Jerry's drunken interview

So the elephant that seems to be standing in the room that nobody seems to wish to address...

Paraphrase: "Bill P. was brought in to sell tickets for a new stadium." Last year several people questioned whether Jerry was more interested in winning, or making money...And I do believe they all were slammed pretty hard (I took the "noble" route and was 50/50 at best on the topic...Let's just say I am quite the diplomat.)

Well, I've been drunk before and I sure as hell know that is usually the time that you let the "truth" out and inhibitions go...

So, to all of you who suggested that Jerry was more interested in the $$$ than the rings, you may have been right.

I will admit. I am still torn. I know fame is important to him, as is ego, but that usually comes with the rich and successful...

I do have to admit however that right now I am not 100% certain that winning is the most important thing to Jerry. I think it is something he would like, but is not the primary focus of his "football business." Of course that is what it is...a business. May be time to face the truth...

Thoughts?
 
Quarterback Coach;3349258 said:
So the elephant that seems to be standing in the room that nobody seems to wish to address...

Paraphrase: "Bill P. was brought in to sell tickets for a new stadium." Last year several people questioned whether Jerry was more interested in winning, or making money...And I do believe they all were slammed pretty hard (I took the "noble" route and was 50/50 at best on the topic...Let's just say I am quite the diplomat.)

Well, I've been drunk before and I sure as hell know that is usually the time that you let the "truth" out and inhibitions go...

So, to all of you who suggested that Jerry was more interested in the $$$ than the rings, you may have been right.

I will admit. I am still torn. I know fame is important to him, as is ego, but that usually comes with the rich and successful...

I do have to admit however that right now I am not 100% certain that winning is the most important thing to Jerry. I think it is something he would like, but is not the primary focus of his "football business." Of course that is what it is...a business. May be time to face the truth...

Thoughts?


Jerry wants to win as much as any other owner in the NFL. That is why his teams have won SB's. He also wants to make money, just like any other NFL owner.


You think that the owner of the the Lions just want to make money, and not win a SB?

Any other questions?

:lmao2:
 
Ok over under 5 posts of QB coach saying how great he is before he abandons the thread today?
 
BigDFan5;3349288 said:
Ok over under 5 posts of QB coach saying how great he is before he abandons the thread today?



CLOSED.
 
5Stars;3349271 said:
Jerry wants to win as much as any other owner in the NFL. That is why his teams have won SB's. He also wants to make money, just like any other NFL owner.


You think that the owner of the the Lions just want to make money, and not win a SB?

Any other questions?

:lmao2:

I belive the topic was addressing what was more important to Jerry.
 
Halloween.jpg
 
Quarterback Coach;3349299 said:
I belive the topic was addressing what was more important to Jerry.


That would require the operation of Jerry's mind, and I cannot do that.

How would I know that?


:confused:
 
If Jerry wasn't the owner and just a fan...he would give DC Fanatic's, and the Hostile's of this board a run for there money!

He is all in....or nothing....it's always been his style. One thing you to remember is he sunk a butt load of his own money into that masterpiece in Arlington. Can you blame him for wanting to get it back?

And as far as him getting drunk and rambling with the fans.....who in there lives have never drank a few and your stories got better and the truth got slighted a bit???
 
Aven8;3349317 said:
If Jerry wasn't the owner and just a fan...he would give DC Fanatic's, and the Hostile's of this board a run for there money!

He is all in....or nothing....it's always been his style. One thing you to remember is he sunk a butt load of his own money into that masterpiece in Arlington. Can you blame him for wanting to get it back?

And as far as him getting drunk and rambling with the fans.....who in there lives have never drank a few and your stories got better and the truth got slighted a bit???

Lot's of people...


:confused:
 
5Stars;3349309 said:
That would require the operation of Jerry's mind, and I cannot do that.

How would I know that?


:confused:

Was his mind not operating the other day for all to see/hear...Have his actions contradicted his words that night?
 
I think Jerry wants to win as much as anything, because he knows its good business and will mean more money and notoriety.

But I think it's important to him to be seen as the guy who made it happen.
 
Aven8;3349317 said:
And as far as him getting drunk and rambling with the fans.....who in there lives have never drank a few and your stories got better and the truth got slighted a bit???

I've always belived that the truth usually came out in those circumstances...no inhibitions and a *** attitude...
 
Chief;3349345 said:
I think Jerry wants to win as much as anything, because he knows its good business and will mean more money and notoriety.

But I think it's important to him to be seen as the guy who made it happen.

Though I agree with most of what you say I am sadly under the impression based on actions, and now words that it is:

a) Ego,
b) Money,
c) Winning

In that order. Of course maybe JJ would disagree... :lmao2:
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,017
Messages
14,657,246
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top