Jerry: Tony Romo will return at some point near the end of the year at the latest

Gabe

Reaction score
Tony Romo is one of the top-rated passers in NFL history. Its insane to think since he hasnt gotten there in his 9 years starting, that he never will.

You know whats more insane? That there have been 50 Super Bowls. Not one single rookie has won it. Not one. Shield yourself from that fact all you want and pretend that Dak gives us a better chance to succeed in the playoffs, buddy.
Just because you have a good QB Rating doesn't automatically make you a good QB, let alone a great one. If you as a QB fell behind in a lot of games because you put your team in bad situations repeatedly, by default you would have a better QB Rating having to play prevent defenses constantly.

Someone made a point about comeback wins. Well you only get comeback wins when play poor for a lot of the game... Dak has had ONE this year. The best evidence of how much of a chance Romo gives us is to look at his postseason history. Dak hasn't had a chance to demonstrate what he can do. Romo has shown his ENTIRE career what he does.

We are 6-1 and dominating and most rookie QBs that have sniffed a SB win have been RECENT QBs. You gotta think one is going to breakthrough eventually. Why not let Dak be the great one who eventually does? It's worth a shot. I think most reasonable people would agree with that.

There are MANY people who have played and coached football at the greatest of levels saying "stick with Dak!" Are they all wrong?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Tony Romo is one of the top-rated passers in NFL history. Its insane to think since he hasnt gotten there in his 9 years starting, that he never will.

You know whats more insane? That there have been 50 Super Bowls. Not one single rookie has won it. Not one. Shield yourself from that fact all you want and pretend that Dak gives us a better chance to succeed in the playoffs, buddy.
How does Romo give us a better chance when he's never even sniffed the Super Bowl. He's had 9 years, only 2 chances?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll be the first to say it . Dak will not be the first Rookie QB in NFL history to win the Super Bowl.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'll be the first to say it . Dak will not be the first Rookie QB in NFL history to win the Super Bowl.
Maybe not, but Romo has not, is not, and will not ever reach a Super Bowl. I bookmarked that 5 years ago, still in affect.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think Dak will eventually especially if we continue to build this defense . The offense is now as stacked as it's been since the 90's run

But for one maybe two seasons I think a seasoned veteran like Romo if he's close to 2014 form provides us a better shot in the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nice attitude. I still clearly remember the "He will never play an NFL snap" posts.
That's quite a leap from being first Rookie to win a Super Bowl.

I feel extremely confident in my prediction.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
There are MANY people who have played and coached football at the greatest of levels saying "stick with Dak!" Are they all wrong?

As long as they are using idiotic reasoning such as "hot hand" then yes, they are all wrong.

By the way does Dak's hot hand ever cool off because I would imagine after another 20 incompletion game that even Romo's clipboard hand was warmer. Dak fanboys have found an eternal way to keep Dak in the driver's seat: give him all of the credit for wins, regardless of how he plays, and cry about drops in the losses. Voila! Eternal hot hand.

Gabe

Reaction score
As long as they are using idiotic reasoning such as "hot hand" then yes, they are all wrong.

By the way does Dak's hot hand ever cool off because I would imagine after another 20 incompletion game that even Romo's clipboard hand was warmer. Dak fanboys have found an eternal way to keep Dak in the driver's seat: give him all of the credit for wins, regardless of how he plays, and cry about drops in the losses. Voila! Eternal hot hand.
I think 6-1 is the best way to look at it. That's really all that matters regardless of how we get there. I'll continue taking 6-1s from now until eternity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Isn't it interesting as the OP used the tweet of Jerry just moments after the OT TD thatRomo wouldn't be returning until later in the season like as soon as we win he recieved a medical update.

I've been following almost every Jerry spout since 1989 and this was about as suspect as any.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think 6-1 is the best way to look at it. That's really all that matters regardless of how we get there. I'll continue taking 6-1s from now until eternity.
We've had 6-1 before. Romo had a couple of them on the way to 13-3 and 12-4.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Isn't it interesting as the OP used the tweet of Jerry just moments after the OT TD thatRomo wouldn't be returning until later in the season like as soon as we win he recieved a medical update.

I've been following almost every Jerry spout since 1989 and this was about as suspect as any.

I didn't use any tweet from anywhere. I listened to him on the radio and repeated what he said. It wasnt just moments after the game it was tuesday morning. What are you even talking about.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It's ok. This gives Romo more time to heal. I suspect a Peyton type entrance " later in the season ".

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Dak's play will make them suddenly decide that Romo is well enough to play again before all is said and done. I'm thrilled that we have Dak for the future, but he still needs a lot of seasoning, IMO. I know that a lot of fans have a different take, and I totally understand their logic...I just think that Tony is easily the better option in the short-term.
That has been known since week 3.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I didn't use any tweet from anywhere. I listened to him on the radio and repeated what he said. It wasnt just moments after the game it was tuesday morning. What are you even talking about.
The tweets I saw from someone about Jerry commenting on Romo. Maybe that was the Mod. You did see Jerrys interview after the game?

He said Romo wouldn't be starting in Cleveland like he needed the result of the game before deciding that. The rest was on Tuesday on the Fan.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The tweets I saw from someone about Jerry commenting on Romo. Maybe that was the Mod. You did see Jerrys interview after the game?

He said Romo wouldn't be starting in Cleveland like he needed the result of the game before deciding that. The rest was on Tuesday on the Fan.

yea i watched that and listened to him on the fan tuesday. I never posted a tweet. He also said Romo would not be active at cleveland on tuesday morning.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
How does Romo give us a better chance when he's never even sniffed the Super Bowl. He's had 9 years, only 2 chances?
Because he is more experienced and a better player.

By your logic,

Colin Kaepernick would give us a better shot at a Super-Bowl because he's been there before.