Jerry's message to the fans: Look for the positives

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I feel dirty for saying this but in theory he's right on the money. Working through early struggles to eventually gel and be much stronger at the end can and often does happen.

It takes strong leadership at every level though and I'll believe it when I see it with this organization.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Booger just took a leap on my all time dislike list. He's now one spot ahead of Debbi, who stole my bike and kept it in her garage until her mom had a yard sale.

Cost me $20 to get that bike back.

Surfguy

Reaction score
"Are you ready to go on the crescendo ride? Just push any button and it will take us anywhere you want to go! Hang on tight! I'm not exactly sure what happens next!"
Willy-Wonka-and-the-Wonka-Factory-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-17593556-640-480.jpg

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
The Jerry Jones “process” as a GM:
  1. Never EVER stop the sales pitch. Always sell, market, sell, market, etc.
  2. Build up fan expectations regardless of any likelihood of it happening.
  3. Hire a head coach who will allow you to speak at any time on any subject you choose, allow you to influence the locker room, allow you to select assistant coaches, and any do anything else you want at any time.
  4. Remind fans that your franchise is #1 in revenue and value.
  5. Spend lots of time (during football season) lining up boxing matches, concerts and tractor pulls for your beloved ”stayjum”.
  6. When on field failures occur deflect and imply blame onto your puppet head coach, assistants and the players. They are all disposable.
  7. Send your lazy, entitled son out regularly on the radio and other public formats to remind fans we can never afford any players because of the salary cap.
  8. In fact, when in doubt about making personnel moves or signing your own players ALWAYS blame the cap.
  9. If fan unrest occurs because of losing, make some kind of bold move (whether advisable or not) to make it appear you’re taking action.
  10. After a really bad loss throw in some meaningless phrases to appear you are about to make changes: “I’m ALL IN”, “I get it big time”, “I’m going to make some people uncomfortable”, etc.
  11. Then change nothing.
  12. Agree to any and all media interviews; especially Stephen A Smith.
  13. Fire everyone but yourself and the kiddos then….
  14. See step 1.
He is a Carnival Barker, plain and simple. Biggest joke of a GM in the league

stinkface

Reaction score
Jerry is having PTSD related to the Dave Campo years. Anything better then that and the fans should be happy. Parcells restored the aura of the Star on the helmet, not Jerry. Parcells gave us Romo and we then lucked into Dak.

Sadly neither Romo nor Dak had enough talent to carry us to the promised land. Jerry most likely won't be around to see another Championship. He'll, many on this forum who were here for the great Championship years won't see another either.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm interested in building toward the crescendo of getting in the playoffs, and then being a much better team than we are today when we get to the playoffs. I think that's what you're seeing.
Jerry must have forgot have the playoffs have gone the last few years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel dirty for saying this but in theory he's right on the money. Working through early struggles to eventually gel and be much stronger at the end can and often does happen.

It takes strong leadership at every level though and I'll believe it when I see it with this organization.
There is not any need of feeling dirty for agreeing with Jerry Jones stating the obvious in my opinion. My thing is the zero need for him to play PT Barnum.

As a businessman, he is attempting to protect the vitality of his product. His words will not accomplish the feat. His words never have because what his customers--his franchise's fans--feel about the team having little to nothing to do with what comes out of his mouth.

Every word he said must be backed by the performance of the team now. His words will have zero meaning if the team does not mirror his promotion.

It is a polar opposite result if his words eventually appear prophetic. His words do not throw passes accurately. Or open or clog holes in the defensive line. Or get separation from defensive backs. Or prevent deep pass plays. Or knowing when or when not to throw a challenge flag. The team minus him will either do or not do all or any of his self-proclamations.

People buying tickets, merchandise and $35 chicken strip baskets because they like the team and do not wish to wait until they leave the stadium to get a bite to eat. His words are hollow concerning what he says the team will do. He should finally exorcise the seven-year old boy inside him, who was hawking his Ma and Pa Store, and understand this is professional football entertainment. And he is not even The Waterboy coach.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
There is not any need of feeling dirty for agreeing with Jerry Jones stating the obvious in my opinion. My thing is the zero need for him to play PT Barnum.

As a businessman, he is attempting to protect the vitality of his product. His words will not accomplish the feat. His words never have because what his customers--his franchise's fans--feel about the team having little to nothing to do with what comes out of his mouth.

Every word he said must be backed by the performance of the team now. His words will have zero meaning if the team does not mirror his promotion.

It is a polar opposite result if his words eventually appear prophetic. His words do not throw passes accurately. Or open or clog holes in the defensive line. Or get separation from defensive backs. Or prevent deep pass plays. Or knowing when or when not to throw a challenge flag. The team minus him will either do or not do all or any of his self-proclamations.

People buying tickets, merchandise and $35 chicken strip baskets because they like the team and do not wish to wait until they leave the stadium to get a bite to eat. His words are hollow concerning what he says the team will do. He should finally exorcise the seven-year old boy inside him, who was hawking his Ma and Pa Store, and understand this is professional football entertainment. And he is not even The Waterboy coach.
No disagreement here.

It's just so rare that Jerry says something that makes some sense so I thought I'd throw the squirrel the nut he rarely gets to have.

I'm not a hater after all! Lol

Asklesko

Reaction score
It's all well and good if we get better, but I don't see that happening.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a hater after all! Lol
You and I both know we have not gained the course requisite to say that. I will soon enroll in Rockporting 101 in order to gain that privilege. It is available through open enrollment at CowboysZoneUniversity.edu.

A word of warning though. There will be a two-month long praxis after we have earned the course credit. The requirement will be labeling fellow members as haters each day, ten times per day, for sixty days. It will be tough. It will be grueling. BUT WE CAN DO IT!!!

nobody

Reaction score
Jerry must be feeling some pressure if he's already in damage control mode.