SBs in the 90s under a different structure, front office, etc. we have a better "formula" right now?

You realize how utterly stupid that sounds, right?

You are basing a front office success strategy on overpaying for free agents yearly.

Since when has the eagles ever demonstrated success as a front office? They continually waste their draft picks, and overpay for free agents every year.

I understand our grievances on our own front office, but to use Philadelphia and their total 1 SB victory as the gold standard.....

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Eagles DO look legit….so far
Not sure how that even be debated

GINeric

Reaction score
The Jerry stans have to be torn now.

They believe what Jerry says is the gospel, but are currently whining about the Eagles not being any good.

They believe Dak can still improve 7 years in, but Hurts does not have the ability to improve 3 years in.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Again.... there are MANY quarterbacks who've improved after their 7th season.... Dak has actually only played 6 full seasons.

So if other human beings can improve at quarterback after this amount of time, than I believe that Dak deserves the same opportunity as those other human beings. There are also quarterbacks who haven't won a Superbowl until being in the league 12, 13 years.

Its amazing how those situations can be ignored when talking about what Dak won't do after playing just 6 seasons. Kinda comes across a lil hypocritical.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
In the last 20 years, they have a few more playoff wins and a Super Bowl that we don’t have. Anyway, I think we have a higher winning percentage and the edge in head to head matchups.

A few more playoff wins?
Since 2000
Eagles- 27 Playoff games. 14-13
Dallas- 11 playoff games. 3-8. Same number of wins as Chicago, Jax, Cincy

Regular season wins
Eagles 205
Dallas 187

If you want to talk franchise value etc, have at it. On the field Philly has been better for the past 20 plus years.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
In the last 20 years, they have a few more playoff wins and a Super Bowl that we don’t have. I’m as frustrated as anyone else that we haven’t hoisted a Lombardi in quite awhile. We had a few teams good enough to go further than what we did—an injury, bad call, freak play sabotaged our success on moe than one occasion, but poop happens, right? Anyway, I think we have a higher winning percentage and the edge in head to head matchups. That just goes with the larger fanbase, better ratings, higher team value and infinitely richer legacy. I use that crap more when I feel I have to defend my choice of favorite team. But What’s the purpose of this debate, anyways? Converting fans to another team? Changing opinions? Having the last word?

Yay, Eagles! Cowboys suck! I’m so embarrassed, full of shame and resolve to be miserable from here on out. We’re doomed

Profile of a “modern enlightened” Cowboy fan?
If Stephen would just have made a decent attempt at signing Von Miller our defense would be wicked.
And drafted Watts instead of The Taco

sandbridge77

Reaction score
A few more playoff wins?
Since 2000

Regular season wins
Eagles 205
Dallas 187

If you want to talk franchise value etc, have at it. On the field Philly has been better for the past 20 plus years.

There you go introducing facts into a Eagles suck thread, party pooper.

HungryLion

Reaction score
One championship total in the superbowl Era, wouldn't exactly say that's a proven formula. Even a blind man h

You are basing a front office success strategy on overpaying for free agents yearly.

Since when has the eagles ever demonstrated success as a front office? They continually waste their draft picks, and overpay for free agents every year.

I understand our grievances on our own front office, but to use Philadelphia and their total 1 SB victory as the gold standard.....

They’ve accomplished much more than the cowboys for 20 years now. 20 years.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Again.... there are MANY quarterbacks who've improved after their 7th season.... Dak has actually only played 6 full seasons.

So if other human beings can improve at quarterback after this amount of time, than I believe that Dak deserves the same opportunity as those other human beings. There are also quarterbacks who haven't won a Superbowl until being in the league 12, 13 years.

Its amazing how those situations can be ignored when talking about what Dak won't do after playing just 6 seasons. Kinda comes across a lil hypocritical.
Winning a Super Bowl is a team accomplishment. So, we can just put that to the side.

On to your other point.....name some QBs that have made big improvements 7 years in on top of having at least 1 serious injury and minor injuries along the way that have cause them to miss time.

GINeric

Reaction score
Winning a Super Bowl is a team accomplishment. So, we can just put that to the side.

On to your other point.....name some QBs that have made big improvements 7 years in on top of having at least 1 serious injury and minor injuries along the way that have cause them to miss time.

Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Joe Theismann, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, John Elway just to name a few. These guys weren't winning superbowls earlier in their careers and got better than they were in their first 6, 7 seasons.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
One thing I learned watching them on Monday.....you can't sit back in a zone and expect them to beat themselves. You gotta bring pressure....Vikings did it once...had some success. ..then went right back to that 4-2-5 soft zone....and got destroyed. Don't let that 24-7 score fool you. Should have been much worse.

ESisback

Reaction score
A few more playoff wins?
Since 2000

Regular season wins
Eagles 205
Dallas 187

Just trying to make the best of it, and wring SOME enjoyment out of this game we all “SEEM” to enjoy. Think we’ll beat the Giants? Nice comeback against Cincy, huh?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Joe Theismann, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, John Elway just to name a few. These guys weren't winning superbowls earlier in their careers and got better than they were in their first 6, 7 seasons.
Again,

Super Bowls are a team stat. I said that in my original post, so let's ignore the team aspect.

I specifically asked you to name me QBs that have significantly improved their game 7 years in while also suffering at least 1 major injury with the minor injuries starting to rack up.

GINeric

Reaction score
Again,

Super Bowls are a team stat. I said that in my original post, so let's ignore the team aspect.

I specifically asked you to name me QBs that have significantly improved their game 7 years in while also suffering at least 1 major injury with the minor injuries starting to rack up.

I named the quarterbacks.....

With that said, are you willing to go on record to tell all the people here who bring up the fact that Dak only has one playoff win that its a TEAM STAT???

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Our GM and his DNA recipient sidekick are more than this team can handle every year.
Bob, come on now. How many owners have built a beautiful nightclub stadium for the fans? and don't forget about the artwork. We are probably the only stadium with artwork and Jean Jones baggy butt jeans for mature women.
sheesh hating fans.
Jerry gives you culture and nightlife and people hate it. Who cares about winning? sheesh, new fans. :rolleyes:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I named the quarterbacks.....

With that said, are you willing to go on record to tell all the people here who bring up the fact that Dak only has one playoff win that its a TEAM STAT???
You named a few good QBs and a few not good QBs that have been on Super Bowl winning teams.

What major injuries did all those QBs suffer before year 7? How many of them took a drastic leap in skill level in year 7 after that major injury?

I say W/L is a team stat constantly. You know this.