Jerry's drunken interview

Alexander;3346907 said:
It was partially made tongue in cheek, but that decision was most certainly one of the more impulsive decisions he has ever made and it was fueled by his love for the player. He wanted him badly and eventually got willingly raked over the coals.

And it does sound like he could have easily woke up the next day and said "I traded what?"
It makes sense that you say this. Again, I'm not used to seeing you stoop to sensationalism to vent when you are pissed about something. I honestly didn't think you would respond to that guy's question at all.
 
ScipioCowboy;3346330 said:
This episode reflects very poorly on Jerry Jones and, by association, and the Cowboys organization.

I'm very troubled by his Parcells comments. They suggest that money and certain aspects of image are more important to him than winning.

It's been that way since Jimmy left.
 
Chris in SoCal;3346923 said:
Sure, Jerry got drunk and said some things he shouldn't have in front of someone who Jerry did not know was filming him.

Some Jerry Jones Apologists takes:
Wasn't actually him
Film was doctored
No big deal

Plenty of examples of this.

Some Jerry Jones Bashers takes:
This is why we don't win Superbowls
Jerry is the root of all evil
This is the biggest deal ever

Almost no examples of this.
 
Alexander;3346925 said:
I do not think he regrets it still, and I doubt he would publicly admit it even if he did. He will be defiant until the bitter end and when he finally is cut, I doubt you will see many apologies.

I still think he believes he did the right thing because he still values Williams for some strange reason.

If it were me, I would be livid I have been embarassed by his play the last couple of years and be wearing Williams out. But that is hardly the case with this. He is still getting the kid glove treatment.

I'm sure he regrets it, but hindsight is 20/20.

Prior to the trade, everyone was clamoring for us to get a #2 receiver. Roy had the nickname The Real Roy Williams on many forums. He was legit.

I'm an ignorant fan, but I loved the trade at the time.
 
Alexander;3346925 said:
If it were me, I would be livid I have been embarassed by his play the last couple of years and be wearing Williams out. But that is hardly the case with this. He is still getting the kid glove treatment.

That would only make sense if Roy somehow wasn't working hard or wasn't giving a full effort. If the player is working hard and he still stinks, it's your fault for trading for him, not his.
 
bbgun;3346950 said:
Almost no examples of this.
It is not that big of a deal.

For the "bashers" it is ho hum. Oh look, he got drunk and acted stupid again. Par for the course.

For the "apologists" it was either a set-up by some punk with a cell phone or comments he made in jest.

I think it is funny when people excuse drunken ramblings as exagerrations or untruths. Actually, he is being more honest here. A lot more honest than when he is sober and winking, grinning and talking in circles when responding to questions.
 
I dont think anyone who liked Jerry before this came away hating him.

I think the people bashing him for this hated him all along.
 
CATCH17;3346965 said:
I dont think anyone who liked Jerry before this came away hating him.

I think the people bashing him for this hated him all along.

Not me ..... I have always defended Jerry.

But that was just stupid, immature, and nonprofessional.
 
CATCH17;3346965 said:
I dont think anyone who liked Jerry before this came away hating him.

I think the people bashing him for this hated him all along.

That's a good point.
 
Alexander;3346961 said:
It is not that big of a deal.

For the "bashers" it is ho hum. Oh look, he got drunk and acted stupid again. Par for the course.

For the "apologists" it was either a set-up by some punk with a cell phone or comments he made in jest.

I think it is funny when people excuse drunken ramblings as exagerrations or untruths. Actually, he is being more honest here. A lot more honest than when he is sober and winking, grinning and talking in circles when responding to questions.

AFAIK, none of the critics want him disciplined by the league or anything like that. But for the apologists to deny that this is newsworthy, or deny that Jerry embarrassed himself and the franchise, is textbook cognitive dissonance.
 
bbgun;3346969 said:
But for the apologists to deny that this is newsworthy, or deny that Jerry embarrassed himself and the franchise, is textbook cognitive dissonance.
But it was "hilarious" though.
 
Alexander;3346961 said:
It is not that big of a deal.

For the "bashers" it is ho hum. Oh look, he got drunk and acted stupid again. Par for the course.

For the "apologists" it was either a set-up by some punk with a cell phone or comments he made in jest.

I think it is funny when people excuse drunken ramblings as exagerrations or untruths. Actually, he is being more honest here. A lot more honest than when he is sober and winking, grinning and talking in circles when responding to questions.

The old saying goes "Drunk men don't lie"
 
bbgun;3346969 said:
AFAIK, none of the critics want him disciplined by the league or anything like that. But for the apologists to deny that this is newsworthy, or deny that Jerry embarrassed himself and the franchise, is textbook cognitive dissonance.

I don't think it's newsworthy because he didn't really say anything interesting.

I do think he embarrassed himself in the sense that a 70 year old multi-millionaire looks foolish being drunk around 20-somethings.

I don't think he embarrassed the franchise the very least.
 
Alexander;3346961 said:
I think it is funny when people excuse drunken ramblings as exagerrations or untruths. Actually, he is being more honest here. A lot more honest than when he is sober and winking, grinning and talking in circles when responding to questions.

Man, that's the truth.

He has tried so hard over the years (after the bad start with the "pick of the litter" comment) to polish his comments and responses. Even hired a PR coach early on.

But none of that works when you're loaded.
 
Real1st;3346976 said:
The old saying goes "Drunk men don't lie"

I have lied to many women when I was drunk. :laugh2:

As for Jerry like most drunks you make a fool of yourself and just does not look good for him getting ripped like that.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
476,019
Messages
14,657,738
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top