Twitter: Jerry: We're starting over at kicker

plymkr

Reaction score
Well, here I am again with Yamasaki

https://www.bardown.com/x-league-kicker-takeru-yamasaki-hits-73-yard-field-goal-with-ease-1.1491655

He hit a 73 yard kick with ease back in 2020

As for more kickers for me to check out, here is a list of the All Stars leading up to the Rice Bowl, which I'm going to try to watch on YouTube to try to scout more kickers. https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...22-x1-super-all-x-league-teams-announced/amp/

I should note that the Rice Bowl is basically the Japanese version of the Super Bowl. Looks like the kicker that made their all-star list is Shintaro Saeki from the Panasonic Impulse. I'll have to try to catch some videos of him. However, I think that Yamasaki and Saeki should be brought in for try outs to see what they can do. I think either could make an interesting addition at kicker for us.
Dude you are hilarious. I can't believe your are scouting Japanese kickers. You're a true fan. Can't deny your passion. I really hope that some scouts or players or agents read this board and read your posts and they look into it and sign that guy that can kick a 73 yarder. I got to admit that I am intrigued by these kickers you're talking about.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dude you are hilarious. I can't believe your are scouting Japanese kickers. You're a true fan. Can't deny your passion. I really hope that some scouts or players or agents read this board and read your posts and they look into it and sign that guy that can kick a 73 yarder. I got to admit that I am intrigued by these kickers you're talking about.

I actually have a thread where I dug even deeper. I hope Jerry has scouts there too.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Dak didn't fall apart against the Eagles or the Bucs in the playoffs.
The Bucs were weak - a division winner with a losing record and the Eagle game was not a playoff game. Dak’s throw to Hilton on 3-30 was a dime.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly. QB leads the league in INT's despite missing a full 1/3rd of the season, but it's missed XP we're losing sleep about.

That's good GM'ing, Jerry.....

Plus, there's an outside the box but easy way to fix the kicking situation. And we've done something similar to what I've been pounding the table for before.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You guys defending Maher and wanting him back are weird. This went beyond choking, total meltdown.
Yeah, if it was one or even two misses, I would be inclined to give him a second chance but the dude missed what, 5 XPs in a row:eek:

Cant put him back on the field after that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good.

I still feel bad for Maher. Great season, those awesome 60+ yard field goals… and then his career is just absolutely obliterated over the course of a few minutes.

His career has to be over, right? Who else is going to sign the guy that missed 4 easy field goals in the playoffs?
They were extra points.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those defending Maher, the dude is done. Missing 4 extra points in a game ( let alone a playoff game) has never been done before in the history of the NFL. This is unchartered, psychological meltdown territory. If he had a hip problem, it would be easier to fix. Nobody is ever going to trust this guy again.

What he did is so inexplicable that the NFL should probably launch an investigation to discover if he was betting on the game.

morat1959

Reaction score
How bout we are starting over at QB? The kicker doesn’t matter with Dak under center.