Jerry's message to the fans: Look for the positives

leeblair

Reaction score

Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on his message to Cowboys fans that aren't excited about how the season has started: "Look for the positives. Look for us to be improving. ... I'm interested in building toward the crescendo of getting in the playoffs, and then being a much better team than we are today when we get to the playoffs. I think that's what you're seeing.

"If someone had come to you before the season started and said, 'Would you rather us struggle a little bit during the season, or knock it out of the park during the season and lose early in the playoffs?' There's no question everybody would say: 'Man, have a little less season and a little more playoffs.'"

I'm positive that Jerry has killed the real Dallas Cowboys and replaced them with his circus.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score

Millen removed as Lions team president, CEO

ESPN.com
September 25, 2008

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions fired president Matt Millen on Wednesday, more than seven years after the former linebacker and TV analyst took over one of the NFL's most mediocre franchises and made it the worst.

"I have relieved Matt Millen of his duties effective immediately," Lions owner William Clay Ford said in a statement Wednesday afternoon... Read more

Matt Millen says, "Where's my other 22 years..?"
I despise jerry but I'm just saying there are worse gms. We did win 12 games 3 years in a row. Their are franchises much worse off than us.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I despise jerry but I'm just saying there are worse gms. We did win 12 games 3 years in a row. Their are franchises much worse off than us.
Bold> Understood but the only reason why Jerry Jones had the trial-and-erroring opportunity to overseeing three consecutive 12-game seasons was of not getting canned when he was overseeing either three consecutive .500 seasons or three consecutive sub .500 seasons. If Jones can be judged as a good GM for three consecutive 12-game seasons, how should he be equally judged for seasons not quite as lofty?

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
Bold> Understood but the only reason why Jerry Jones had the trial-and-erroring opportunity to overseeing three consecutive 12-game seasons was the not getting canned when he was overseeing either three consecutive .500 seasons or three consecutive sub .500 seasons. If Jones can be judged as a good GM for three consecutive 12-game seasons, how should he be equally judged for seasons not quite as lofty?
I agree with all of that. I'm just saying there are like 10 to 15 fan bases out there who would trade places with us.

BigD5

Reaction score

Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on his message to Cowboys fans that aren't excited about how the season has started: "Look for the positives. Look for us to be improving. ... I'm interested in building toward the crescendo of getting in the playoffs, and then being a much better team than we are today when we get to the playoffs. I think that's what you're seeing.

"If someone had come to you before the season started and said, 'Would you rather us struggle a little bit during the season, or knock it out of the park during the season and lose early in the playoffs?' There's no question everybody would say: 'Man, have a little less season and a little more playoffs.'"

Mmm yes Jerry is right once again! He proves it over and over how brilliant of a mind he is!

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
He legit sounds incoherent. Jerry how about struggling early AND missing playoffs? You missed that one.