Jerry's drunken interview

zrinkill;3345992 said:
Where did I say he owed me anything?

In fact in an earlier post I stated he owes the fans nothing.

But he does owe an apology to Bill and Tebow and his team ...

Sorry if you are to juvenile to understand that.

He said we can't play Tebow anywhere. Why does he have to apologize for that?

As far as Bill Parcells, I'm pretty sure he was joking.
 
zrinkill;3345992 said:
Where did I say he owed me anything?

In fact in an earlier post I stated he owes the fans nothing.




But he does owe an apology to Bill and Tebow and his team ...

Sorry if you are to juvenile to understand that.
I'm not too juvenile to get upset over a grown man drinking.

Get real with the "owes the team an apology." He doesn't owe them or you squat, despite you obviously thinking he does.
 
Jon88;3345996 said:
He said we can't play Tebow anywhere. Why does he have to apologize for that?

As far as Bill Parcells, I'm pretty sure he was joking.

I am sure he was too ...... but its unprofessional to talk about these people when you are drunk at a bar as the GM of the Dallas Cowboys.
 
theogt;3345997 said:
I'm not too juvenile to get upset over a grown man drinking.

Get real with the "owes the team an apology." He doesn't owe them or you squat, despite you obviously thinking he does.

:bow:
 
Jon88;3345996 said:
He said we can't play Tebow anywhere. Why does he have to apologize for that?

Um, pretty sure no one gives a **** about the Tebow crap.

As far as Bill Parcells, I'm pretty sure he was joking.

More pro-Jerry spin. Actually, you don't know that at all. More like "wishful thinking."
 
Boy, I bet Jerry Jones is red faced right now, after he hears he is on the internet while he was drunk and I betcha that Stephen Jones isnt too happy either.

Jerry Jones video contains strong comments about Bill Parcells
Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2010 6:13 PM ET
As it turns out, players aren't the only folks connected to the NFL who need to be careful about what they say and do when Sprint phones with video recorders are present.

The folks at ******** have tracked down a video of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones talking about quarterback Tim Tebow and former coach Bill Parcells.

The quality of the video is substandard but the voice sounds like Jones. As to Tebow, he says that he wouldn't draft the 2007 Heisman winner in the third round because he'd "never get on the field." As to Parcells, Jones says that he's "not worth a ****," that he nevertheless loves him, but that he's "not worth a ****."

Jones also seems to explain that he hired Parcells in order to help get the new Cowboys Stadium built.
 
theogt;3345997 said:
Get real with the "owes the team an apology." He doesn't owe them or you squat, despite you obviously thinking he does.

Would he expect an apology from Wade or Romo if they had been caught like this?

(see if you can answer this honestly)
 
zrinkill;3345998 said:
I am sure he was too ...... but its unprofessional to talk about these people when you are drunk at a bar as the GM of the Dallas Cowboys.

I never knew there were set rules as how you should act when you're the GM of the Cowboys.
 
Jon88;3346009 said:
I never knew there were set rules as how you should act when you're the GM of the Cowboys.

Its the same set of rules every NFL employee acts by. As a GM he should no that. (and he does)
 
cowboyjoe;3346006 said:
Boy, I bet Jerry Jones is red faced right now, after he hears he is on the internet while he was drunk and I betcha that Stephen Jones isnt too happy either.

Jerry Jones video contains strong comments about Bill Parcells
Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2010 6:13 PM ET
As it turns out, players aren't the only folks connected to the NFL who need to be careful about what they say and do when Sprint phones with video recorders are present.

The folks at ******** have tracked down a video of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones talking about quarterback Tim Tebow and former coach Bill Parcells.

The quality of the video is substandard but the voice sounds like Jones. As to Tebow, he says that he wouldn't draft the 2007 Heisman winner in the third round because he'd "never get on the field." As to Parcells, Jones says that he's "not worth a ****," that he nevertheless loves him, but that he's "not worth a ****."

Jones also seems to explain that he hired Parcells in order to help get the new Cowboys Stadium built.


What a stupid thing to admit to anyone, let alone a bunch of college kids.

Jerry was hammered.
 
zrinkill;3346007 said:
Would he expect an apology from Wade or Romo if they had been caught like this?

(see if you can answer this honestly)
For getting caught doing something incredibly embarrassing while drunk?

Maybe so ... but I won't stop ... believing!

Kidding aside. An employer's duties to an employee are different than an employee's duties to an employer.
 
zrinkill;3346010 said:
Its the same set of rules every NFL employee acts by. As a GM he should no that. (and he does)

I don't like what he did, but there are no rules saying you can't get drunk and talk to people while being videotaped.
 
JJ can do what he want. As long as he ain't drunk or hung over in the war room come draft time I'll be fine. A grown man should be allowed to go out every now and then and get ****faced as long as he doesn't endanger other people. JJ don't owe us anything other than managing the team properly, if he wants to drink on his off time he can do it. And I watched the video it ain't that bad.
 
theogt;3346012 said:
For getting caught doing something incredibly embarrassing while drunk?

Maybe so

Then why should he not be expected too?


theogt;3346012 said:
... but I won't stop ... believing!

Is that a shot at the "Believe" thing we had for the team last year?

What does that have to do with this?
 
Jon88;3346014 said:
I don't like what he did, but there are no rules saying you can't get drunk and talk to people while being videotaped.

You really believe that?
 
zrinkill;3346017 said:
Then why should he not be expected too?




Is that a shot at the "Believe" thing we had for the team last year?

What does that have to do with this?
Tony Romo video singing the song while drunk.

I can't imagine he had to apologize for that. Except to the over-zealous crowd.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,019
Messages
14,657,545
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top