Twitter: Jerry: We have a QB we can build with for years to come

Legend

Reaction score
Witten was always slow and Dez was treated as a #1 by other teams

I bet Dak would not turn down an opportunity to like play with Julio Jones or Antonio Bryant (via trade).

Either one of them would make Dak and Zeke better which will result in more $ in their pockets.

keysersoze

Reaction score
He did in 2007 but lost first playoff game to Giants.
Yea. You’re right. I thought it was 12-4. But Romo’s best season TEAMWISE is equal to Dak’s rookie accomplishments TEAMWISE. Right?

Legend

Reaction score
LOL....you think Dak is gonna sign for that. :laugh:

He will have no choice unless his receivers are upgraded next year and he subsequently puts up better numbers.

Plus, a lot of you on this board state Dak is a good backup.

So why pay a “backup” like a good starting QB?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I bet Dak would not turn down an opportunity to like play with Julio Jones or Antonio Bryant (via trade).

Either one of them would make Dak and Zeke better which will result in more $ in their pockets.

Neither of those guys could make Dak better because it is Dak who has the issues, and that won't change just because you get a better receiver (remember they don't throw to themselves) but with the right QB either one of those guys could make Zeke a 2000 yard rusher

Last edited:

Legend

Reaction score
Neither of those guys could make Dak better because it is Dak who has the issues, and that won't change just because you get a better reciever (remember they don't throw to themselves) but with the right QB either one of those guys could make Zeke a 2000 yard rusher

They will make Dak better because they can make contested catches, get separation, catch less than perfect passes, and attract 2 defenders... opening up others like Beasley.

It would be like 2016 again but with a #1WR as the lead instead of a #2WR since Dak can hit the open man deep... like he did with Austin, Gallup, and Zeke.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
They will make Dak better because they can make contested catches, get open, and attract 2 defenders... opening up others like Beasley.

It would be like 2016 again but with a #1WR as the lead instead of a #2WR.
Dak (on the majority of his throws) doesn't throw the ball to any receivers unless they are wide open in his eyes, so how do they make contested catches? Unless of course you are talking about all the bad passes he throws. As far as getting double coverage, i agree they would so the question then becomes do you want to pay either of those guys 16-19M per season to catch maybe 65-70 balls while they take away a couple of defenders so a guy like Beasley can get open?

Legend

Reaction score
Dak (on the majority of his throws) doesn't throw the ball to any receivers unless they are wide open in his eyes, so how do they make contested catches? Unless of course you are talking about all the bad passes he throws. As far as getting double coverage, i agree they would so the question then becomes do you want to pay either of those guys 16-19M per season to catch maybe 65-70 balls while they take away a couple of defenders so a guy like Beasley can get open?

Contested throws like this in addition to the 50-50 passes... since they will make Dak force the ball to them like Dez did last year. However, they are a lot better than Dez.

They will get separation at times throughout their routes like this.

They will beat double coverage at times like this

True #1WRs are a mismatch for the defense. Look at how Hopkins spanked Byron Jones with ease.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Contested throws like this in addition to the 50-50 passes... since they will make Dak force the ball to them like Dez did last year. However, they are a lot better than Dez.

They will get separation at times throughout their routes like this.

They will beat double coverage at times like this

True #1WRs are a mismatch for the defense. Look at how Hopkins spanked Byron Jones with ease.

He had a HOF QB throwing him the ball, i know it's a small detail but i figured i would point that out to you incase you didn't realize it, because i know you can't possibly believe Dak is a HOF QB

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
It is some what baffling what Dak is reading and how much separation people need before he will throw it.

Seems like he is looking Rico's way, not sure what he saw to make him hold the ball on this one.

Busted coverage at the bottom of the screen, and looking at the route combos, they had the numbers to the left as well. 3 receivers vs a CB, S and LB smh

Last edited:

Legend

Reaction score
He had a HOF QB throwing him the ball, i know it's a small detail but i figured i would point that out to you incase you didn't realize it, because i know you can't possibly believe Dak is a HOF QB

You do not need to be a HOF QB to throw the ball to true #1WRs who are mismatches for the opposing defenders.

Case in point: Look at how T.O. got opened for Romo. Romo is not a HOF QB.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
It is some what baffling what Dak is reading and how much separation people need before he will throw it.

Seems like he is looking Rico's way, not sure what he saw to make him hold the ball on this one.

Busted coverage at the bottom of the screen, and looking at the route combos, they had the numbers to the left as well.

Well done

DiResta

Reaction score
Remember when someone got Stephen all excited about signing Tavon, and he proceeded to let everyone know they had special plans for this fancy "web back"?
that's probably what this is.
Jerry just *wink* letting the rest of us in on what the gang is telling him

because I reject that reality

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
You do not need to be a HOF QB to throw the ball to true #1WRs who are mismatches for the opposing defenders.

Case in point: Look at how T.O. got opened for Romo. Romo is not a HOF QB.

That is yet to be determined but aside from that Romo was a top 10 QB in the league and retired as the 3rd highest rated QB of all time so his credentials as a starting QB were pretty good

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
That seems odd.

Prescott:
Passer rating: 86.6
Team: 9-7

Romo:
Passer rating: 87.1
Team: 0-16

Comparing Prescott's 2017 to Dallas's most recent 16 losses with Romo.

So what are you saying here? If Romo had a bad game the team lost but if Dak had a bad game the team was able to come thru and carry Dak to the win...just asking? Cause it sure seems like Romo had to be at the top of his game for us to win and Dak doesn't which would lead me to think that if we had a better QB we would be winning alot more games since 2017

Legend

Reaction score
By the way Michael Irivin would not be in the HOF today if Dak Prescott was his QB
I doubt that.

HOFers had unique talent. T.O. played with Jeff Garcia and McNabb who are not HOF QBs as well.

Michael Irvin was drafted in 1988 as a future savior for the Cowboys.

Randy Moss played with Cunningham and Culpepper who are not HOF QBs.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I doubt that.

HOFers had unique talent. T.O. played with Jeff Garcia and McNabb who are not HOF QBs as well.

Michael Irvin was drafted in 1988 as a future savior for the Cowboys.
Both of those guys you just mentioned were head over heels better than Dak. TO also played with Steve Young and Tony Romo