News: Jerry, we never been better at Safety

links18

Reaction score
Darren Woodson and Brock Marion? Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters (plus Bill Bates)?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don’t know if best ever but certainly the best overall safety group in a very long time

I agree. I was just pointing out how his statement could be misconstrued. I figured he meant lately, and it is the best we've had in a decade (Thanks Garrett).

rambo2

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jones-we-ve-never-been-better-at-safety

Have to agree with him, this is the best I felt about the S position for a very long time.

Man, if Hooker can be a ball hawk like he was at OSU, and Diggs continues his ball hawk ways.
This could be a fun defense to watch.
If the pass rush is there, it can create these turnovers.
If the secondary does their job in coverage, it can create sacks for the DL.

Just need to see how the run defense improves. From PS games with backups that had looked far better than past PS games.
I agree also. Excellent depth.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yet the players of today wouldnt bother. Such a soft group this team is.

Yup, I remember in 2018 how the Titans did that same thing, and only Byron Jones took exception to it. The rest couldn't care less. Another example of the legendary incompetence known as Garrett ball.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Nice way to disrespect
Woodson
Everett
Washington
Marion
Bates
Gant
I think we were much better than…..should change his statement saying since Jimmy left.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jones-we-ve-never-been-better-at-safety

Have to agree with him, this is the best I felt about the S position for a very long time.

Man, if Hooker can be a ball hawk like he was at OSU, and Diggs continues his ball hawk ways.
This could be a fun defense to watch.
If the pass rush is there, it can create these turnovers.
If the secondary does their job in coverage, it can create sacks for the DL.

Just need to see how the run defense improves. From PS games with backups that had looked far better than past PS games.
Woodson and prime Roy Williams were better than any safety tandem since Jerry has owned the team.