Jerry: Trey Lance has made the 53

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The hypno disc image was a clue. A fairly large clue, which, combined with the inclusion of Trey Lance's name, should have made the sarcasm crystal clear. I will tell you what that means if it does not ring any bells.
Sorry you didn’t accept my apology and instead acted like a horses.

75boyz

Reaction score
This. But is there anybody in here with at least a triple digit IQ that thought Jerry would cut his pet project and chance to show his "keen" eye for talent without letting this play out? If you did, you must be new here.
This.
Exactly this.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
And one can assume the conversation went something like "... you're gonna erm', put that 'um young man uh, on the roster. He's gonna be uh, a lot cheaper than that er, uh, other guy who wants to take all of erm' uhh my money"
I'm sure it had alot to do with whether or not Lance could be the guy. If McCarthy and his staff feel like he can develop into the next guy, it's something to really consider. Im thinking they've seen something that the media is missing, and relayed the message to the old man. I don't see Jerral coming out and telling us he's a lock unless he and his coaches see real potential.

I've been ice cold on Lance since the trade. Didn't hate it because at least it was an effort to get creative and try to catch lightning in a bottle, but didn't really see it as a needle mover. I'll be honest, man. I think he's starting to win me over. If Dak walks, sign him up for a 1-year prove it deal and let him win the job. If he doesn't, do your best to keep him on board and groom him until its Dak's time to go. We may have something here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No it isn't. McCarthy is a QB expert. Lance is a QB. Why would Jerry not get an opinion from McCarthy? The Draft classes are littered with coach suggestions. Why would personnel on roster be any different?
I’m not sure what you’re talking about my issue isn’t any of the above it’s him doing interviews on player personnel and announcing a backup player Is making the team. Why stop there might as well tell us the the 52….

Chasing6

Reaction score
Frrfffccfr
No it isn't. McCarthy is a QB expert. Lance is a QB. Why would Jerry not get an opinion from McCarthy? The Draft classes are littered with coach suggestions. Why would personnel on roster be any different?
Great question. Why did GM Jethro not get an opinion from MM before trading for him??!

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Frrfffccfr

Great question. Why did GM Jethro not get an opinion from MM before trading for him??!
He saw an opportunity and took it. McCarthy didn't have any hands on experience with him and bringing in a decent QB prospect for a 4th makes sense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Usually the Head Coach decides who makes the 53 and it is not announced a week before. :huh:
The Boss decides...always.

You may not see the boss telling the coach who it;s gonna be. Not all teams have the scrutiny Dalllas has. But of course there are teams the head coach has more influence and autonomy....

But you pretending you have SO much inside information....and bullying people about it...so cute. I wish I could kid myself as easily you do yourselff...it would be FUN!

Chasing6

Reaction score
He saw an opportunity and took it. McCarthy didn't have any hands on experience with him and bringing in a decent QB prospect for a 4th makes sense.
So we are to believe GM Jethro now wants MM opinion, when he did not want it before???

What exactly is the point of GM Jethro announcing that Trance made the 53 in advance???