Jerry: This is a must win

Hadenough

Reaction score
There's really no "must wins" that make the Earth explode.

But I think we need to play solid, smart and execute. Let's call it a warm up for playoffs.
Remember when I said the SF game was a must win! Well they blew that and the SB is SFs to lose. People kept saying it's just another game. Yeah well now they see!

meddleroidz

Reaction score
Uh...perhaps it has to do with all that revenue Jerry makes for those home playoff games
giphy.gif
i looked up that game on the database, cowboys never beat the broncos in the last 20 years damn. btw they lost that obviously, and i miss foles!

meddleroidz

Reaction score
eagles are sinking but all it takes is one good playoff game and they are back on track remember 2017? they sucked at the end.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's only fair that the Dak lovers all have to eat **** and leave! When they lose!
They're worried as they have very little faith in their man-crush.
Deep down they know he is Liability # 1 when it pertains to the upcoming playoffs.
Heck the last month he has once again reaffirmed that against real teams 20 pts are a luxury from him.
In the end, this is the weakest NFC he has ever faced, and nothing but a win in the NFCCG is expected and DEMANDED from QB 1.......
Make us eat the CROW Dakko............can you?

plasticman

Reaction score
Honestly, in a way, he's right. There's a lot riding on this game
Jerry is absolutely correct. Understand, I am the opposite of a Jerry Jones apologist.

Not only is Jerry correct, but it needed to be said. Fans and media are already looking past this game and that would be a tragic error on the part of the Cowboys players.

Washinton fans would celebrate victory as if it were the Super Bowl and rightfully so. If the Cowboys were to exit early as the result of being the 5th seed, then Washington fans could justifiably claim that their team stopped the Cowboys from a deep playoff run and possibly got McCarthy fired. It would be the worst loss since the expansion Texans beat them in their inaugural game.

That would be like having sex to a Washington fan.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I suppose we should be looking ahead to divisional round which we’d obviously like to be at home .

In 1st round I’d sure hate to draw the hot Rams instead of going to Tampa .

But winning 2nd seed prevents us from facing SF until champ game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Jerry is absolutely correct. Understand, I am the opposite of a Jerry Jones apologist.

Not only is Jerry correct, but it needed to be said. Fans and media are already looking past this game and that would be a tragic error on the part of the Cowboys players.

Washinton fans would celebrate victory as if it were the Super Bowl and rightfully so. If the Cowboys were to exit early as the result of being the 5th seed, then Washington fans could justifiably claim that their team stopped the Cowboys from a deep playoff run and possibly got McCarthy fired. It would be the worst loss since the expansion Texans beat them in their inaugural game.

That would be like having sex to a Washington fan.
Exactly. Remember, they overlooked the WFTs last year and everyone was like WTH?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Surprisingly there’s little revenue advantage for home teams in playoffs. All ticket revenue goes to NFL which is shared to all 32 teams which leaves only the concession and parking which averages 1-2 million per game .

https://www.sportico.com/leagues/fo...fs-generate-no-financial-windfall-1234658372/
There are plenty of other benefits from home playoff games such as local sponsorships, product sales, promotion of upcoming non-football events at the stadium, etc. while the city also benefits with increased revenue generated from fans coming into town for the game.

I am sure there are plenty of other ways Jerry has created to generate revenue for himself and the Cowboys from home playoff games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There are plenty of other benefits from home playoff games such as local sponsorships, product sales, promotion of upcoming non-football events at the stadium, etc. while the city also benefits with increased revenue generated from fans coming into town for the game.

I am sure there are plenty of other ways Jerry has created to generate revenue for himself and the Cowboys from home playoff games.
Yep. No doubt that the community and those related as in sponsors , etc benefit and I imagine with the sheer additional volume ( attendance) Cowboys would benefit more than other franchise stadiums but I was surprised how there really isn’t much financial reward on the average hosting a playoff game.

conner01

Reaction score
Honestly, in a way, he's right. There's a lot riding on this game
There is a lot riding and I think they will be fired up to win. My concern is health. Armstrong, Tyler, Tyron and others dinged up. I don’t think we will risk playing guys who aren’t fully healthy. We are in the playoffs either way but you sure won’t those guys fully healthy for the playoffs

conner01

Reaction score

And even in ticket sales since we have one of the biggest stadiums so more tickets sold

DandyDon52

Reaction score
jerry said playoffs started 2 weeks ago. He is all amped up this time, he even put jimmy in ring to lift the curse !!