Jerry's message to the fans: Look for the positives

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry is trying to stay relevant without flat out saying "we're quietly rebuilding", but that's what the actions indicate.

Adjust your expectations accordingly fans. Those hanging on to hope that something miraculous will happen this season are going to have a bad time.

So yeah... Don't let the negatives beat you up. Enjoy the positives where you can.
If true, Jeruh does not know how to rebuild.

Build Back Stupid comes to mind.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Will do, Jerry.

b84f7ef0-4188-11ef-9b29-d1a5b7682fe2.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Jerry Jones “process” as a GM:
  1. Never EVER stop the sales pitch. Always sell, market, sell, market, etc.
  2. Build up fan expectations regardless of any likelihood of it happening.
  3. Hire a head coach who will allow you to speak at any time on any subject you choose, allow you to influence the locker room, allow you to select assistant coaches, and any do anything else you want at any time.
  4. Remind fans that your franchise is #1 in revenue and value.
  5. Spend lots of time (during football season) lining up boxing matches, concerts and tractor pulls for your beloved ”stayjum”.
  6. When on field failures occur deflect and imply blame onto your puppet head coach, assistants and the players. They are all disposable.
  7. Send your lazy, entitled son out regularly on the radio and other public formats to remind fans we can never afford any players because of the salary cap.
  8. In fact, when in doubt about making personnel moves or signing your own players ALWAYS blame the cap.
  9. If fan unrest occurs because of losing, make some kind of bold move (whether advisable or not) to make it appear you’re taking action.
  10. After a really bad loss throw in some meaningless phrases to appear you are about to make changes: “I’m ALL IN”, “I get it big time”, “I’m going to make some people uncomfortable”, etc.
  11. Then change nothing.
  12. Agree to any and all media interviews; especially Stephen A Smith.
  13. Fire everyone but yourself and the kiddos then….
  14. See step 1.
We know Bob. You tell us the same thing every single day.

Preoccupied

Reaction score

Jerry Jones on @1053thefan on his message to Cowboys fans that aren't excited about how the season has started: "Look for the positives. Look for us to be improving. ... I'm interested in building toward the crescendo of getting in the playoffs, and then being a much better team than we are today when we get to the playoffs. I think that's what you're seeing.

"If someone had come to you before the season started and said, 'Would you rather us struggle a little bit during the season, or knock it out of the park during the season and lose early in the playoffs?' There's no question everybody would say: 'Man, have a little less season and a little more playoffs.'"

Found them !

+ +
+

links18

Reaction score
The positives? Jerry is one year closer to taking the dirt nap. Negatives: Sonny boy will be even worse than pops....

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
'Would you rather us struggle a little bit during the season, or knock it out of the park during the season and lose early in the playoffs?' There's no question everybody would say: 'Man, have a little less season and a little more playoffs.'"
As if that was the only choice.

Buffoon.

shabazz

Reaction score
The positives? Jerry is one year closer to taking the dirt nap. Negatives: Sonny boy will be even worse than pops....
The only hope is that sonny sells the team......deep down he knows he sucks at his job

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Millen removed as Lions team president, CEO

ESPN.com
September 25, 2008

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions fired president Matt Millen on Wednesday, more than seven years after the former linebacker and TV analyst took over one of the NFL's most mediocre franchises and made it the worst.

"I have relieved Matt Millen of his duties effective immediately," Lions owner William Clay Ford said in a statement Wednesday afternoon... Read more

Matt millen says hi.
Matt Millen says, "Where's my other 22 years..?"