Twitter: Jerry: We're going all in for 2024, still believes in Dak

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/...64fDHxy1xzrcQ4qx576cFDLixZfYfHpMC5jEAz4cIbFjo

"This is not a 'talk yourself into it,'" Jones said. "It obviously gives you a lot of things to consider and think about. Everybody has options. This is one I'm very comfortable with. I felt good during the year with the job that Mike was doing. The team was responding well. We were all disappointed that we didn't win that Green Bay game. We had visions of a lot better than that, we all did. But there are things there that we can take forward."

Rhetoric from fans following the decision to bring back McCarthy implied that without change from a coaching standpoint, there wouldn't be a change in on-field results, but Jones said he knows how to make an impact to better position the Cowboys next season in the playoffs.

"I know how to disrupt and understand disruption," he said. "I think that the nature of what we do with our roster decisions – the fact that we're here looking for help for this coming year at the Senior Bowl, the fact that we have free agency opportunities, the fact that we've got substantive decisions to make here on our roster as it pertains to the salary cap – that's enough disruption for me. If we get through all of those decisions, there will be a lot of disruption."
"I think you can look on all three phases and see that we've got room for improvement," he said. "The thing that I would emphasize more than anything is that Dak has room for improvement and not just the scheme around him, but Dak can improve. That's a big plus when you've been playing the game for seven years and, by assessment, have some room to get better in. I expect him to do it next year and the next year."

:thumbdown::facepalm:
This isn’t a ringing endorsement for Dak.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
its jerry so i dont put a lot of stock in what he says or son for that matter my give a crap is broken when it comes to the cowboys any more not going to be paying much attention this year

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Yeah, he puts emphasis on Dak improving OUTSIDE the scheme, which is what they did in the off-season. It’s essentially like saying the scheme is no longer an excuse.

I think that’s why he kept Mike he doesn’t see the scheme as a failure. I think he realizes that Mike really got what he could get out of him and Jerry calling out that 7 years and that Dak needs to improve? I think that Lance trade was Jerry taking an active step into potentially moving on. I wonder if they hold off on the extension until spring ball to see how both he and Lance look.

zeke21

Reaction score
For all those hoping to read between the lines and hope Jerry is finally done with Dak...... he didn't hint at anything other than we are stuck with Dak for a long time. That does not make me happy.

We will go as far as Dak takes us.. so another 1 and done against the 7th seed coming up I suppose.

JJ is an idiot. A rich idiot but still an idiot.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
His definition of all in and our definition of all in are 2 entirely different things.

My definition would have been letting the entire coaching staff go. Bringing in BB and giving him full control of all coaching, staying out of meetings, staying off the radio, and basically doing what every single other owner in the NFL does.
Because Bellichick has been doing such a great job at all those things since Brady moved on?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I think that’s why he kept Mike he doesn’t see the scheme as a failure. I think he realizes that Mike really got what he could get out of him and Jerry calling out that 7 years and that Dak needs to improve? I think that Lance trade was Jerry taking an active step into potentially moving on. I wonder if they hold off on the extension until spring ball to see how both he and Lance look.
lol...Dak is not going anywhere. JJ talks in riddles.

Redline360

Reaction score
Dallas-Cowboys-NFL-23-Season-meme.png.webp

Jayinem

Reaction score
I guess all-in means keeping the roster in tact and the coaching staff, and just drafting some players. We know they won't do anything in free agency, they probably are cap strapped anyway.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
"Dak has done nothing to change my mind about any promise for the future. I think I've said that we will go as far as Dak takes us in the playoffs. Remember that. We will go as far as Dak takes us. And that is how far we went."

Dunn dunn duuuuuunnnnn!
Yeah, I don't know how OP interprets this as "we're all in and still believe in Dak"

Sounds like "We're getting tired of this #$*! and this is his absolute last shot" to me.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I guess all-in means keeping the roster in tact and the coaching staff, and just drafting some players. We know they won't do anything in free agency, they probably are cap strapped anyway.
Tell us you know nothing about the salary cap without saying you know nothing about the salary cap. They can make a ton of money. Just depends on who you think we should keep, who we should restructure, and what would get us over the top.

The one thing they won't mess with is Dak. That is pretty much a given he will be the QB next year.